Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 12-18-2008, 12:59 PM   #21 (permalink)

this show proves the biggest problem with the internet.....

Now those Natzi assholes have a place to gather and meet. That just does not sound like a person you meet at a bar.

"so just to start off, I don't believe in the holocaust and I want to name my son Hitler"......

"ohhh wow, I was scared I would have so say something first, this is perfect"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 03:04 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drtygrrl View Post
My personal beliefs on the child molesters is that they don't get near enough punishment for what they do. Sometimes they aren't even charged at all because there is no physical evidence to put them away. Other times they get probation. In my master's program we've learned alot about child molesters and how adult molesters have a high recidivism rate and treatment isn't that successful but if you have a child/teen that is molesting children they have a better success rate with treatment.
Are you saying you think that there should be jail time even if there is no evidence or that there should be greater punishment for those convicted?

Personally I think convicted molesters should be castrated and then set free. Severe punishment with no chance of repeating the crime afterward.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
Are you saying you think that there should be jail time even if there is no evidence or that there should be greater punishment for those convicted?

Personally I think convicted molesters should be castrated and then set free. Severe punishment with no chance of repeating the crime afterward.
And then they should all have their names changed to Adolf as part of the standard punishment. That way, anytime you meet someone named Adolf, you'll know.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #24 (permalink)

I immediately turned this episode off after Chris said that stupid shit about kid touchers. He had similarly retarded opinions last time he was on, I'm not about to go through his idiocy again.

Jail time is not solely a deterrent, and changing the length of time or adjusting other punishments is also not solely functioning as a deterrent.

Criminals being forced to announce that they committed a crime and criminals being kept on a permanent list of criminals are not things that anyone can find objectionable.

I would also say that people convicted for murder would likely have a higher rate of rehabilitation than child molesters. Murders are committed in fits of rage, moments of irrationality or poor judgment, and vengeful moods. No one flies off the handle and touches a kid. Child molesting is always planned out and persistent, while murders could be the result of a largely normal person pushed to a breaking point. If Chris is going to say that child molesters are unfairly labeled and additional punishments are excessive, but not apply that same argument to murderers, he's full of shit. If he does apply that same argument to murderers, he's a scary dude that shouldn't be let anywhere near our justice system.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
I immediately turned this episode off after Chris said that stupid shit about kid touchers. He had similarly retarded opinions last time he was on, I'm not about to go through his idiocy again.

Jail time is not solely a deterrent, and changing the length of time or adjusting other punishments is also not solely functioning as a deterrent.

Criminals being forced to announce that they committed a crime and criminals being kept on a permanent list of criminals are not things that anyone can find objectionable.

I would also say that people convicted for murder would likely have a higher rate of rehabilitation than child molesters. Murders are committed in fits of rage, moments of irrationality or poor judgment, and vengeful moods. No one flies off the handle and touches a kid. Child molesting is always planned out and persistent, while murders could be the result of a largely normal person pushed to a breaking point. If Chris is going to say that child molesters are unfairly labeled and additional punishments are excessive, but not apply that same argument to murderers, he's full of shit. If he does apply that same argument to murderers, he's a scary dude that shouldn't be let anywhere near our justice system.
See, I thought I was having antagonistic feelings toward Chris because of his views on politics and justice, but it turns out that it's probably mostly because he was a quarterback and I was a defensive lineman.

Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk'n View Post
I used to RUN all the way home from the bus stop b/c my mom told me that child molesters in blue vans would snatch me. I was terrified of all vans for like 3 years.
My mom was like that after the NY Son of Sam shit that went down i the 70's ( i was 10 at the time) " lock your car doors so you dont get shot" She also would say shit like close the blinds so no one will shoot us, lock the front doors so noone with a big knife will come in, never ride your bike on the big streets or you will get run over, never share a drink or you'll get poisoned, etc etc" Its no wonder most of her kids live within 5 miles of her, and why im afraid of strangers. lol (ok not "afraid" but I can't see any good that'll come from talking to someone new)

wow I should go back to therapy lol

Old 12-18-2008, 10:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
Is a symbol that has been used for 3000 years and until the Nazis started using it, typically had a positive meaning..
yes it means PEACE india used it alot in their diety imagry, BUT since the while thing is tainted with the 6 million jews dying under it, It would be fucking stupid to use it again,
and the same goes for the "Hitler mustache" it's a perfectly ok style of a mustache. I wonder why we dont see more new-nazis with hitler mustaches? they can just claim all innocent and go "what it's just a mustache"

Old 12-20-2008, 12:54 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryMann View Post
yes it means PEACE india used it alot in their diety imagry, BUT since the while thing is tainted with the 6 million jews dying under it
There are swastikas in the tilework in our cathedral. For a while there were debates about whether or not they should be removed, but instead they have a notice beside them explaining their historical origin.

I agree that the swastika is only really recognised as a nazi symbol nowadays, but I guess it is also important to understand that they have longer historical significance.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:51 AM   #29 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodad View Post

According to Wikipedia:
Quote:
"Voluntary" chemical or surgical castration has been in practice in many countries—reports are available from American, Scandinavian, and European countries, in particular, for the past eighty-plus years (chemical for the last thirty or so years)—as an option for treatment for people who have broken laws of a sexual nature, allowing them to return to the community from otherwise lengthy detentions[citation needed]. The effectiveness and ethics of this treatment are heavily debated.
A temporary chemical castration has been studied and developed as a preventive measure and punishment for several repeated sex crimes, such as rape or other sexually related violence.[6][7]
Physical castration appears to be highly effective as, historically, it results in a 20-year re-offense rate of less than 2.3% vs. 80% in the untreated control group, according to a large 1963 study involving a total of 1036 sex offenders by the German researcher A. Langelüddeke, among others,[8] much lower than what was otherwise expected compared to overall sex offender recidivism rates.
As sad as it is there is plenty of ways for them to molest kids after castration but the lack in testosterone seems to help.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

Some people say child molesters should see death row. I think death is too good for them. A life of torture would be better.

About funny names, I knew a girl named September-Lee in elementary school.