Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 11-09-2008, 07:07 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Boo! America just became cool again.

No longer will Americans overseas have to pretend they're Canadian to avoid ridicule. Frabjous day!

USA! USA! USA!
Right on, Badger.

I shocked myself and my husband on election night by feeling compelled to fly an American flag.

After McCain's concession speech we left the house and started hooting and hollering as we passed our neighbors on the street...we all ended up in an impromptu parade down our mainstreet with cars honking and joining in with signs and people high-fiving, the cops showed up.... to HELP US (!!!) get down the street safely. No arrests, no violence, no bad vibes. It was a beautiful night.

I feel like an eight year nightmare has finally ended. The only problem is I'm afraid now that I will wake up and find this is all just a wonderful dream and Hillary or McCain is actually president.

But, of course, I'm Staying Positive!

Nice work BTW
Old 11-09-2008, 07:10 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Hell hath no fury...

that pic is full of win
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 11:44 AM   #33 (permalink)

I gotta call bullshit on Patrice’s allegations that Robbins got out of hand at the polls when he was told he could only cast a provisional ballot.

Patrice said there was video of him throwing a temper tantrum ‘all over the internet’ but as of today I have only seen one video showing him talking to a guy about what he had to do to submit a regular ballot at his polling place which he eventually did. He was at the correct polling location. He was not seeking drama. No video of him going wild at all.

The police were NOT called.

Robbins voted at the same polling station during the primaries just a few months ago. There is no good reason why he should not still have been registered to vote there…he had not moved or changed his name.

Just FYI Patrice, you can’t just go to another polling station and vote if your regular polling station says you aren’t registered.

If the gap had not been so high or not as many people had been able to vote early we very well could have had yet another stolen election.

Last edited by OSLIN; 11-09-2008 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 12:11 PM   #34 (permalink)

If I made it sound like the video was of him being arrested then I misspoke. The video is of him commenting on spending the whole day attempting to vote.

The quote from the original article about the cops:
"My friend is waiting to vote at the YMCA on 14th between 6th and 7th... Tim Robbins is making a scene, apparently yelling at some dude. And now the police were called and arrived about 10 minutes ago..."

Scandal: Tim Robbins Makes a Scene at Polling Place; Cops Called

Video:

Tim Robbins Couldn't Vote -- Cops Called - TMZ.com

From another article on his day voting:
“Is this some kind of intimidation? I’m taking this as intimidation.” He added that he was prepared to be arrested, if necessary.

It did not get to that. Mr. Robbins was offered the chance to fill out an affidavit ballot. He filled it out, but did not submit it, and instead insisting on speaking to an official from the city’s Board of Elections, who informed him that he could go to the board’s Manhattan office, at 200 Varick Street, near West Houston Street. There, board officials verified that Mr. Robbins was indeed a properly registered voter, in the board’s database.

Twitters

"Be gone, back to the cave from which you came." -Abs

"No, you can't go. He's a pederast."- Nick Postagulous
Old 11-09-2008, 12:36 PM   #35 (permalink)

Patrice as Charlie McGee in Firestarter 2 - "burn in hair, bitches!"

Old 11-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
If I made it sound like the video was of him being arrested then I misspoke. The video is of him commenting on spending the whole day attempting to vote.

The quote from the original article about the cops:
"My friend is waiting to vote at the YMCA on 14th between 6th and 7th... Tim Robbins is making a scene, apparently yelling at some dude. And now the police were called and arrived about 10 minutes ago..."

Scandal: Tim Robbins Makes a Scene at Polling Place; Cops Called

Video:

Tim Robbins Couldn't Vote -- Cops Called - TMZ.com

From another article on his day voting:
“Is this some kind of intimidation? I’m taking this as intimidation.” He added that he was prepared to be arrested, if necessary.

It did not get to that. Mr. Robbins was offered the chance to fill out an affidavit ballot. He filled it out, but did not submit it, and instead insisting on speaking to an official from the city’s Board of Elections, who informed him that he could go to the board’s Manhattan office, at 200 Varick Street, near West Houston Street. There, board officials verified that Mr. Robbins was indeed a properly registered voter, in the board’s database.

You said the video was of him 'throwing a temper tantrum 'cause they're trying to deny him his civil right of voting."

You also said:
"He's registered to vote but not at the polling place he went to."

