Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   871: 4"Stud (http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/871-4-stud-12161/)

Keith 01-05-2009 09:41 AM

871: 4"Stud
 
"I'm gonna drive around the corner and get a blow job."


www.4inchStud.com

WikkidKarma 01-05-2009 11:23 AM

Sweet. Back from vacay. Hope you guys enjoyed it!

Kupotek 01-05-2009 01:26 PM

Love the band, didn't really like the song they played on KATG though,
but I could tell I know I'd love other stuff by them. Looking forward
to hearing more.

EllaMacFarlane 01-05-2009 01:58 PM

first off, i want the person who called in to show me the youtube video which our army put up, bragging about how we bombed the gaza strip.

secondly, us reacting to the rockets now as opposed to earlier or later is simply because the israeli public has had enough and demanded the government to take action. the gov't has been stalling because 1) we only have america behind us and 2) we are aware that gaza is filled with civilians who shouldnt be punished for hamas' actions. it has nothing to do with obama entering office.

even tho hamas has been bombing israel for years, and we have been bombing them for days, the world public opinion is very hostile, as usual, towards israel. theyre mad that we killed more.

it all comes down to the fact that israel's security system is far superior to the palestinians', whenever a bomb is shot from the palestinian territories the alarm rings in the city it will land on. unfortunately, all the humanitarian aid from the un, red cross and other arab nations given to the palestinian gov't, which is hamas, was spent on more missiles.

of course we can wipe out gaza, but that would be inhumane and unfair.

Mundane Soul 01-05-2009 03:28 PM

You guys should never go away for that long again.

I guess it gave me a chance to catch up on some old shows, at least.

How long do you guys think it will be until Israel brings out the Transformers?

Gonzo? 01-05-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllaMacFarlane (Post 498678)
secondly, us reacting to the rockets now as opposed to earlier or later is simply because the israeli public has had enough and demanded the government to take action. the gov't has been stalling because 1) we only have america behind us and 2) we are aware that gaza is filled with civilians who shouldnt be punished for hamas' actions. it has nothing to do with obama entering office.

I have not heard the show yet so I can't comment on the alleged videos of Israeli.

However Israels offensive into gaza is not purly as a result of the 'fed up' Israeli public grumblings, it coincides with the lapse of a truce between the Israeli gov and hamas (which is the reason for the 'stalling') and falls at a time of relative political vacuum in the US before the pro-truce President Elect takes office.

DarkKnightJared 01-05-2009 05:41 PM

The movie you guys were referring to with Kurt Russel during the L.A. Riots was Deep Blue, and you mostly got the plot right--mostly about a racist, corrupt cop, played by Russel, who basically goes through hell while the Rodney King trial is going on, and the climax happens during the riots. Not a bad movie, from what I remember.

As for the whole Israel/Gaza thing...it's just a mess. From what I've read, really, neither side is fully innocent. I'll go with Ella calling bullshit on the videos, because I would think it would have been made more of a big deal by now. As for the second part...on one hand I can see where this, after a long series of shit, could be the straw that broke the camels back. But, I can also understand why some people would find it suspect that the Israeli govt. has decided now to start attacking back as heavily as they are.

DaveNJ 01-05-2009 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo? (Post 498730)
I have not heard the show yet so I can't comment on the alleged videos of Israeli.

However Israels offensive into gaza is not purly as a result of the 'fed up' Israeli public grumblings, it coincides with the lapse of a truce between the Israeli gov and hamas (which is the reason for the 'stalling') and falls at a time of relative political vacuum in the US before the pro-truce President Elect takes office.

The lapse in the truce is the issue, but the timing for that has nothing to do with the US presidency and everything to do with Hamas.

The truce was started about 6.5 months ago, and it was a 6 month truce.

Israel tried to renew the truce. Hamas said no and ramped up rocket fire (which had never actually stopped during the truce).

Hamas Intern-Miked Israel. Israel, after all the shit they put up with during the truce, still tried to extend it, even knowing the rocket fire wouldn't stop.

Hamas said, "No thanks, we'd rather look tough, and we don't think you've got the balls to invade Gaza."

They fucked up, and now Gaza's paying the price for electing a shitty government that wants to be terrorists and politicians at the same time.

The end of Bush's term is coincidental. The truce was due for renewal near the end of his term, but it came down to Hamas not renewing it, not Israel trying to get a last punch in.

