Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-06-2008, 04:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

841: Ladies' Troubles

"This is going to end badly."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Patrice and The Salon Chair of Doooooom...

(*apologies in advance to Patrice )

Old 11-06-2008, 06:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

I feel for ya Patrice... so many salons are clueless when it comes to styling hair with any type of curl in it. Im surprized at how retarded the salon you went to was though, as it seems that they should have experience with that. Being that I have curly hair myself, and am ever on the quest to keep it straight..I know I just 'LOVE' it when they come at me with the blowdrier, no product, and comb..while blowing my hair in an upwards fashion. (like thats not the recipe for a fro) Once i even had some girl start flat ironing my hair when it was sopping wet..saying that it would save time. Once again not turning out so great. Its terrible. You go to a salon and pay money to leave looking better than when you walked in the place..yet lots of the time you end up going straight home , having to rewash your hair and start from scratch
Old 11-06-2008, 08:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Ask and ye shall receive... Badger you outdid yourself.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl19 View Post
Ask and ye shall receive... Badger you outdid yourself.
FUUUUUUUUUUUCKK YYOOOOOUUUUU!!!

And welcome to the forums!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:32 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think we figured out a way to pay for all of Obama's social programs ... Patrice uncovered the $10.00 tax on using the "N-word."

Patrice always tells the best stories. Great show!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:16 AM   #7 (permalink)

regarding my silly letter

Nice surprise to hear my email get mentioned. Though I didn't feel my argument was fully represented. For anyone who's interested here it is in it's entirety:

Quote:
Originally Posted by my email regarding episode 839: Master Debater

Hello Keith and Chemda,

I'm 42:09 in and I had to rewind the last half-minute or so a few times just to make sure I heard right. I can't believe you honestly think all drugs should be illegal. As you know, I personally, don't really do any drugs (except for coffee, allergy medication, the occasional Advil and antibiotics when I get sick) and yet I feel that all drugs should be legal. I mean you love to drink alcohol on a regular basis, right?

I'm not a master debater by any means and maybe the points I'm about to bring up aren't as eloquent or as strong as I would like to relay them; however, it is the illegalizing of drugs that helps to perpetuate, the drug trade, this silly drug on wars that erodes or (POST EDIT FOR FORUMS: This is actually suppose to be the word "our" but silly me didn't proofread before hitting send) civil rights and liberties and makes small corporate interests rich. Just look back to the 1920's. Prior to the Prohibition Period bars were the norm. Once PP took full effect and bars were closed down, bootlegging became a booming industry and citizens went from beer to stronger forms of alcohol. Prohibition actually made us more alcoholic.

There are also scientific studies, you have read some of them on your show, that states how cigarettes is more addictive than most illegal drugs. We all see the evidence of what long-term cigarette smoking can do you to your body. And making drugs illegal hasn't stop the drug-trade from going strong today. It also is used as an excuse to illegal search people's homes, cars etc. In CA, an 83 yr old couple had their life-savings and their medicinal marijuana taken from them, because some deputies forced a confession out of one of their grandchildren to falsely claim that her grandparents was actually selling her their marijuana instead of using it themselves for the medicinal purposes that they were in fact using it for. This court case is pending (if you would like to see a link to this I'll gladly look it up and forward it to you). This was done under this "war on crime" agenda that their local sheriff and deputies were purporting on doing when in fact they're just finding weak excuses to expand their coffers.

In short, legalizing drugs destroys the drug trade and lessens drug-related crimes. It also opens the economy to a more free-market paradigm which can only help the economy. Lastly, in general, taking away rights from people only reaps negative results (just look at the abstinence-now programs, or Sarah Palin's daughter) and in general people will abuse anything for any purpose. We can't stop abusers from doing that (hell even I have a slight eating non-exercising problem). And isn't that the point of this country? To live for life and liberty? To live our life how we see fit as long as we're not harming another individual by our actions?
And as mentioned, I know I probably didn't make the strongest or most eloquent argument but these are my thoughts on the subject nonetheless. Feel free to critique, ignore or otherwise
Old 11-07-2008, 10:17 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Patrice and The Salon Chair of Doooooom...

(*apologies in advance to Patrice )

Oh man that picture is great
Old 11-07-2008, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

this is a fro

erykah badu's fro
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fro.jpg (93.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 11-07-2008, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Still looking for Bed Stuy Beauty salon fires

NY1 | 24 Hour Local News | Top Stories

NY Daily News - Online Edition - Brooklyn