Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   827: Soap Hockey (Israel) (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/827-soap-hockey-israel-11581/)

scottperezfox 10-20-2008 11:18 PM

I'm afraid I didn't understand the origin of the phrase "soap hockey." Did I miss something?

Astigos 10-20-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scottperezfox (Post 468546)
I'm afraid I didn't understand the origin of the phrase "soap hockey." Did I miss something?

Google Result #1: Snakes on a Plane (S.O.A.P) Hockey team.
Google Result #2: This thread.

kevinc 10-21-2008 02:12 AM

welcome back, KATG!

:cool:

Keith 10-21-2008 05:51 AM

When sand becomes molten and cools, it does not cool to sand. It cools to glass. My proposal of bombing a sand dune of a country would not only eliminate a problem, it would also leave the country with a nice big layer of glass. You then get yourself a plane ticket, a bar of soap, a stick and some socks for your feet, and you enjoy a spirited but friendly game of soap hockey.

Anyone cringing at this idea as though it were brutal simply has never played soap hockey. It is an immensely good time.

Cart Horse 10-21-2008 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 468634)
When sand becomes molten and cools, it does not cool to sand. It cools to glass. My proposal of bombing a sand dune of a country would not only eliminate a problem, it would also leave the country with a nice big layer of glass. You then get yourself a plane ticket, a bar of soap, a stick and some socks for your feet, and you enjoy a spirited but friendly game of soap hockey.

Anyone cringing at this idea as though it were brutal simply has never played soap hockey. It is an immensely good time.

Beyond Gothic. Beyond Cringe. And Clean Too:)

Nihility 10-21-2008 06:13 AM

Keith,
When Andrew mentioned the cat and fountain story I was half expecting him to say that you crushed the cat like Spookys' toad.
I know a cat is bigger than a toad and at some point an animal is too big to stomp and yet, his tone of voice was eerily similar. I'm just glad you didn't. A sand cat would tear you to shreds if you tried.

Astigos 10-21-2008 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nihility (Post 468637)
Keith,
When Andrew mentioned the cat and fountain story I was half expecting him to say that you crushed the cat like Spookys' toad.
I know a cat is bigger than a toad and at some point an animal is too big to stomp and yet, his tone of voice was eerily similar. I'm just glad you didn't. A sand cat would tear you to shreds if you tried.

A cat is not too big to stomp and that Chinese woman in stiletto heals has proved that.

godstod 10-21-2008 12:03 PM

Was this show recorded in a bathroom? Reeeeeeeveeeeeeeeerb!

motownguy 10-21-2008 12:13 PM

Quote:

Great show, guys!

Grapist 10-21-2008 12:26 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't it be a good idea to wax the glass first?

*slurp*