Michaelicious 01-05-2009 06:41 PM

Isnít that an old story about the guy that went to the whore house and saw his wife? Iím pretty sure you guys covered that story, and Keith made the same piŮa colada reference then that he did now. Or am I just going insane.

EllaMacFarlane 01-05-2009 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo? (Post 498730)
I have not heard the show yet so I can't comment on the alleged videos of Israeli.
However Israels offensive into gaza is not purly as a result of the 'fed up' Israeli public grumblings, it coincides with the lapse of a truce between the Israeli gov and hamas (which is the reason for the 'stalling') and falls at a time of relative political vacuum in the US before the pro-truce President Elect takes office.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 498799)
The lapse in the truce is the issue, but the timing for that has nothing to do with the US presidency and everything to do with Hamas.
The truce was started about 6.5 months ago, and it was a 6 month truce.
Israel tried to renew the truce. Hamas said no and ramped up rocket fire (which had never actually stopped during the truce).
Hamas Intern-Miked Israel. Israel, after all the shit they put up with during the truce, still tried to extend it, even knowing the rocket fire wouldn't stop.
Hamas said, "No thanks, we'd rather look tough, and we don't think you've got the balls to invade Gaza."
They fucked up, and now Gaza's paying the price for electing a shitty government that wants to be terrorists and politicians at the same time.
The end of Bush's term is coincidental. The truce was due for renewal near the end of his term, but it came down to Hamas not renewing it, not Israel trying to get a last punch in.

i agree, i totally forgot to mention that the lapse in truce pushed the israeli people to demand action from our government's side.

DaveNJ 01-05-2009 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michaelicious (Post 498801)
Isnít that an old story about the guy that went to the whore house and saw his wife? Iím pretty sure you guys covered that story, and Keith made the same piŮa colada reference then that he did now. Or am I just going insane.

Patrice did. I think it was around this time last year. The news article showed up on Digg again. I saw it, but remembered it wasn't recent.

SuperCujo 01-05-2009 08:39 PM

Gaza
 
Nevermind that an election is due soon in Israel and the war mongering parties have got a major boost in the polls from invading Gaza.

I understand that Israel got sick of rockets coming over the barbed wire (a total of 4 dead in the last few years) but Israel didn't help the situatiuon by placing a blockade on Gaza (which is in violation of the Geneva Convention).

What are a people going to do when they are trapped inside barbed wire for the entirety of their lives struggling to survive? Nevermind that Israel is treating the residents of Gaza exactly the same way the Nazis treating the Jews in overrun countries in WWII. The ghettoisation of the Jews was an entirely intentional attempt to disenfranchise the population and it worked. The Jews were locked up surrounded by barbed wire with absolute minimal supplies coming in.

In the end, this is both the fault of Hamas and Israel. I think the only way to solve this is for Israel to return to pre-1967 borders, close all settlements in the West Bank and allow Arabs to own land in Israel. But, we all know it won't happen.

DarkKnightJared 01-05-2009 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCujo (Post 498860)
Nevermind that an election is due soon in Israel and the war mongering parties have got a major boost in the polls from invading Gaza.

I understand that Israel got sick of rockets coming over the barbed wire (a total of 4 dead in the last few years) but Israel didn't help the situatiuon by placing a blockade on Gaza (which is in violation of the Geneva Convention).

What are a people going to do when they are trapped inside barbed wire for the entirety of their lives struggling to survive? Nevermind that Israel is treating the residents of Gaza exactly the same way the Nazis treating the Jews in overrun countries in WWII. The ghettoisation of the Jews was an entirely intentional attempt to disenfranchise the population and it worked. The Jews were locked up surrounded by barbed wire with absolute minimal supplies coming in.

In the end, this is both the fault of Hamas and Israel. I think the only way to solve this is for Israel to return to pre-1967 borders, close all settlements in the West Bank and allow Arabs to own land in Israel. But, we all know it won't happen.

While I'm not the person to bring up the Nazis during a discussion--Goodwin's Law and all--but yeah, both sides are just about equally guilty of some sort of wrongdoing.

Roach_Headburn 01-05-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared (Post 498925)
While I'm not the person to bring up the Nazis during a discussion--Goodwin's Law and all--but yeah, both sides are just about equally guilty of some sort of wrongdoing.

