Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Can heavily overweight people really be comfortable with their size?
Yes; people who are secure can feel comfortable in their fat. 36 17.31%
No; fat is uncomfortable no matter what the pig says. 172 82.69%
Voters: 208. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1022: General Coonery

"If I'm embarrassing me, I'm embarrassing you."

Dark Sided Since 1979 - Hell and Heartaches
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #2 (permalink)

I've been overweight since i was 12yrs old (damn you hormones and genetics!!!) I learned no matter how many diets and exercise routines I do, I will always be overweight. I workout and I eat normal, I don't go over board and know I'm happy no matter what I way RIght now 270lbs issues with arthritis chemo have limited my motblilty but i continue to workout. YAY me!
Old 08-14-2009, 02:48 AM   #3 (permalink)

To people who say they're "comfortable" with their fat i have one word, chafing.

I was fat as a kid and my inner thighs used to be chafed all the time. I remember being in PE at school and the teacher, who was like a drill instructor, made us do cross country running for 40 minutes each day. The only thing that's really fresh in my mind from those classes is the pain of ripping raw skin between my legs.

Thank god i joined a band and traded food for weed. Fat is uncomfortable no matter what any doughy pig tells you.
Old 08-14-2009, 03:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

they lie, if had the magical option of waking up the next day and being 100 pounds less they would kill for it, and if they said they wouldnt then they're lying

i used to run cross country, fucked my knee and completely stopped, traded my running shoes for video games and junk food, eventually i reached almost 200 pounds and being 5 8'' thats pretty fucking fat. no matter what anyone tells you, being fat is not comfortable, its a pain in the ass, from a emotional point of view as well as a physical point of view, i've been working out and eating less for the past six months, im finally down to 143lbs and i can say that i feel a million times better, sex is a million times more fun, most physical activity is no longer exhausting, basically every aspect of my life is better
Old 08-14-2009, 05:00 AM   #5 (permalink)

I am a fat fuck - but I'm doing something about it

I've been steadily gaining weight for years. Until I was 27, I never varied an ounce, 175 pounds, never gained, never lost.

Since August 1982, when I got one cold after another for over two months. I gained 20 pounds, and have been struggling to lose it ever since. The hardest part for me, was that I always seemed to be hungry. I've tried all sorts of diets, and none of them really work for me. I am 6 foot tall, have a large frame, I wear trousers with a 30 inch inseam, so when I sit down, I tower over others who are also 6 foot tall, yet have longer legs. It also didn't help that I have sleep apnea, and found I was eating to help keep myself awake.

According to my doctors, the less I eat, the more efficient my digestive system becomes, and the quicker I gain weight when I come off the diets. I've studied fat, and the way it is laid onto our bodies. Everyone is slightly different, but there are some things that affect everyone.

1) some cold viruses affect the way your fat is stored. Several of them have been shown to make those who have been affected, fatter. They first found this in Chickens, where they were feeding them the same amounts, but some developed more fat than others. The only difference between the chickens they could find, was the fat ones, had antibodies for specific cold viruses. So if you get one of these, you must be more careful with your diet.

2) exercise does help you lose weight. They used to say (and often still do) that aerobic exercise is the best type, but any exercise helps, and will help for up to 24 hours after you have finished.

3) our modern foods often have more calories in them, than the 'official' method of determining calories suggest they do. Processed foods can have as much as 25% more calories in them, than the wrapper suggests. Food that contains corn syrup, or fructose syrup, are the worse offenders, as your system does not have to digest it. It starts being absorbed into the body in your mouth, directly into your bloodstream. This single ingredient, Corn Syrup, is suggested by some food scientists, as the reason the US and the UK are having an obesity epidemic. Americans didn't start becoming obese, until after the food manufactures started adding it, and the Brits didn't start, until it started to be added to the food here.

The reason for the extra calories, is that the way they calculate calories, is they burn the food, measure the carbon released. They then took the faeces produced and burnt it (and measured the CO2) to calculate how much wasn't digested and then this information to create a formula to calculate how much passed through the body. This is the formula they use in calculating all food calories. But this method and the formulas used were calculated originally with non processed foods, raw foods, etc. Food scientists are aware of the discrepancy in calculating calories, but no one has been able to work out the best way of expressing this, and there is pressure from the food industry to not change the way calories are calculated.

4) The way a food is cooked, can also determine how many calories it really contains. A well done steak, has more effective calories, than a rare one. Cooked apple, has more calories than uncooked. Cooked vegetables, more than uncooked. Chopped food has more calories than unchopped.

5) We eat more than we think we do. Studies have shown that even if you write down everything you eat, and no matter how hard you try to document every, most people apparently unconsciously eat up to 25 percent more than they think they do.

This means that unprocessed foods are 'better' for you than processed.

But it was the fact that I was always hungry, meant that food was always on my mind, and therefore harder to stop eating.

However... there is hope, for me at least, and perhaps others.

Recently they discovered that thick soups, are digested slower than 'normal' food. If you take a normal dinner, and liquidize it, it can stay in your stomach for up to four hours. But if you just eat the dinner without liquidizing it, it will usually leave your stomach between 30 minutes and an hour after you eat it. This means you get hungry. So eating thick soup, means less hunger. Also if you liquidize your food, you eat less, as it fills your stomach faster.

There is other stuff I've found out about, but this is getting a bit long, so I will summarise.

On 27 May 2009, I put everything I have researched together, and decided to lose weight one last time. I weighed myself, 298 pounds. I set myself a target, of 277 pounds, and started using everything I've learnt.

On 19 June 2009, I passed my target. I had lost over 20 pounds. So I made myself another target, 263 pounds. Today, 14 August 2009, I have three pounds to go, to reach it.

If any of you other fat fucks want to join me, to see if this diet works for you, please let me know.

The joy of this diet, is that I have been losing weight too fast, and therefore have to occasionally cheat. My doctor has warned me to not lose too quickly, as it could damage my heart. So every day, I end up eating chips (crisps to the English), and other fattening foods, including drinking alcoholic beverages (which are high in calories).

Also, the best thing of the diet, is that I am never hungry any more! Yes, I have lost 31 pounds since starting, and I have not been feeling hungry all the time.

So there may be hope out there.

Last edited by whatotherway; 08-14-2009 at 05:11 AM. Reason: needed to
Old 08-14-2009, 05:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

A fat person cannot be really comfortable. It's a self told lie. Like having a really small penis and saying that size does not matters.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

I can't find a current photo of Kelly Clarkson. Just how fat are we talking? Jessica Simpson at the fair needing to lose twenty pounds?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Not to steer completely off topic but has anyone been able to do a preorder for the new DVD & CD. It's Friday -5 GMT my way and I don't see it in the store
Old 08-14-2009, 09:02 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygurl1979 View Post
I've been overweight since i was 12yrs old (damn you cupcakes and baconcake!!!) I learned no matter how many diets and exercise routines I do, I will always be overweight. I workout and I eat normal, I don't go over board and know I'm happy no matter what I way RIght now 270lbs issues with arthritis chemo have limited my motblilty but i continue to workout. YAY me!

Last edited by Grapist; 08-14-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:11 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
Not to steer completely off topic but has anyone been able to do a preorder for the new DVD & CD. It's Friday -5 GMT my way and I don't see it in the store
Nope. I think we should wait a little bit and be patient (as difficultas it may be).