Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow View Post
I get a headache when you try to speak politics on the show.
Eight months with no posts, and this is the show that brings him back?

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:09 AM   #62 (permalink)

It really is absurd to base modern land ownership on property lines of 2,000 years ago.

Where the fuck does that leave people like me, who have a varied background and no extreme religious views? Are you going to give me your house, DaveNJ? Because a homeland is essential for atheists from a line of immigrants who were reasonable enough to become assimilated into the country they moved to rather than try to forge it into something new. In fact, such a cause would be even more worthy than the Jewish one, because my people have NEVER had a homeland.

And if we're really going to consider giving a religious group land purely because their people were on it a long time ago, don't we have to ask why they had it in the first place? Even the Bible portrays the Jews as as warlike and bloodthirsty as every other peoples surrounding biblical Israel (like in Numbers, for example, when Moses commands Israelites to "kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." That's a quote from the motherfucking Bible). So by what right do the Jews own that land? If we do not believe their religion to be true, it is as likely as not that they gained the land by bloodshed, and that gives them no right to anything. If we are to believe their religion is true, we are now giving land to a religious group solely because they claim it was God's will. That would never hold up in our own courts of law for even the most trivial of matters, so why the hell does it work for an entire country? Any modern civilization that distributes land based on the will of a deity is a sham and a disgrace, and every other civilization would have a moral obligation to violently resist such nonsense.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:33 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
And if we're really going to consider giving a religious group land purely because their people were on it a long time ago, don't we have to ask why they had it in the first place? Even the Bible portrays the Jews as as warlike and bloodthirsty as every other peoples surrounding biblical Israel (like in Numbers, for example, when Moses commands Israelites to "kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known man by lying with him. But all the women children, that have not known a man by lying with him, keep alive for yourselves." That's a quote from the motherfucking Bible). So by what right do the Jews own that land?
First we'd have to establish the authenticity of the record. Frankly you end up with multiple semi-nomadic tribes all over the place. But still, try tying those people from 1000 BC to any group of people today. I mean genetically. You can't do it. There is no unbroken lineage of Jewish heritage that has been proven. The religion is still here, but religion and ethnicity are two separate things. My ancestors were Quakers, but that doesn't mean I can go claim my gggggggreat grandfather's original land in northern Delaware. (and there's that pesky native American thing again)

Oh, and it's the same for Palestinians - most couldn't establish lineage directly back to 1000BC or so although they'd be closer than modern Jews. Jus' sayin'
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #64 (permalink)

Hell, speaking of ethnicity, I work with a woman who insists that the biblical Jews were African. Does she, as a person of African descent, have the right to lay claim to an Israeli's house?
Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Hell, speaking of ethnicity, I work with a woman who insists that the biblical Jews were African. Does she, as a person of African descent, have the right to lay claim to an Israeli's house?
Only on Tuesdays.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:19 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianDavid View Post
Hey Bithead, I wanted to take the time to say thanks for the very nice comment, to let you know that you win the best "reply to thread" for this here thread award in my book and also to be the lame-o that posts 4 replies to the same thread in a row! Yes, I'm still up and geeking out to this blog. Rock on with your bad self and good night.
Hey, whattya know?!? I won the "best reply to thread" award!

Thanks DD - I recognize talent when I hear it - best of luck with your upcoming performances.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:34 PM   #67 (permalink)

I scraped all the politcal stuff and reposted it in talk shite under Israeli Palestinian Conflict Thread hoping that this will be an ongoing discussion with more commentary by the general community
Old 01-08-2009, 05:02 PM   #68 (permalink)

KATG the Musical

I think it would be cool if KATG put together a compilation album of the artist that are involved with the show.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #69 (permalink)

In other news,

What was the BroLo song that 4" Stud played?

I liked that one more then the others, but to each his own.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:43 PM   #70 (permalink)

I liked what was said about Christmas, and how it should be for children instead of adults buying for each other. I would love to do secret santa and get one good gift instead of crappy gifts, but like Keith said there are some people you would hate to get one gift from. It sounds greedy, but I imgaine I wouldn't enjoy seeing my uneducated drug abusing cousin getting a digital camera that he is going pawn off for ciggerates while I recieve expired candy in a tin from the dollar tree from my fruggle uncle.