Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #11 (permalink)

Glad you guys thought The Shit Guy was a douche too.

"I got shit all over the fuckin' place! Let's have a discussion!"
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

was it me or did Hemda come down hard on BTK for his question ..which i thought was legitimate...i like brother love as much as anyone and understand he is trying to sell an image(his name isn't brother hug) and i could understand where someone may have a wrong impression of his true self..i believe maybe Hemda has some history of someone calling her something in the past after a certain event and was taking it out on him...felt the comments towards him were uncalled for..imo
Old 01-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

OWWWWWWWWWW!
Old 01-13-2009, 03:58 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloneil View Post
was it me or did Hemda come down hard on BTK for his question
What I thought was interesting is nobody picked up on BTK's name when he was calling women sluts.

BTK killed a lot of women: Dennis Rader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 01-13-2009, 08:54 AM   #15 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
How does standing on a little white platform contribute to your workout in a way that standard exercise would not otherwise have? (Obviously, I don't own a Wii fit...)
Well, it tracks your BMI and can tell you how many calories you've burned per session, among other things. I imagine it would be pretty cool to see your progress over the course of a month or so, to see where you started and how far you've come and whatnot.

I think we can all agree that Wii Fit is probably not the best possible exercise regimen, but that doesn't mean it should be completely disregarded. Strength training and aerobics are part of what you're able to do within the software and it's been proven that it actually has made a difference in people.

Personally I think it's pretty cool that Nintendo is actually trying to get people to get up off the couch and work out, and changing the mindset that all video games have to be passive and unhealthy.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #16 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokkratez View Post
What I thought was interesting is nobody picked up on BTK's name when he was calling women sluts.

BTK killed a lot of women: Dennis Rader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I was thinkin that too! Creepy....

On another note: I HEART Brolo! Can't wait for the live music.
OWW!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neiloneil View Post
was it me or did Hemda come down hard on BTK for his question ..which i thought was legitimate...i like brother love as much as anyone and understand he is trying to sell an image(his name isn't brother hug) and i could understand where someone may have a wrong impression of his true self..i believe maybe Hemda has some history of someone calling her something in the past after a certain event and was taking it out on him...felt the comments towards him were uncalled for..imo
We talked about this on the 74 hour podcast. I argued against having sex with someone when there's no pretense of a larger relationship, and Keith & Chemda argued for. I definitely see their side, having a lot of sex is obviously fun, and I'm sure I'd get used to it. But it definitely raises the risk that you're gonna end up with herpes. So, pick your battles. I wish I could tell you where in the 74 hour show that happened. Somewhere in the first 70 hours.

Last edited by McNally; 01-13-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:31 AM   #18 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Penalty for losing ... open-handed bitch-slap, and a 5-second teabagging.

Because Intern just sounds like a bitch about it ... and probably looks like a little girl on his Wiii.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mundane Soul View Post
Well, it tracks your BMI and can tell you how many calories you've burned per session, among other things. I imagine it would be pretty cool to see your progress over the course of a month or so, to see where you started and how far you've come and whatnot.

I think we can all agree that Wii Fit is probably not the best possible exercise regimen, but that doesn't mean it should be completely disregarded. Strength training and aerobics are part of what you're able to do within the software and it's been proven that it actually has made a difference in people.

Personally I think it's pretty cool that Nintendo is actually trying to get people to get up off the couch and work out, and changing the mindset that all video games have to be passive and unhealthy.
I can understand that because it's similar to an exercise bike or treadmill - it takes the info you enter and gives feedback based on statistics for your entry, like how many calories your body at that height and weight should be burning while moving at that speed. It's based on averages and not totally accurate. So then, how would that work with the yoga program, a style of exercise based on stretching and breathing?

And I too can see that nintendo making an exercise program is benefitting people. I just think it's sad that lazy fucks who won't use an exercise video will use a video game. There are monitors and pdometers that can also gauge progress for much less.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:05 AM   #20 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I have tried out Wii Fit. While you are not going to drop a ton of weight fast or build massive muscles, it helps in other areas. The yoga exercises build some muscle strength and flexibility. The more active exercises get your pulse and breathing elevated.

Its a tool to get you ready for more intense exercise.