Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Like Tree1Likes

Old 11-26-2008, 01:48 PM   #21 (permalink)

KEITH SAID IRREGARDLESS AT 6:50!!!!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
KEITH SAID IRREGARDLESS AT 6:50!!!!!
I died a little inside.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Did I literally say that?
Old 11-26-2008, 02:15 PM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Did I literally say that?
And I LITERALLY died. Inside.
Old 11-26-2008, 02:18 PM   #25 (permalink)

KATG Live 7 PM EST w/ Crazy Michael Mattera ...

potentially a hat trick of punching
Old 11-26-2008, 08:10 PM   #26 (permalink)

Yeah, the slap was a bit much, and the gay part was kind-of uncalled for. It does sound like Mike felt uncomfortable with Newsy's sexuality, which related to the punching (which is a touch, albiet a forceful kind) and Mike saw more into it then he thought and went completely overboard.

Now that I'm done playing armchair psychologist, I do think it should be dropped--despite the ill feelings towards themselves, you guys are in a circle of friends, which could just make things worse if it goes on for long enough. But that's just me--I've just joined here and I'm probably the last person who should talk about that level.
Old 11-27-2008, 12:27 AM   #27 (permalink)

Public humiliation probably does hurt worse than a punch but Newsy should have thought of that before offering an unprovoked and pointless physical assault done under the guise of 'just playing around'

But I've always been annoyed by Newsy for some reason.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The bottom line, even though I'm a fan of Spooky, is that if you only punch guys you see as weaker than you then you have a chickenshit streak yourself. Because Spook admits that it's bullying I have hope that he'll grow his socially stunted ass out of it but once you're past your early twenties, at the latest, you should be done with that kind of juvenile shit. Men who are comfortable in their own skin don't bully anyone.

But Mike shouldn't have slapped Newsy after he'd already told Newsy off, not unless Newsy hit him again. You don't get to talk first and then also hit back without further physical provocation. You either talk and leave it, or you hit immediately and let what happens happen. Newsy had thought he'd get the same reaction as the first time he'd hit Mike, out on the street, when Mike had hit him back. So Newsy probably already felt a little humiliated and taken aback when Mike had laid down the law to him and that's why Newsy was playing ignorant, because he was caught off guard.

I get that Mike still felt threatened and that Newsy was continuing to bully him verbally by feigning ignorance but that's when you walk away to show you don't respect his reaction to what you've told him. After you've told him not to hit you again you only hit Newsy again if Newsy hits you again.

Last edited by Bucho; 11-27-2008 at 02:45 AM.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:41 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czarveillance View Post
Public humiliation probably does hurt worse than a punch but Newsy should have thought of that before offering an unprovoked and pointless physical assault done under the guise of 'just playing around'

But I've always been annoyed by Newsy for some reason.

I just noticed your location and, given the nature of these forums, feel compelled to mention that I ate your cherries last night.
Czarveillance likes this.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #30 (permalink)

Though I am still fairly new to these forums and I may get my head handed to me for participating, I thought I'd throw in my own "armchair analysis" after thinking for a bit.

Newsy: Wrong for seeing hitting as a way to "chum around."

Intern Mike: Wrong for seeing slapping as appropriate.

Beyond that, if Intern Mike would have said "I didn't hit you, I hit a nigger" would that have been okay? And yes, it is basically the same thing. Seems as though a little hate starting shining through. Especially since Intern Mike said that he didn't see it as wrong and did feel quite fine with saying it.

Some would think that I would have a great deal more to wince about when it comes to this show being British and a brown lesbian, but this show is one of the few I have ever physically winced at whilst listening.