Godwin's Law is only enacted when someone is being compared to the nazis or hitler; in the case you are actually discussing nazis in a realistic or historic context, Godwin's Law shall not be enacted.

SuperCujo 01-05-2009 10:32 PM

The caller talking about Israel used the misquote of the Iranian PM about Iran wanting Israel wiped off the map as if they want to kill all the Israelis. That has been debunked as a serious misquote.

The real intent of that speech was to say that the creation of the state of Israel was wrong and that the country of Palestine should replace it. Not once did he say that all Israelis should be killed.

The whole region is a shit fight and the fact that the US blindly funds and supports Israel just stirs up more hate.

dark_lobo 01-05-2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCujo (Post 498999)
The caller talking about Israel used the misquote of the Iranian PM about Iran wanting Israel wiped off the map as if they want to kill all the Israelis. That has been debunked as a serious misquote.

The real intent of that speech was to say that the creation of the state of Israel was wrong and that the country of Palestine should replace it. Not once did he say that all Israelis should be killed.

During the current situation I'm siding with Israel, I believe they have the right to defend themselves from their daily rocket strikes and broken 'cease fire' agreements.
but why did Israel a few months want to bomb IRAN? Granted, Iran doesn't recognize Israel, they think the holy land should belong to Palestine, etc, but how do you get from 'we don't like you because you talk shit about us and don't recognize us as a country' to 'we're gonna bomb the shit out you!' ? did I miss something?*
*This subject particularly worries me because my parents live in Iran.

DaveNJ 01-05-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_lobo (Post 499022)
During the current situation I'm siding with Israel, I believe they have the right to defend themselves from their daily rocket strikes and broken 'cease fire' agreements.
but why did Israel a few months want to bomb IRAN? Granted, Iran doesn't recognize Israel, they think the holy land should belong to Palestine, etc, but how do you get from 'we don't like you because you talk shit about us and don't recognize us as a country' to 'we're gonna bomb the shit out you!' ? did I miss something?*
*This subject particularly worries me because my parents live in Iran.

Iran's building a nuclear program suspected by many to be directly aimed at obtaining nuclear weapons. Israel has had in the works plans to bomb their reactor facilities like they did to Iraq in '81 so that Iran can't obtain the fissile material necessary to create a nuclear weapon. Given Iran's stated aim of eliminating Israel I'd say they have a right to be scared.

As for the Nazi comparison, it's incredibly weak. The border closures of Gaza were enacted after Hamas (a terror group) came to power in Gaza. Gaza was very poor for a long time, but the blockade has been aimed at weakening Hamas in the strip to limit their ability to fight Israel. Israel didn't round up its Arab population and put it in Gaza then put up a wall. In fact, they removed all their settlements from Gaza in 2005. However, Palestinians voted Hamas into power in 2006 and then Hamas orchestrated a violent coup in the Strip in 2007 to obtain complete and utter control.

Israel has to allow in humanitarian aid, but they have every right to restrict imports to a hostile power that's at war with them. Otherwise no military blockades of any sort would be considered legal.

The problem is this: right now Israel sees zero prospect for peace when the Palestinians are essentially in a state of civil war. The 2005 Gaza pullout was unprecedented, and could have been the blueprint to further settlement evacuation, but the day after the pullout Hamas had to flex its muscle by firing rockets into Israel. Since then most of the ex-settlements have become a key launching ground for Hamas rockets.

Why would Israel potentially put its entire nation within range of rockets when the Palestinians are in no position to guarantee peace? That's just stupid.

Any solution will depend on military restraint by Israel, but it's not a one way street. The Palestinians need to get their shit together and decide they want peace before it can happen. Right now that's not the case, so they get war instead.

dark_lobo 01-06-2009 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 499044)
Iran's building a nuclear program suspected by many to be directly aimed at obtaining nuclear weapons. Israel has had in the works plans to bomb their reactor facilities like they did to Iraq in '81 so that Iran can't obtain the fissile material necessary to create a nuclear weapon. Given Iran's stated aim of eliminating Israel I'd say they have a right to be scared.

