Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 10-23-2008, 03:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

830: As a Kite

"I was in my own glass thing. So I couldn't get out of the box. And the box kept pushin' me - maybe 'cause I'm flyin' through space like that..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 10:31 AM   #2 (permalink)

keith is being unfair.
1. there were 2 riots not 4 (yeah not much of a good argument)
2. they happened in jerusalem which is the home of jewish, christian and muslim extremists!!! these ppl are insane and do not represent us all!
3. if youd come to my home town youd witness true coexistance. jews here live in houses that arabs build and clean for us.

actual palestinians sneak out of the palenstinian territories to go work as a low-class construction workers cuz theyre treated a lot better in israel.

point is chemdas right youre wrong.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

I love the show but when Keith goes off on these ridiculous rants with no facts to back it up and specious logic- It reminds me that he is an ignorant hick from Pennsylvania at heart.

Michael was right, you only feel safer in NY because you speak english and you know the area. NY is much more dangerous than MOST cities in the world. When people say "Well, granted, as everyone knows America is the greatest country on the planet..." as their opening argument I have to question what other countries they've been to. Keith, or even Chemda-- because she is the one that actually said the above quote, please name a few things that make America the greatest country. I'm not saying it's a bad country, I'm saying it is far from the greatest though. And just because you can name a country or two that is worse in each given category doesn't make America the best. I can't very well claim to be the smartest person in the world and use a couple stupid guys as my proof. "See, these guys are way stupider than me!" All you've proven is that you are at least 2 above last.

Stick to the "ha-ha"s. When you talk about political stuff you just embarass yourself. I know I'll get torn apart now so bring it on.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

okay, i dont know much about world events, and have no facts to back this up but my american opinon. With that being said, I feel like im the only one that agrees with keiths point of view. I didnt feel he was trying to argure that America is the best country, just that he could do without living in a country divided by religious intolerance. There is a higher chance that you could be a victem of terrorist attacks when walking around in Isreal more so than in America. In todays world, that is true, its just a fact. You can argure with, "you could get shot at any point on the streets in NY" .... okay true, but that wasent the point he was making, you dont have to worry about going out on a daily basis and being blown up or caught up in a riot.

Sometimes all this political talk on the show bores me, but hell they just came back from a trip to Isreal what else can you really talk about?
Old 10-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
I love the show but when Keith goes off on these ridiculous rants with no facts to back it up and specious logic- It reminds me that he is an ignorant hick from Pennsylvania at heart.

Michael was right, you only feel safer in NY because you speak english and you know the area. NY is much more dangerous than MOST cities in the world.
ummm...bullshit

from wiki:
Since 2005 the city has had the lowest crime rate among the 25 largest U.S. cities, having become significantly safer after a spike in crime in the 1980s and early 1990s from the crack epidemic that impacted many neighborhoods. By 2002, New York City had about the same crime rate as Provo, Utah and was ranked 197th in overall crime among the 216 U.S. cities with populations greater than 100,000. Violent crime in New York City decreased more than 75% from 1993 to 2005 and continued decreasing during periods when the nation as a whole saw increases.[143] In 2005 the homicide rate was at its lowest level since 1963, and in 2007 the city recorded fewer than 500 homicides for the first time ever since crime statistics were first published in 1963.

i dont know how that stacks up against international cities, but they would pretty much have to be crime free all over the world to really make a statement like you just did
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
Stick to the "ha-ha"s. When you talk about political stuff you just embarass yourself. I know I'll get torn apart now so bring it on.
mmmm that's good irony
Old 10-23-2008, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

On Wikipedia (truth central, I know): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_murder_rate

List of countries by homicide rate per year per 100,000 inhabitants for the years from 2000 onwards. The reliability of underlying national homicide rate data may vary

Homicide demographics are affected by changes in trauma care, leading to changed lethality of violent assaults, so the homicide rate may not necessarily indicate the overall level of societal violence. They may also be underreported for political reasons.

(2008 Data- Murders per 100,000 people)

#1- Iraq - 89
#2 - Venezuela - 65
#3 - El Salvador - 55.3

#45(ish) - USA - 5.7
#60(ish) - Israel - 2.62

6'0" 180 lbs.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Head1ess Gunner View Post
(2008 Data- Murders per 100,000 people)

#45(ish) - USA - 5.7
#60(ish) - Israel - 2.62
BOOM!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

When I was in elementary and Junior High school they wouldn't let us wear clothes with LA Raiders (still here at the time), LA Kings or Chicago White Sox logos or color sequences on them because LA gangs were wearing gear from those teams at the time. I'm 23 now so this was early to mid 90s. I live in La Mirada, a suburb outside of LA. It isn't a shit area or anything, I don't know of any sects of major gangs that leaked to my area. It never made much sense.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

why is salvia still legal? i've never tried but the horror stories from the show and the forums...

just stick with weed. it won't kill you.