Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-28-2009, 11:25 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
my 401k in one year went from $22K to $14k. I cashed that sucker out a few weeks ago, paid off 3 credit cards and couldn't be happier. A weight has been lifted from my shoulders and I'm that much closer to being financially sound and who knows, maybe I'll move back to manhattan if the rent stay's at it's current rate in a year or so. Dat would totally be awesome

You're crazy. You have to take into account how many more working years you have. You already had lost nearly 50% the value of your fund, then you took it out, getting slapped with a big penalty. If you figure that you're probably going to be working for at least thirty more years, you will have plenty of time to turn around the recent economic losses and not only regain that $22K but also build a large amount on top of that.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:06 PM   #22 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

I'm sorry, I'm sure Joe DeRosa is a great guy, but he is a super-boring guest, at least in my opinion. He only had half-stories and half-answers for everything. (example: "well, I'll just say _____, and leave it at that... hehe okay? I'll just leave it at that.") He's been on twice before and was a boring guest both other times. He is boring and uncomfortable

The only saving grace for me during this show was the whole intern/potatoE thing, and keith's little jokes and jabs at Joe.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen Derek View Post
He is involved w/ a show that has thousands of listeners, and "from a listener's perspective" I think the listeners have the right to decide who they like and who they don't like. The moment he decides to get in front of a mic, it's fair game. And we've heard from him enough for many people to decide that they don't like the kid. There are people who, for whatever reason, don't like Spooky or Brolo or McNally or whoever. Don't baby him just because he's young. He knew what kind of show he was getting involved with. This isn't a kid's show.
I'm not babying him. I'm just saying it's easy to sit back and hate on someone when everyone else is (The only thing that I excused because of age was the PotatoE thing. Guys say and do stupid shit to and around girls when they're 19. I'll stand by this.). You're just jumping on a bandwagon. This is proven above when you site: Wii Fit (At least he backs up what he thinks with the bet and all. Besides, how dare he attempt to get in shape using a popular fad.), acting defensive with Keith (There was something he didn't want mentioned on the show and he acted accordingly, Keith backed off. You've got no clue what the fuck it was regarding, so how can you judge?), being awkward around Ayn (shit, apparently lots of people are awkward around Ayn, her boyfriend included), having tea on his wish list (how dare he enjoy tea!), and quoting Hamlet (seriously, you bitched about this) as reasons to be hated. I'm not saying the kid hasn't done and said some stupid shit. I'm not even saying I like the guy, I don't know shit about him.After listening to this past show, I think he learned a thing or two about jumping behind the mic (which he did). But, the guy is donating his time to Keith and the Girl, so I'm giving him a little merit for that.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:17 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
I'm sorry, I'm sure Joe DeRosa is a great guy, but he is a super-boring guest, at least in my opinion. He only had half-stories and half-answers for everything. (example: "well, I'll just say _____, and leave it at that... hehe okay? I'll just leave it at that.") He's been on twice before and was a boring guest both other times. He is boring and uncomfortable

The only saving grace for me during this show was the whole intern/potatoE thing, and keith's little jokes and jabs at Joe.
interesting thought, i still cant make up my mind about this guy. My only complaint is that he seems to have an "im better than you" attitude which may be due to his defensive personality, but he makes me giggle when on the show...

I will watch his comedy central special and make a better decision on him. hopefully its funny!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:20 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkChic182MN View Post
interesting thought, i still cant make up my mind about this guy. My only complaint is that he seems to have an "im better than you" attitude which may be due to his defensive personality, but he makes me giggle when on the show...

I will watch his comedy central special and make a better decision on him. hopefully its funny!
Yeah, I'd want to see his stand-up act. Also, I'd like to know what his ex said that was so horrible. I hate teases.
Old 01-28-2009, 12:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
You're crazy. You have to take into account how many more working years you have. You already had lost nearly 50% the value of your fund, then you took it out, getting slapped with a big penalty. If you figure that you're probably going to be working for at least thirty more years, you will have plenty of time to turn around the recent economic losses and not only regain that $22K but also build a large amount on top of that.
everyone has an idea of how to manage their financial future. Right now the government is working on nationalizing the banks and creating something called a gra (guaranteed retirement account) in which they will try to possess all ira's 401k's and other such retirement accounts, transfer them to these gra and then guaranteed that they'll be in good hands.