I understand that, but it is only speculation that they are working on a nuclear program to obtain nuclear weapons. I honestly believe that they are working on that project to get cheaper energy. They rely pretty much 100% on oil, and since they have a lot of it, their energy bills are insanely low (my parents had to pay ~3 bucks for electricity during the summer... taking into account that they had 2 AC's turned on through the entire month, I'd say that's pretty cheap) so, in my opinion, their nuclear program is aimed toward getting another source of energy, taking into account that oil doesn't last forever, etc.
Also, Iran itself is a very peaceful place, peaceful people, etc. My parents see no violence at all, no thefts, etc. the closest thing they saw to violence was people marching down the street holding shoes up after that iraqi reporter threw his shoes at Bush, but it was a peaceful demonstration.

EllaMacFarlane 01-06-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCujo (Post 498999)
The caller talking about Israel used the misquote of the Iranian PM about Iran wanting Israel wiped off the map as if they want to kill all the Israelis. That has been debunked as a serious misquote.

mahmud ahmedinijad stated over and over that israel and its people should be bombed.
Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperCujo (Post 498860)
What are a people going to do when they are trapped inside barbed wire for the entirety of their lives struggling to survive? Nevermind that Israel is treating the residents of Gaza exactly the same way the Nazis treating the Jews in overrun countries in WWII. The ghettoisation of the Jews was an entirely intentional attempt to disenfranchise the population and it worked. The Jews were locked up surrounded by barbed wire with absolute minimal supplies coming in.

In the end, this is both the fault of Hamas and Israel. I think the only way to solve this is for Israel to return to pre-1967 borders, close all settlements in the West Bank and allow Arabs to own land in Israel. But, we all know it won't happen.

israel has every right to put a fucking fence in our fucking side of the border and dont you fucking dare to compare this to the holocaust.
and no, we shouldnt return to our 67 borders because according to the geneva convention, if a country attacks you, and in your retaliation you conquer their territories, you have every right to keep them, which is exactly what happened to us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dark_lobo (Post 499022)
During the current situation I'm siding with Israel, I believe they have the right to defend themselves from their daily rocket strikes and broken 'cease fire' agreements.
but why did Israel a few months want to bomb IRAN? Granted, Iran doesn't recognize Israel, they think the holy land should belong to Palestine, etc, but how do you get from 'we don't like you because you talk shit about us and don't recognize us as a country' to 'we're gonna bomb the shit out you!' ? did I miss something?*
*This subject particularly worries me because my parents live in Iran.

iran has in the past years been gaining nuclear powers and israel is still debating what actions will we take when our intelligence informs the gov't that iran can nuke israel.

Keith 01-06-2009 05:01 AM

I sincerely liked reading all these, but to say Iran wishes death on no one is ridiculous. The state of Israel should go and Palestine should take over? What do you think that means?

Cretaceous Bob 01-06-2009 08:07 AM

It's really pointless to take any side.

There wouldn't have been a problem if the Zionists hadn't decided land ownership is determined by religious texts, and there wouldn't be a problem now if people decided their children's futures were more important than fighting over land they felt was promised to them. The same way there was a huge influx of Jews into Palestine/Israel, they can all leave. Just about anywhere else in the world would serve as a better Jewish homeland. It's one thing to reside in a country for hundreds of years and then protest when you get attacked, but it's another entirely when you chase the inhabitants out of a piece of land, fill it with your own people, and then protest to coming under fire.

It's their war, and it's a mistake to get caught up in it. We should always provide assistance to anyone who wishes to leave the area on either side, but, otherwise, we should just butt out. That sounds harsh, given that most people on both sides don't deserve the stress, living conditions, and death inflicted upon them, but the harm taking a side does is not justified by the cause.

I'd also like to say I've noticed for a long time how Chemda always says she knows very little about Israel and Judaism, and simultaneously is very sensitive and defensive about the two. Whenever KATG got a letter from someone offended by something, Chemda was always the one to say, "That's the one thing that offended you? We're offensive about everything, so either be offended by everything or by nothing," yet when Keith turns the same humorous eye he applies to every country to Israel, Chemda is always frustrated and defensive. Keith can stereotype anywhere else, and say he doesn't need anywhere else, but what he says doesn't warrant protest until he says Israel is not, in fact, beautiful, but rather alot of brown dirt. That's not even that bad. Since all land is largely made up of dirt, most things beyond the extremely urban New York City are going to have a very strong tendency to bear a resemblance to dirt. Keith may claim Israel has a more monochromatic variety of dirt than most, but that's hardly something to constantly treat with impatience and irritation.