Near as I can tell this is not true. He was voting where he had in the primary and had not moved or changed his name. He was at the right spot and couldn't just go to another polling place.

You also made it sound like he was some kind of prima donna trying to create drama over the whole thing and that going downtown to straighten it out was no big deal. Really? No big deal? I have to agree with him. The majority of people can't spend the whole day running around town trying to correct errors and get back in line and cast their vote. Most people work on Tuesdays. I think his point was valid; he has the time and money to ensure his vote was counted. The system needs to work better for the majority of people.

Provisional ballots are not always counted if the person is registered to vote. (It happened in Prince George's county in the primaries.) I don't know if it would have affected him or not in NYC, but I don't blame him for not wanting to chance it.

I'll give you that cops were called. Looks like I misread the article.

Last edited by OSLIN; 11-09-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:05 PM   #37 (permalink)

this show just made it to the my list of favorites, patrice is awesome
Old 11-10-2008, 12:00 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
The majority of people can't spend the whole day running around town trying to correct errors and get back in line and cast their vote. Most people work on Tuesdays. I think his point was valid; he has the time and money to ensure his vote was counted. The system needs to work better for the majority of people.

Provisional ballots are not always counted if the person is registered to vote. (It happened in Prince George's county in the primaries.) I don't know if it would have affected him or not in NYC, but I don't blame him for not wanting to chance it.
The majority of forum members have jobs that require I not be of the forums all day, so you'll happily forgive me when I don't reply to your response to this. Right? Right!

The system does work fine for the MAJORITY of people. It worked just fine for me.

I checked the day before to make sure that my name and my address was properly registered at the polling location that it should be (more than one precient votes at my location). It was super easy. I'd moved in the last six months, so I took the time to make sure everything was correct both with a person and on the website provided by my town when I asked a week in advance.

I took the time, because I fucking care. Not just care, fucking care...you totes read that right.

Had I not cared as much and arrived at my polling location to find out that I wasn't properly registered, I wouldn't have flipped shit on the poll workers. I would have been more upset with myself for NOT taking the time.

I'm a rational person, and had I been provided with a provisional paper ballott that would only be counted in the event of a tie, I would have been okay with that...because if that happened I wouldn't have been a person who gave enough fucks.

I'm smart enough (AND annoying enough) to make sure that my voice is heard. Fuck you (not the actual you, just the general "you") if you can't handle that.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:22 AM   #39 (permalink)

I LOVE THURSDAYS cos patrice is on

and OMG salons and their IGNORANCE on hair. well, some anyway.

'ladies' troubles' indeed
Old 11-10-2008, 04:44 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty2times View Post
As a proud Alaskan, I gotta call you guys out on the Palin bashin'.

Now I know it's funny (and it's a comedy show), and she's an easy target right now, but that Lady was a bomb Governor, there was a reason she was the Most Popular Governor In The Country, and it wasn't just our high rate of Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.

She whipped Exxon's ass, when the Fed's just bend over and spread farther for them. She cleaned out most of the corruption in state Government, and did it with a Bipartisan Coalition. These guys actually called themselves the Corrupt Bastards Club, had hats made up and everything. She's going to get our natural gas pipeline built, which will drop your gas prices, when the old white guy Republicans couldn't do it. In short, she was the shit for us, and we will happily take her back.

That being said, she did look like an idiot on TV, and I can't blame people in the lower 48 from swallowing what the (ratings paid) media wants them to think. The crap that spineless, hiding behind anonymous, trying to make sure they get a job next election, aides are putting out is just retarded. Doesn't know Africa is a continent? Give me a fucking break. We do have TV up here, and even this hick from the sticks can read.

FYI I voted for Obama, 'cause I was voting for President, not VP, and besides the Republicans are just pissing me the fuck off right now.

Sorry to get all political and shit, I love the show, I love Patrice! The town I grew up in, a vast metropolis of 300 people, had all of one black person, she educates me every time she is on. Who knew hair was such high drama?
Oh, okay, since she's good for Alaska, she's good for the country? No, wait, she's an idiot, and evidently idiots succeed in important positions in Alaska. That's nice.

Anyway, the amount of times Patrice said "preceded to" made me want to stab myself in the eyes. Fucking awesome story, but the same phrase repeated that many times had me twitching.