Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Show Talk (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/)
-   -   881: Give and Take (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f5/881-give-take-12247/)

Keith 01-17-2009 12:56 PM

881: Give and Take

"The challenge is basically to prove Keith wrong."

KeithCourage.com - Fiction and podcasts by Keith McNally - Keith Courage . com

FrozenViking 01-17-2009 05:02 PM

Awesome episode!

But...

it was kinda shitty. Okay, have a great day! Bang bang!

spooky 01-17-2009 05:45 PM

so every girl has been raped, and NOW every girl has an eating disorder. How does Ayn feel about blacks?

lalalemon 01-18-2009 01:45 AM

Okay. I think this is my first katg complaint. Possibly ever.

i was kind of bothered with Ayn this episode. One- she was annoying. Two- her off-handedness about eating disorders kind of upset me.

Yes, I fucking have an eating disorder and it fucking sucks. Maybe I'm annoyed with her because she reminds me of myself when I try to brush off the fact that what I'm doing is very unhealthy. Maybe I'm angry at the fact that I struggle with something that she finds so inconsequential.

Whatever it is, it hurt a little bit.

Bulimia has made my life hell. I get anxious at most meals, stress more over food than exams. In the last year and a half, I've had three cavities due to the stomach acid, gone over 4 months without a period, and sometimes find myself wallowing in depression or guilt over what I just had for lunch.

I hate it, but I do it anyway because like Ayn said, " it feels so good...clean."
I might just be being sensitive, but I just wish she hadn't been so nonchalant about it.

I do agree with her that the majority of teenage girls go through some sort of ED phase. In my group of high school friends, I can name at least 5 of 7 or 8 girls that either had an eating disorder or still have an eating disorder.

Ayn, I still think you have an eating disorder even if you're only making yourself throw-up once a week. You're doing it to make yourself feel better. It's part of your routine.

sorry to be so very serious.

Sokkratez 01-18-2009 02:13 AM

Puking once a week is a problem whether you're doing it on purpose or not.

Have these two done 1 to 10? I think they need to play it again if so. All versions. Or is that coming up? I still have like 27 minutes left.

FrozenViking 01-18-2009 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalalemon (Post 505720)
i was kind of bothered with Ayn this episode. One- she was annoying. Two- her off-handedness about eating disorders kind of upset me.

Well... should she not talk about it, to spare people who has an eating disorder? I think sharing it with other people makes it better

Sparrow 01-18-2009 09:50 AM

Lala, while I sympathize with your struggle, I think your complaint falls under the "oh, that offended ME" file.

gumby013 01-18-2009 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lalalemon (Post 505720)
Okay. I think this is my first katg complaint. Possibly ever.

Yes, I fucking have an eating disorder and it fucking sucks. Maybe I'm annoyed with her because she reminds me of myself when I try to brush off the fact that what I'm doing is very unhealthy. Maybe I'm angry at the fact that I struggle with something that she finds so inconsequential.

Whatever it is, it hurt a little bit.

Bulimia has made my life hell. I get anxious at most meals, stress more over food than exams. In the last year and a half, I've had three cavities due to the stomach acid, gone over 4 months without a period, and sometimes find myself wallowing in depression or guilt over what I just had for lunch.

I hate it, but I do it anyway because like Ayn said, " it feels so good...clean."
I might just be being sensitive, but I just wish she hadn't been so nonchalant about it.

I do agree with her that the majority of teenage girls go through some sort of ED phase. In my group of high school friends, I can name at least 5 of 7 or 8 girls that either had an eating disorder or still have an eating disorder.

Ayn, I still think you have an eating disorder even if you're only making yourself throw-up once a week. You're doing it to make yourself feel better. It's part of your routine.

sorry to be so very serious.

Someone needs to go press the skinny button....

Raggety 01-18-2009 10:17 AM

I don't have an eating disorder, nor have I been raped on a sink so I have no qualms whatsoever with this episode.

I felt compelled to comment on the great flow of topics, awkwardness and comedy in this show, I won't say its the best yet because keith might push some paper off a table in anger. So I'll just say, they're all great. And this one, is newly great.

BrownEyedBtch 01-18-2009 11:14 AM

When Keith confronted intern, it reminded me of the way he confronted Max a couple of years ago. He immediately makes the other person uncomfortable and has this tone of "even if I am wrong, it's because of you." even if Keith apologized, it was still much more awkward than it probably needed to be.