Edit: Oh, also, it's rare when I like anything outside of metal/classical/baroque music, but that 4 Inch Stud song from their new EP is pretty killer.

Badger 01-06-2009 08:39 AM

We need Jesse Joyce back on to blame Britain for inventing Israel in the first place.

Mundane Soul 01-06-2009 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger (Post 499292)
We need Jesse Joyce back on.

QFT

scottperezfox 01-06-2009 11:21 AM

The Kurt Russell movie about the LAPD is "Dark Blue." I actually watched it on cable this weekend.

And has anyone yet coined the phrase "Keith's Diplomacy?"

And apologies for the generic email. I was planning to do a more personal one for friends, but I was facing numerous email troubles. And you forgot the main point of the email, which was to send my card:

http://www.perezfox.com/images/perezfox_newyears_01.jpg
http://www.perezfox.com/images/perezfox_newyears_02.jpg

catPee 01-06-2009 12:29 PM

well put Cretaceous Bob
 
well put Cretaceous Bob. And I've always said what Keith is saying - Both sides are children on a world scale. I wouldn't waste money on bombs and fuel for bombers - Lets just turn off all the cameras, and media, stop all trade, just say bye bye to everyone involved. Agreed, if anyone wants out, take care of them. But most of the 1st world can handle mixed cultures by now. There just isn't an excuse for this kinda boring crap any more.

catPee 01-06-2009 12:42 PM

gaza brumsky
 
interesting short documentary on Vice TV about the whole gaza bidness...

PALESTINE VS. ISRAEL - AGAINST THE WALL - Part 2 of 6 - VBS.TV

ok, brumsky

DaveNJ 01-06-2009 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob (Post 499284)
It's really pointless to take any side.

There wouldn't have been a problem if the Zionists hadn't decided land ownership is determined by religious texts, and there wouldn't be a problem now if people decided their children's futures were more important than fighting over land they felt was promised to them. The same way there was a huge influx of Jews into Palestine/Israel, they can all leave. Just about anywhere else in the world would serve as a better Jewish homeland. It's one thing to reside in a country for hundreds of years and then protest when you get attacked, but it's another entirely when you chase the inhabitants out of a piece of land, fill it with your own people, and then protest to coming under fire.

It's their war, and it's a mistake to get caught up in it. We should always provide assistance to anyone who wishes to leave the area on either side, but, otherwise, we should just butt out. That sounds harsh, given that most people on both sides don't deserve the stress, living conditions, and death inflicted upon them, but the harm taking a side does is not justified by the cause.

I'd also like to say I've noticed for a long time how Chemda always says she knows very little about Israel and Judaism, and simultaneously is very sensitive and defensive about the two. Whenever KATG got a letter from someone offended by something, Chemda was always the one to say, "That's the one thing that offended you? We're offensive about everything, so either be offended by everything or by nothing," yet when Keith turns the same humorous eye he applies to every country to Israel, Chemda is always frustrated and defensive. Keith can stereotype anywhere else, and say he doesn't need anywhere else, but what he says doesn't warrant protest until he says Israel is not, in fact, beautiful, but rather alot of brown dirt. That's not even that bad. Since all land is largely made up of dirt, most things beyond the extremely urban New York City are going to have a very strong tendency to bear a resemblance to dirt. Keith may claim Israel has a more monochromatic variety of dirt than most, but that's hardly something to constantly treat with impatience and irritation.

Edit: Oh, also, it's rare when I like anything outside of metal/classical/baroque music, but that 4 Inch Stud song from their new EP is pretty killer.

So Jews aren't allowed to immigrate to the Middle East? The strength of Israel as a nation is that it's the restoration of the world's only Jewish nation. To say it would succeed elsewhere is ludicrous. The ONLY reason it works is because of Judaism's historic attachment to the land.

It's misrepresentative to say Jews just came in and took land. A lot of land was purchased and Britain allowed immigration into a territory they controlled. Jews moved in. Eventually a partition plan (like Pakistan and India) was set up. Israel accepted a tiny state for Jews, much smaller than it is now, and with no territorial contiguity.

The Arabs declined and invaded.

Yeah, America backs Israel, but why shouldn't we? Israel is a democratic nation with amazing trade ties with us. They have the number one producer of generic pharmaceuticals on the planet, and if your computer uses a Dell processor odds are it was fabricated in Israel. Israel invented AIM, too.

