Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-09-2008, 11:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

861: His Image

"Never been more offended..."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 04:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

I can imagine Jesse as Jesus.

But Jessie hasn't been nailed (or hammered) for a while now.
Old 12-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

YAY! Keith saved me!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Tom Cruise Crazy by Jonathan Coulton (guy who wrote the Portal ending song -- he is awesome):
Old 12-10-2008, 10:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Just on the Christmas tree, for those who haven't caught on that isn't originally from Christian tradition. It's Druid.

Plus Mistletoe was originally from the Romans which was symbolic of fertility. They used to hang it above their orgies.... So this is where the tradition of kissing under the Mistletoe comes from.

*The more you know star*
Old 12-10-2008, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Been marathoning the last few shows because I fell behind. Keith's hate for the Pink Panther has come out in the last 3 shows. Was it on TV recently or something?
Old 12-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Ok Keith and Chemda, and anyone else who is over 20, let me explain the Hills:

There was a show on MTV called Laguna Beach. It was a "reality show" about the popular kids at an Orange County high school (though they never showed them in school kinda like gossip girl). They would go to prom and gossip about each other and it was all fine and dandy. The first season mainly focused around a girl named Lauren Conrad and her best friend Stephen, who sometimes dated her and sometimes dated this junior named Kristen Cavallari. It was supposed to be all reality, but like all reality shows, the scenarios were planned, and the kids were given general topics of conversation to bring up, but it wasn't word for word scripted. The seniors, including Lauren Conrad and Stephen, graduated and all left for college.

Second season followed Kristen and her friends through their senior year. Same general gist, except they brought back Lauren, who said she hated college and Stephen, who was dating Kristen, so they were all conveniently on the show again.

Then, Lauren got her own spinoff show called The Hills. The basic plot is that she moved to LA to go to fashion school and become a stylist. She moved in with Heidi, a girl she "met at her old college" who also wanted to go to fashion school. They live in this great apartment that is supposed to be paid for by their parents but I'm sure is paid for by the show.
Heidi drops out of school pretty quickly and begins seeing a bunch of guys and then Spencer (the douchebag with the albino moustache). She becomes so in love with him that they're going to move in together and Lauren gets pissed since they haven't been dating that long and they fight for like 2 seasons. A girl who lives in their apartment building (who is actually an actress who answered a casting call) Audrina moves in with Lauren.

Thats about as far as I got. But the show is totally fake. Lauren doesn't go to fashion school, there are tons of reports that she'll show up for 1 day a month to shoot a few scenes and never shows again. Also, Heidi and Audrina supposedly have jobs in nice record companies and PR companies, but again only show up sporadically to film the show.
I don't know what to think about Heidi and Spencer being a real couple. I think they might have a Girls Next Door thing going, where they're together for the public but aren't really together in real life. They "eloped" but conveniently brought along the entire MTV camera crew? And didn't get a marriage license. Interesting...

Lots of the actors on the show have reported to the whole thing being fake. My favorite was a guy who went on a "date" with Lauren and said she was an airhead and they fed her what to say and who to talk about.

There are also tons of inconsistencies with the show. A girl will have bright red nail polish on and then next minute its gone. Or hair will move from being pulled up to pulled down. Or they'll merge scenes together to look like they're the same day, but they're wearing different outfits.

So basically, the Hills is fake with a bunch of paid actors who are put in fake situations and given a topic, but their dialogue is all them.

Hope that helps!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

Oh and on a completely non-Hills related note:

I think David Letterman's ratings are gonna soar once Leno moved to 10. I feel they have the same audience, so instead of picking one, people can watch both. Plus, the younger viewers are all gonna watch Conan, and the older ones will watch Letterman.
Old 12-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #9 (permalink)

keet's talk about god making mistakes too reminded me of this family guy rosie o'donnell clip, i cant find it tho :\

"god, you cant put boobs on that man!"
"ill do whatever i want"
sumtin like that. its funnier when you see it o_o
Old 12-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaMacFarlane View Post
its funnier when you see it o_o
No, it really isn't.