Looking at what happened to social security, the pension plans of ww II vets in Alaska and their latest blunders with the digital tv coupons (i.e. they don't have enough to meet demand) I decided that it would be better for me to pay off my high-interest rate debt now so I can become more self-sufficient, and put money into savings instead.

Even Horowitz, of the disciplined invester dot com site has says that investing in the stock market is very risky right now and could bite you in the ass (which is what most ira's and 401k's do right now).

Plus, you need good credit nowadays to get a good job whenever you want to relocate and I had some issues with some of them because creditors can be asses. So I figured I'll just pay them off now and work my way up instead of making my current situation worse by letting them linger any longer.

As I said before, to each their own. My wife decided to keep her retirement account and I'm putting money into savings so that should help balance things off.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:02 PM   #27 (permalink)

Opening up does not always equate to interesting stories. He's a normal guy trying to claim he has some weird issues, he doesn't really.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogbear63 View Post
He's still a kid for crying out loud.
For crying out loud, he's an adult. A young adult, but an adult nonetheless. He's getting heat, wants to know why, and then pusses out and says he's "done" with the forums when he gets answers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogbear63 View Post
I'm not babying him. I'm just saying it's easy to sit back and hate on someone when everyone else is (The only thing that I excused because of age was the PotatoE thing. Guys say and do stupid shit to and around girls when they're 19. I'll stand by this.). You're just jumping on a bandwagon. This is proven above when you site: Wii Fit (At least he backs up what he thinks with the bet and all. Besides, how dare he attempt to get in shape using a popular fad.), acting defensive with Keith (There was something he didn't want mentioned on the show and he acted accordingly, Keith backed off. You've got no clue what the fuck it was regarding, so how can you judge?), being awkward around Ayn (shit, apparently lots of people are awkward around Ayn, her boyfriend included), having tea on his wish list (how dare he enjoy tea!), and quoting Hamlet (seriously, you bitched about this) as reasons to be hated. I'm not saying the kid hasn't done and said some stupid shit. I'm not even saying I like the guy, I don't know shit about him.After listening to this past show, I think he learned a thing or two about jumping behind the mic (which he did). But, the guy is donating his time to Keith and the Girl, so I'm giving him a little merit for that.
First of all, I never said "hate", just "douche". And re-listen to #881. Even Keith said that if he's on the show and we're getting to know him personally, he needs to accept being talked about, he's going to get hassle, and he can't be surprised about it. "It is give and take if you are on the show." Everyone who is on the show knows that, and as McNally said "you can't have it half-way".

This forum is about listening and responding. I listen to Intern, and my response is "what a douche." And "popular opinion" isn't necessarily "bandwagon". You don't need to agree with my opinion, but I do think you're holding firm to the "He's just a kid" argument, and that has no place on this show. He's the same age as Tatoe, and she can hold her own just fine. If he can't, then he shouldn't put himself out there.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post
Actually, he is a douche because I've seen him quite literally insert his whole physical body into a women's vagoosh and upon exiting she seemed to feel refreshed.

It was a reverse-birth-to-birth incident.

He tends to have a light vinegar smell about him when he enters a room.

I'm just sayin'.
There you go Shoogbear. Irrefutable proof.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Fair 'nuff. No sense fighting about it. I just wanted to throw out the "he does free work!" thing and probably pushed things a little too far.

PS - Douche smells like vinegar? I have no idea what douche looks or smells like, but it seems like vinegar would be a bad decision. I'm sure it has to do with the cleany and pH stuff but, the less I know about the actual douching process the better... but vinegar? You'd think that they'd fix that by now.