What would you have America do, just back down because doing the right thing is unpopular? Fuck that. Most Americans believe that aiding Israel and other small democracies that depend on us for protection (South Korea, West Germany pre-reconciliation, etc.) is a hallmark to our foreign policy.

We don't even put soldiers in Israel, and our foreign aid to Israel is only slightly higher than our foreign aid to Egypt, a nation with a dictator.

Israel catches a lot of shit because the Arab world hates Israel. There's tons of stuff going on right now that's way worse than what's happening in Gaza. Darfur, where the killers are Muslim (so we can't pay attention to that in the Arab world), DR Congo, where 5 million have died in the past ten years, and so much more.

Israel is a country that isn't going away. Until the Arab world accepts that and works for peace none of this stuff will stop.

Cretaceous Bob 01-06-2009 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 499437)
So Jews aren't allowed to immigrate to the Middle East? The strength of Israel as a nation is that it's the restoration of the world's only Jewish nation. To say it would succeed elsewhere is ludicrous. The ONLY reason it works is because of Judaism's historic attachment to the land.

Dude, people were there already. Sorry, but if they don't like you, or don't like a lot of you showing up and trying to start a country, tough shit. You can fight the ensuing war, but that's not a legitimate reason for us to help you. (Oh, and also, no, people didn't and don't want Jews to move to the middle east. That's what happens when people are living somewhere. That was a stupid question.)

Why would it not succeed elsewhere? It can hardly be argued other candidates would be more inhospitable. Would it not work because the Zionists would not possibly settle for anything less than a restoration of Israel? Then while I can understand that, I cannot support that. That is unreasonable, and extremity of demands leads to inevitable hostility.

This is not a case of persecution within a country, or any sort of mistreatment of a people residing alongside the offending faction. This is an outside party placing themselves in the middle of an existing situation. Since you say the degree of harm in a situation should determine how much attention we give it, surely you can agree that there are far more causes worth supporting than this. Perhaps a situation where a people already lived in an area, and are being persecuted for just living there, rather than moving there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 499437)
It's misrepresentative to say Jews just came in and took land. A lot of land was purchased and Britain allowed immigration into a territory they controlled. Jews moved in. Eventually a partition plan (like Pakistan and India) was set up. Israel accepted a tiny state for Jews, much smaller than it is now, and with no territorial contiguity.

The Arabs declined and invaded.

Is it? Was there not a conscious decision to move a mass of people onto pre-owned land based on the promises of a religious text?

If you're going to cite the decisions of Britain as proof of who is right, then you will recognize that the British imposed increasingly strict immigration policies into Palestine, and Zionists moved into the area anyway. Zionists committed acts of violence against the British in retaliation to the immigration laws. In fact, the British refused the UN demands of unrestricted Jewish immigration into Israel. The owners of the land AND the residents of the land were against the immigration. If you say an imperialist power allowing immigration is a justification of support, how is the defiance of an imperialist power's immigration laws not a condemnation of that cause? If you do not agree that is a condemnation, then you have put forth that the Zionists had the right to move into the area, regardless of the will of the residents or owners. Why? And would you support that same justification if it were applied to the US's immigration laws?

A partition plan was decided on by the UN. It was a plan created by people not on the land, without regard for the people on the land, and was then expected to be accepted by the people on the land. It is misrepresentative to say a refusal of such a plan is unreasonable.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 499437)
Yeah, America backs Israel, but why shouldn't we? Israel is a democratic nation with amazing trade ties with us. They have the number one producer of generic pharmaceuticals on the planet, and if your computer uses a Dell processor odds are it was fabricated in Israel. Israel invented AIM, too.

What would you have America do, just back down because doing the right thing is unpopular? Fuck that. Most Americans believe that aiding Israel and other small democracies that depend on us for protection (South Korea, West Germany pre-reconciliation, etc.) is a hallmark to our foreign policy.

Wait, are you arguing what is right, or what is profitable?

And yes, forcing the survival of unpopular ideologies in a region hostile to our philosophies is a hallmark of our foreign policy. Kind of funny how alot of complaining goes on about our foreign policy, especially about the period of time wherein we did this backing.

