Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #11 (permalink)

I find it more enjoyable to enjoy the social discomfort of saying exactly what's on your mind 90% of the time. I haven't been shot yet, so it must be fine.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)

Being Southern I have been trained to be a big fucking cuntface, but have it sound so sweet and charming you can't get mad at it. Being brutally honest or just giving somebody the business goes down much easier with a drawl and a wink.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

Except when its justified.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:37 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
I wasn't talking about myself, I'm very happy with my life. I would guess you're not. No one who is really happy needs to go out of her way to make other people feel like shit all the time.
I don't think whether or not tatoe is happy in her personal life has to do with that argument. She used a public forum to respond to a broadcast made publicly available. The only problem with that is that both of them were too stubborn to let it go, and they kept it going publicly. Otherwise, the fact that she stood her ground is not a testament to her unhappiness at all.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)

Ah, unhappiness. It's the joy of discovering a used heroin needle in an inedible taco. Let us revel in it's non-bliss. I'll bring the Prozac.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #16 (permalink)

Re the "Sorry we won" basketball team ...

My son played soccer and one time his team was up 7-0 by 1/2 time. They continued scoring after the 1/2 time break and by the time it was 10-0 one of the parents of a kid on the other team couldn't take it any more. He started abusing the kids in my son's team because they didn't take it easy and stop scoring and were still celebrating and high-fiving after each goal. Then he started abusing my son's coach and asking the ref to call full-time. He put on rather an embarrassing display. When told to keep quiet he turned on the other parents too. The kids on the losing team were even telling him to shut up. They showed far more spirit and shook hands and congratulated my son's team after the game.

I agree with Keith - kids have to learn how to win and how to lose. It's an important life lesson, not just a sporting one. My son's team didn't win every game. What mattered to him was how he played - he was less happy after a game the team won if his performance was bad, than if they lost but he had played well.

As to the TatoE and McNally situation - there are some things it is socially unacceptable to say and "makes me want to rape her again" is one of them, particularly if that person has actually been raped. If that comment has been left out of the post I don't think the back and forth would have gone the way it did. TatoE and McNally don't need to be fake friends, but they do need to be civil when they end up in the same room. McNally is right - it's what adults do.

That said, I agree with Tatoe, she calls it as she sees it and, while I may not always like it or think it should be said, I do respect it. Besides, Ayn also annoyed me with her comments, particularly when they became polar-opposites of each other - I like my breasts / I want breasts like Jmac and I throw up once a week / I don't have an eating disorder and I'm sexy / I'm fat.

Part of my problem with Ayn though, is that I can see a reflection of myself. I'm going to work on that (well, for 24 days out of the month anyway). Sometimes my "girl brain" drives me crazy.

The problem I see with Ayn's and McNally's relationship, besides Ayn's constant need for attention and validation, is that it has an expiration date. They really can't be more than "friends with benefits" now and that is shown by McNally switching off emotionally. Ayn needs to come to terms with this too and if she can't they should just break up now.
Old 01-25-2009, 12:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post

Even if you don't agree with that, the real difference is that I never have to meet you people

Wait a minute..."you people"?
Old 01-25-2009, 01:35 PM   #18 (permalink)

What is the song at the end of the episode??
Old 01-25-2009, 02:02 PM   #19 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

My old high school won a hockey game a few years ago 27-0. I giggle every time I see that score.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...LA0512-6.shtml

Last edited by gumby013; 01-25-2009 at 02:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashedlive View Post
What is the song at the end of the episode??
I too would very much like to know the name of the song. I thought it was great.