Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-11-2008, 12:17 PM   #21 (permalink)

I went to a taping of the Tonight Show about 15 years ago and Leno came out for the warm up (I was surprised he did it himself) and he was shit-your-pants hilarious. He was so quick and and funny that I could not believe that he was the same person that hosted such a craptastic show. At the end of the warm up he said "enjoy the show and please laugh during the monologue". The following hour was excruciating.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #22 (permalink)

Keith, more than once you have yelled 'just leeeeave' at people who live in countries that you don't like. Have you ever tried emigrating somewhere? You can't just leave and move somewhere better at a whim. Most countries have very strict immigration control, and they particularly don't want Arabs or other darkies coming to their country.

If you are wealthy or well educated or have some useful skill that a country wants, then *maybe* they'll let you move there otherwise you're fucked - stuck in whatever godforsaken country you were born in.

I've thought about moving to the States or to the UK and it is not easy. I've been told the best legal way of getting to the States is through your annual Greencard lottery.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #23 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Then move illegally. These countries are so godawful that I truly believe you are a parent of the worst kind when you don't do whatever it takes to not raise a family there.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:16 AM   #24 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces1984 View Post
you totally should write out transcripts for every show. personally, i would rather read it and imagine the voices in my head rather than actually listen to it.
Or you could just come right out and say you want to lick my balls. We're all adults here except Bruno G.
Old 12-12-2008, 11:29 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Then move illegally. These countries are so godawful that I truly believe you are a parent of the worst kind when you don't do whatever it takes to not raise a family there.
Then you are just an illegal immigrant, destined to clean up other people's crap for the rest of your miserable life. That doesn't sound any better than staying home.

Face it Keith, these people are fucked either way, there is no way out for them.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:20 AM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Then give up? And have kids that have no choice but to give up too?
Old 12-13-2008, 04:30 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Then give up? And have kids that have no choice but to give up too?
I guess so. My kid has already given up. He moved to the country, got hitched, and had a kid.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Then you are just an illegal immigrant, destined to clean up other people's crap for the rest of your miserable life. That doesn't sound any better than staying home.

Face it Keith, these people are fucked either way, there is no way out for them.
But there is a lot to be said for people who know their lives are going to be a hard slog and still move so that their children can do better than they did. Indentured servitude was hardly a peachy proposition back in the colonial era, but it worked. Maybe it's time to revive the concept.
Old 12-13-2008, 03:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:

People don't necessarily have to move to America. They could educate themselves and move to a more immigrant friendly country, like New Zealand. You may prefer America, but for people in abject poverty, indentured servitude anywhere in the first world is preferable to a shitty horrible life in the third. Your children are fine, well preserved individuals, they have the same chances at heath and happiness that you have, and you've done very well for yourself.

Keith may think that any other country but America is shit, but for a person who sees no future for themselves in their country, any first world country is better.
Old 12-13-2008, 04:29 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:

Better than dying prematurely.