What's more, supporting one side is assenting to harm being done to the other. If you support Israel based on its system of government, you are deciding human life is devalued when it disagrees with you. I cannot see how that is superior to the Arab way.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNJ (Post 499437)
Israel catches a lot of shit because the Arab world hates Israel. There's tons of stuff going on right now that's way worse than what's happening in Gaza. Darfur, where the killers are Muslim (so we can't pay attention to that in the Arab world), DR Congo, where 5 million have died in the past ten years, and so much more.

Israel is a country that isn't going away. Until the Arab world accepts that and works for peace none of this stuff will stop.

Oh, now something isn't bad unless there isn't something worse? I guess I'll go shoplift, and when the government tries to take action against me I'll yell about how there's more important things going on somewhere else. Or at least I would, if that argument didn't sound stupid in every single situation it could possibly be applied to.

There was a long history of anti-Zionist sentiment before the establishment of the state of Israel. The reaction of the Arabs to its formation was not surprising, especially given the violence leading up to it. There has to be a greater reason for provoking such violence than a book promised so.

DamianDavid 01-06-2009 05:11 PM

I like the pond idea after all.....
 
Yeah.... I think I'm going to have to back Keith's plans for pond renovations because clearly the nations of Israel, Iran, Palestine, etc. are way too distracting from what's truly important here, the band....

Hey Keith....so I was thinking... how do you feel about doing a co-branding thing on beach chairs and towels that we can sell down by the new watering hole? Depending on how many bombs we use, the good ole U.S. could make miles and miles of waterfront property on the 19th.

bithead 01-06-2009 06:57 PM

On a lighter note...

... 4" Stud's acoustic performance was tight, especially when you consider how "exposed" they are with no reverb, etc.
Good job, boys!

Musical Dave 01-06-2009 07:25 PM

4" stud was awsome, I really hope that you guys will have more musical guests come on the show to and play. Im deffently buying the CD.

bithead 01-06-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musical Dave (Post 499581)
4" stud was awsome, I really hope that you guys will have more musical guests come on the show to and play. Im deffently buying the CD.

FUUUUUCCCCKKK YOOOOOUUUUUUU... and welcome to the forums! :)

Musical Dave 01-06-2009 07:37 PM

Thanks :)

StevieGold 01-06-2009 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bithead (Post 499568)
On a lighter note...

... 4" Stud's acoustic performance was tight, especially when you consider how "exposed" they are with no reverb, etc.
Good job, boys!

Thanks Bithead and Dave. Rock on!

Snow 01-06-2009 10:49 PM

I get a headache when you try to speak politics on the show.

Sokkratez 01-06-2009 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bithead (Post 499568)
On a lighter note...

... 4" Stud's acoustic performance was tight, especially when you consider how "exposed" they are with no reverb, etc.
Good job, boys!

Seriously, I was about to say, I want acoustic recordings! They sound awesome in Keith & Chemda's studio.

Keith 01-06-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow (Post 499676)
I get a headache when you try to speak politics on the show.

We're not all newspaper delivery guys like you that have all the facts.

Wouldn't it be easier just to give us the answer?

hayroob 01-06-2009 11:15 PM

I'm the one who called in, the youtube videos i was talking about got taken down because of user complaints, but are still getting regular play on cnn and msnbc if you watch their coverage.

I think Jon Stewart is showing some of the best most balanced coverage I've seen (this was aired like 5 hours after I called into the show)
Strip Maul | The Daily Show | Comedy Central

hayroob 01-06-2009 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllaMacFarlane (Post 499107)
israel has every right to put a fucking fence in our fucking side of the border and dont you fucking dare to compare this to the holocaust.
and no, we shouldnt return to our 67 borders because according to the geneva convention, if a country attacks you, and in your retaliation you conquer their territories, you have every right to keep them, which is exactly what happened to us.

First off fucking telling people what they fucking can fucking compare fucking things to when they're making a legitimate fucking point makes taking you fucking seriously a lot harder.
Second the fact of the matter is that Israel is just as guilty of aggression as the palestinians and moving back to pre 67 borders would be a huge step to show that Israel actually wants peace and isn't just waiting till the UN gives them the ok to seize what sovereignty the palestinian attempt at a state has left.

Snow 01-06-2009 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keith (Post 499685)
We're not all newspaper delivery guys like you that have all the facts.

Wouldn't it be easier just to give us the answer?

Hey, aren't you always shitting on Rooney when he doesn't know about stuff he's talking about? Since research is so easy why don't you try it once.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger