Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 08-29-2008, 01:16 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean View Post
I agree with Keith with the whole Dancing with the Stars Lance issue. IT should have been offered to him to dance with a dude but however it is considered a 'family show' and i imagine the broadcaster just didn't want to deal with the crazy left-wing church -goers angrily protesting the show.
right-wing church, right-wing
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

I was at some dj club in Manhattan on Wednesday night, and two mixed drinks came to $20. I've give the point to Patrice.

I paid $11 for a drink at a Saul Williams show, and when I tried to tell the amazing story of how expensive it was, Brolo messed it up by guessing $12. New Yaaaaawk New Yaaawwwwwkkk!
Old 08-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
I agree with Keith with the whole Dancing with the Stars Lance issue. IT should have been offered to him to dance with a dude but however it is considered a 'family show' and i imagine the broadcaster just didn't want to deal with the crazy left-wing church -goers angrily protesting the show.
I'm surprised they didn't, that controversy would have made for big ratings.

I too think that since the show IS about dancing, and the whole point is for him to best showcase his dancing skills..it shouldn't matter who or what his dancing partner is. His dance partner shouldn't make him feel uncomfortable to dance with because otherwise he is put at an unfair disadvantage. If the show was a sitcom about dancing.. and the chemistry between the MALE-FEMALE parings was integral to the plot , I would agree with chemda in that his acting skills should prevail. But this is not the case. His acting skills aren't being judged , his dancing skills are. If he feels that he would be a better dancer with a male partner he should be allowed to choose one. Or if not, the other contestants should be paired with a same sex partner to level the playing field and just make the whole damn thing geh..
Old 08-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brend_duh View Post
I'm surprised they didn't, that controversy would have made for big ratings.

I too think that since the show IS about dancing, and the whole point is for him to best showcase his dancing skills..it shouldn't matter who or what his dancing partner is. His dance partner shouldn't make him feel uncomfortable to dance with because otherwise he is put at an unfair disadvantage. If the show was a sitcom about dancing.. and the chemistry between the MALE-FEMALE parings was integral to the plot , I would agree with chemda in that his acting skills should prevail. But this is not the case. His acting skills aren't being judged , his dancing skills are. If he feels that he would be a better dancer with a male partner he should be allowed to choose one. Or if not, the other contestants should be paired with a same sex partner to level the playing field and just make the whole damn thing geh..

i'm with you. it's not lke a movie. it's a competition, so there's an unlevel playing field now. not fair.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #25 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

two newbs in this thread and everyone slept on the welcome.

wow.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post

wow.
You should have shown them how it was done.

And Keith was right about "Dancing with the gays and not yet out gays."

[ But Fuuuuuuuuck you, ya noobs. ]

Your and Patrice's only real defense was "Just cos they're not all out, they have to all dance with chics."

<Edit> Punctuation, and love the show and the opposing viewpoints

Last edited by thepetek; 08-29-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
what's even worse is the left-wing fundamentalist christians, they're the real motherfucker
Old 08-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacki View Post
what's even worse is the left-wing fundamentalist christians, they're the real motherfucker
I don't know, I find the left wing fundies can often be fooled into quickly giving you a blow job--wham bam done. While the right wing fundies take some coaxing, but then give you....well, shit all kinds of kinky shit...but then they get Clingy. And want to rebel, but With You.

Damn, I ain't a black dude that's gonna freak out pa. Move to the next lvl and let me move on.

just sayin.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:15 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post

wow.
Oh Shit .. sorry Chemda..where are our manners??

Lemon, Cor-E:

FUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 11:31 PM   #30 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The only argument I could bring to the dance thing is that most traditional dances that they showcase on those shows are for male/female partners. If they changed the pairings, you wouldn't be actually participating in the dance properly. The dances themselves have specific gender roles. So, if Lance Bass was dancing Salsa with another guy, technically it wouldn't be "Salsa" because there's no one fulfilling the female role. Even the costuming comes into play because the dresses they wear have to flare up at certain times.

It's like a recipe. If there is one way to make Key Lime Pie, and you decide to make it with oranges instead, you can't call it Key Lime Pie anymore.

For example, on the "So You Think You Can Dance" show, half the guys on the show are gay. These are people who have been training in their styles for years, they aren't attracted to their partners, but the love the style of dance they do. They enjoy dancing the guy moves specifically and like how it looks when it complements the female movements. They'd be dancing the same way whether the show existed or not.

I mean, if the dancing was solely based on physical attraction to their partner, then why don't we hear about more professional gay dancers making routines in which they dance with their same gender?

http://www.candicomics.com <--- comic!