Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-26-2008, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)

oh my gosh it just hit me that in family guy season 4 dvd deleted scenes, theres a news segment where tom tucker says: "coming up, pictures of fat people shopping from the waist down, is one of them you?"

teehee

Last edited by EllaMacFarlane; 11-26-2008 at 12:03 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Totally on Newsy's side.

You can't slap someone in the face to show them that hitting people is wrong. This whole thing could have been avoided with just strongly grabbing him by the arm, stare him in the eyes and say "Fucking stop". Thats it. No scene. No drama. Things would be a little awkward for a sec, but they would definitely not get to this level.

But then again I haven't read the "Slap Some Faggots" chapter of the Lay Guide.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

Wow the whole slapping punching thing has just gone too far. As Keith said, some people you can fuck with in that way, some you can't. If you do not know how the person will react, then just restrain yourself. If it absolutely necessary for you to go around punching people, then get into a ring.
However, if Newsy was hitting the intern because he liked him, then what started out as punching and slapping may turn into cuddling and cooing.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

This is bull. How come NO ONE is holding the intern accountable for his actions. All the talk is about Newsy. Mike is just in control of his actions as Newsy so he should get just as much shit. I understand it was a reaction, but could he NOT have reacted in a more reasonable way? or is there some kind of code that a slap is the automatic response to a guy friend being to rough with you?

I guess if you're wittle feelings are hurt when a guy friend is punching you, you have fucking carte blanche to do whatever you want to the guy. Slapping, hate speech, whatever. Next time a guy friend hits me I guess I'll nail his wife and burn his fucking house down and of course wait for an apology.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
This is bull. How come NO ONE is holding the intern accountable for his actions. All the talk is about Newsy. Mike is just in control of his actions as Newsy so he should get just as much shit. I understand it was a reaction, but could he NOT have reacted in a more reasonable way? or is there some kind of code that a slap is the automatic response to a guy friend being to rough with you?

I guess if you're wittle feelings are hurt when a guy friend is punching you, you have fucking carte blanche to do whatever you want to the guy. Slapping, hate speech, whatever. Next time a guy friend hits me I guess I'll nail his wife and burn his fucking house down and of course wait for an apology.
haha <3
Old 11-26-2008, 12:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post
Oh please, intern Mike, bla bla
Drama Princess. bla bla "Mike is wrong" bla bla
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaymztheKing View Post
This is bull. How come NO ONE is holding the intern accountable for his actions. All the talk is about Newsy.
You are not a fan of reading large bodies of text right?

And just to be clear I agree with Sexy Potatoe
Old 11-26-2008, 12:29 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm pretty sure no one wants my endorsement, but I'm on Newsy's side.

That being said, I had a friend from high school and college who I was fairly close to, we had the same world view and she was fun. But she couldn't fucking take no for an answer. She's gay and I'm not, but she would always hang on me, and be altogether too touchy. People assumed that we were dating, and I didn't have a problem with them assuming I was gay, I had a problem with her constant touching, and every time I would tell her to back off, she would for a few minutes and be right back on my shit. But my solution to that problem wasn't slapping her and calling her a dyke, I just stopped hanging out with her.

It sounds like Newsy wasn't even doing that, it sounds like he was making a few cock jokes on text and IM and being a regular guy hanging out.

I've also been in the situation as the person who doesn't know what to do, wants to be chill with a dude and gets too punchy. I just had to be told firmly to stop it, and I felt bad enough because it was really just nervous, and awkward and being told I'd done the wrong thing put me in my place. If, at that time I had gotten slapped in the face by the person I had hit-in front of all our mutual friends-that would have eviscerated me.

Slapping a person is such a bitch move. It's emasculating and humiliating.

Hearing Spooky say that he thinks the guys need better communication was hilarious, but true. I think the whole thing could have been avoided with better communication.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:57 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Slapping a person is such a bitch move. It's emasculating and humiliating.
I agree - a guy face-slapping another guy is totally designed to emasculate. This seems to be especially true when teamed with the "I slapped a gay" comment. It would have been far more acceptable if Mike had punched Newsy. I may even have been on Mike's side then. As it stands though, Mike is a bitch.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Newsy/MTI

Just thought I'd weigh in on the issue.

I see both sides, as do many on this thread. I can only add one thing and that is: both parties should just let it go. Things were said and done that can't be taken back. But, none of them were too big to hold a grudge over the other. Let the issue go and get on with things. If I recall, both of you have affiliations (and are friends with) the greatest podcast on earth (KATG). Most likely, you will both have contact with each other in the future as friends of KATG. Time to put aside the past and get on with things. These incidents shouldn't be the cause of petty grudges on either side. You both can co-exist within the context of the podcast, but if it turns out you won't be friends, so be it. Be men about it and shake hands (and if you feel compelled, apologize to the other). Life is too short to hold grudges. I can say with pretty high certainty that you will both regret it later in life if this goes farther than it already has. Let bygones be bygones.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:30 PM   #20 (permalink)

I don't think it will shock anyone that I'm on the Newsy-Spooky side of the punching discussion. I will say that I don't think I've "first punched" anyone in fun since high school, that's a size thing for me.

The comment "the gay" also seems to indicate to me that maybe it wasn't just the punching that Mike had a problem with. I'm guessing that being the Intern in a room full of older, more experienced people was somewhat disconcerting to begin with, however, so I might give him the benefit of the doubt on that one.