Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-10-2008, 12:18 PM   #61 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sucks for McNally if things really aren't going well with Ayn. I thought they made a cute couple on the show.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flerchin View Post
Sarah Palin is at best a person of average intelligence, much like W. She is pretty much everything that has been said about her in this thread. I think she is helping Obama, she's that stupid and people realize it. However, I don't think she is anti-polar bear. At worst she is ambivalent to polar bears.

Don't hurt our side by throwing out inaccuracies.

Or am I way wrong on this?
You're wrong. I mean in part I am being silly I admit, but it isn't an inaccuracy. She opposes putting polar bears on the endangered species list (keeping them as "threatened" i believe). The reason for this is because polar bear habitat would hinder gas and oil development. She was going to sue about it, not sure what came of it.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I am not at all surprised to see you write this.
Shouldn't you be saving some tree or something?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:52 PM   #64 (permalink)

Location: (34D) Bisexual in IL "If U read it & don't like it- I don't give a fuck."
Quote:
Sarah Palin is at best a person of average intelligence, much like W. She is pretty much everything that has been said about her in this thread. I think she is helping Obama, she's that stupid and people realize it. However, I don't think she is anti-polar bear. At worst she is ambivalent to polar bears.

Don't hurt our side by throwing out inaccuracies.

Or am I way wrong on this?
Hi Flerchin, not really anti-polar bear but she is opposing to list them as a threatened species and as a result this prevents the polar bear from receiving protection. Read this article: Alaska Will Sue Over Polar Bears, Gov. Sarah Palin Says There Is Not Enough Evidence To Support Threatened Species Distinction - CBS News

Here is a more recent article: Voices - Sarah Palin Denies Global Warming, Says Polar Bears Not Endangered
Old 10-10-2008, 07:15 PM   #65 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've now spent an hour or so googling the issue. It seems that putting polar bears on the endangered species list has been politicized. The republican side argues that polar bear numbers have gone up significantly since the 60's. The environmentalist side is arguing that their habitat is being reduced due to global warming.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
I've now spent an hour or so googling the issue. It seems that putting polar bears on the endangered species list has been politicized. The republican side argues that polar bear numbers have gone up significantly since the 60's. The environmentalist side is arguing that their habitat is being reduced due to global warming.
Any opinion on the issue?
Old 10-22-2008, 12:51 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Horse View Post
Any opinion on the issue?
It seems that the environmentalists are reaching on the polar bear issue. They are trying to use the reduced arctic sea ice to show that polar bears are being endangered. Therefor the Endangered Species act requires the government to intervene in all things that may contribute to global warming to save the polar bears.

I don't think Sarah Palin understands that polar bears are also in Russia, and probably have more international experience than her, but she may have inadvertently ended up on the right side of this issue. In my opinion.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:11 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmine9 View Post
I would have dated someone who never went to college, but anyone who says, "I don't read books." out of the question.
Education snobs are almost as bad.
Same here. Once I hit high school I had a problem with 'authority' (mostly the whole, even if you're ahead of te work, you still have to BE here) thing so i don't think less of anyone who never went to college (i did and dropped out). owever, it only took me one try of dating someone who said "I don't like reading/books" for me to brush that kind of people off. Books are fucking awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roasty View Post
I've tried Salvia twice, both times with stuff that wasn't very strong, but they were very bizarre experiences to say the least... etc.
I still say it's shit. Maybe I got a bad batch. Salvia was 'the big thing' 8 years ago and my friends and I smoked it all the time for a good amount of months. We all agreed, while not bad, it wasn't even as good as weed.