Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
Man I was reading that one with Lawrence beating him with the cane and the Teddy Roosevelt how he gave the speech after being shot in the chest. Old time presidents were straight gangsta.
Wit dem pimpin big hats and spats!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #32 (permalink)

F-Mos, I believe, made a comment about how difficult it would be to shoot a president.

I disagree.

I went to the 2005 Inauguration. It was Bush's re-election. Many of the events were difficult to get into. You had to pass through metal dectors and then all your bags were searched and you had to be patted down. That, of course, and security was roving throughout the crowd. (As well as watching from various vantage points.)

And that was all to stand quite far away from the President. (Far enough away that the giant TV screens looked tiny.)

However, some of the events were a little more lax. Like a Hillary Duff concert that the was thrown in celebration of his win. (I was with a group. It was not by choice that I went to this concert.) President Bush made an appearance at the end of the show. Security was tight...but as the concert was in a giant tent, there were numerous ways to get in where security wasn't up to snuff. For example, I left the tent, took a piss and came back in without any hassle.

Also, during the big parade, people were throwing things at Bush's car. Once he stepped out, a well-aimed rock could do the trick.

To stand on the parade route, you had to pass through security. However, there were times that you could see the parade and be standing on the outside of the route. I have a picture of the president, taken from one such place. (When I find the picture, I'll post it.) Imagine if the camera would have been the gun.

Being on the outside of parade route, I was caught up in the thousands of protestors who were having a parade of their own. Security was completely caught up with dealing with those crazies. One person. One shot. That's all it takes.

I was 17 at the time and was capable of seeing these breeches in security. Hopefully, they're planning on taking what they did then and mutiplying by 10. I happily voted for Obama and don't want anything to happen to him.

On a side note:

While trying to find an entrance to the parade route, the group I was with was slammed and pinned up against a wall by the swat team. You know, "for our protection." I also got to see people being tear-gassed, hosed and beaten by the police. (They were throwing things at the police first.)

Though I shared the protestors sense of dismay that Bush had won, I was pleased to see them get their asses handed to them. I mean, they got me pinned up against a wall and cogested the streets, turning a 10-minute walk into a 2-hour ordeal.

I think they got what they deserved.

Benjamin R.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #33 (permalink)

Here's the picture I'm talking about. This was shot between buildings, over a fence, and over a crowd of people. I didn't take the picture, but was there when it was snapped.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:06 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
"January 30, 1835: At the Capitol Building, a house painter named Richard Lawrence aimed two flintlock pistols at the President, but both misfired, one of them while Lawrence stood within 13 feet (4 m) of Jackson and the other at point-blank range.[1] Lawrence was apprehended after Jackson beat him down with a cane. Lawrence was found not guilty by reason of insanity and confined to a mental institution until his death in 1861."

How embarassing for the would-be-assassin.
I had heard it that after the guns misfired, Jackson grabbed them and beat him with his own pistols.

Also, that as he beat him down he was yelling, "They call me Old Hickory, bitch!"
Old 11-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

What a magnificent show, those two guys separate are aces but together were Awesome McGawesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzel View Post
I have to add that Keith could charge for a class on how to get the most out of strip clubs. He constantly builds on his knowledge for the rest of our own collective benefits.

Also it wouldn't make a bad title for some of his media, DVD, etc... "How To Get The Most Out Of Strip Clubs"
Fuck yeah buddy, and then all the taste test research is tax deductable.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:51 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganLeigh View Post
So I take it y'all like to see boobs.
Yes please.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:11 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganLeigh View Post
So I take it y'all like to see boobs.
I'm waiting!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:15 PM   #38 (permalink)

i'm still catching up on shows, but had to throw my 2 cents in.
Jesse said "But not many, he just got voted president." in response to F-Mos saying a lot of people are going to hate Obama cause he's black. He then goes on to say he meant more people hate bush "on a global scale". That wasn't the argument.

Yes a ton of -Americans- hated Bush because he was a retard and made a mess of our country. But there's a big difference between hating a guy cause he sucks at taking care of the country and hating a guy, who hasnt even taken the office yet, because of the color of his skin. People who hate solely on race are a special crazy kind of haters and these people will attempt to kill due to race more than some guy who's just pissed about taxes.

edit: http://news.aol.com/political-machin...476x1200812101

The last part with F-Mos and bitches who go to your hotel room was hilarious. For the record, I thought it was assumed that if i take you home with me or i go to your apt/hotel room/etc you are at least getting a blow job.

Last edited by iheartnihilism; 11-13-2008 at 08:12 PM. Reason: f-mos and a link