Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 01-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
"Keith's Justice" pissed me off the moment I heard it, and it pisses me off every time Keith mentions it. Don't just assume that everyone on here blindly kowtows to Keith. I disagree with him on many, many things (his argument with Chemda about gays in the military made me FURIOUS).

And it was not Chris's views on Keith's Justice I had a problem with. I agree with him in that regard.

Correct me if I am wrong, but as I remember it, Keith asked if Chris had any problem with child molesters being forced to put themselves on a list. Chris said he didn't like "labeling" people like that, and he believed people could be rehabilitated. I'm fairly liberal, and I found that to be bananas. Maybe I missed the part of the conversation where he took that back, but I'm pretty sure that's what was said. Based on personal observations and reading the observations of others, I vehemently disagree with the idea of not having child molesters make it exceedingly clear that they did what they did, and the same goes for the notion that they can, in any way, be rehabilitated.

If I misinterpreted, misheard, or inaccurately remember Chris's views, I sincerely apologize. I meant no personal offense, I was just expressing in an exaggerated internet fashion that I disagree with someone.
Ok - I guess it wasn't my last post. I didn't realize when you posted you got responses to your email and now I read this and feel like I have to respond b/c you were so nice!

I'm perhaps too protective of Chris and my family boundaries, which is why I've never stepped into the forum world before this. Seeing Chris trashed in the forums for this really got to me. I took all of this personally. I forget it's the internet and that we're supposed to be playing a part and that you don't actually know us. Because we don't generally put ourselves out there to be commented on and are very new to the internet name calling that ensues, I was perhaps a bit sensitive to all this, and am incredibly protective of Chris, who is involved in all this because of me.

He came home that night and was beating himself up because he didn't feel like he articulated his point at all. Of course child molesters are awful and we should do everything we can to not have them around children - but putting them on a list is not working; therefore does not make sense. We need to look for a better solution. As for rehabilitation, if we stop studying this mental illness and hoping for a cure, we may not learn how to avoid it happening in the first place. Clearly, there isn't a cure for child touchers and I would like them as far away from my family as possible - but the same used to be true for lepers. Hope advances societies and not just when it's convenient and pretty.

Chris is really a thoughtful guy and cares about what's going on in the world. It's hard to have a debate when you 1) aren't prepared 2) haven't really formulated what your thoughts are on an issue. 3) Have a new angle on a debate, ie, becoming a dad. 4) have had a lot to drink.

Apologies to you for attacking. I should have kept a clearer head. Sleepless nights with the wee one make for a testy mood!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shep0081 View Post
Ok - I guess it wasn't my last post. I didn't realize when you posted you got responses to your email and now I read this and feel like I have to respond b/c you were so nice!

I'm perhaps too protective of Chris and my family boundaries, which is why I've never stepped into the forum world before this. Seeing Chris trashed in the forums for this really got to me. I took all of this personally. I forget it's the internet and that we're supposed to be playing a part and that you don't actually know us. Because we don't generally put ourselves out there to be commented on and are very new to the internet name calling that ensues, I was perhaps a bit sensitive to all this, and am incredibly protective of Chris, who is involved in all this because of me.

He came home that night and was beating himself up because he didn't feel like he articulated his point at all. Of course child molesters are awful and we should do everything we can to not have them around children - but putting them on a list is not working; therefore does not make sense. We need to look for a better solution. As for rehabilitation, if we stop studying this mental illness and hoping for a cure, we may not learn how to avoid it happening in the first place. Clearly, there isn't a cure for child touchers and I would like them as far away from my family as possible - but the same used to be true for lepers. Hope advances societies and not just when it's convenient and pretty.

Chris is really a thoughtful guy and cares about what's going on in the world. It's hard to have a debate when you 1) aren't prepared 2) haven't really formulated what your thoughts are on an issue. 3) Have a new angle on a debate, ie, becoming a dad. 4) have had a lot to drink.

Apologies to you for attacking. I should have kept a clearer head. Sleepless nights with the wee one make for a testy mood!

First off, I have a family and I do understand the need to set those boundries.

Second, we do have some serious debates on the forums, but there will always be the odd joke or potshot taken. If nobody takes a shot at you, it probably means nobody is reading your posts.

Third, it sucks you in, doesn't it?

Old 01-30-2009, 04:11 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:

I understand completely.

I think keeping the forums in the proper perspective is helpful; for example, all of us anonymous assholes constantly find myriad things to bitch about in regards to Keith and Chemda, and yet we all love them to bits and pieces. As such, I disagreed with Chris on a single point of his views on law, but it was and remains my opinion (based on the brief exposure I've had) that you two are a phenomenal couple, and Chris is a good, concerned person and a great father.

We forum dwellers harp for far too long on the negative sides of things. Think of it this way: if this extremely critical bunch of jerks can only find fault with a philosophy of punishing crime, we picked every other aspect apart and could find nothing else wrong.

And you were right to protest what we said. A blanket condemnation of someone's husband as "retarded" with no explanation or addendums can only be taken offensively. In typical internet fashion, I forgot that my internet persona has the ability to offend. I apologize for taking time out of your day solely because I had to take a harsh jab at a good person.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

One thing I thought was interesting about this episode was about Chemda contradicting herself, saying she doesn't understand how people in rural areas grew up because she grew up in a New York lifestyle. Yet not five minutes later, she articulates quite well how Keith grew up in a rural setting, and seemed to have a good understanding of that. To me, it seemed like just because she didn't understand Lori's upbringing doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't understand it at all, because she can tell you more about Keith's upbringing than he can.
Old 01-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #25 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I'm perhaps too protective of Chris and my family boundaries, which is why I've never stepped into the forum world before this.
Get out while you still can!
Old 01-30-2009, 05:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
One thing I thought was interesting about this episode was about Chemda contradicting herself, saying she doesn't understand how people in rural areas grew up because she grew up in a New York lifestyle. Yet not five minutes later, she articulates quite well how Keith grew up in a rural setting, and seemed to have a good understanding of that. To me, it seemed like just because she didn't understand Lori's upbringing doesn't necessarily mean she doesn't understand it at all, because she can tell you more about Keith's upbringing than he can.
Good ear! That bitch so played herself! Oh, she says she can't appreciate the scenic, empty country, but then she turns around and says how she's heard about and even been to the country herself! Well which is it, honey?!

Oh, now you don't have a clever quip. How interesting...
Old 01-30-2009, 06:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

Great episode!

I almost veered my car off the road from laughing so hard when Lori's mom said she was down on her knees a lot when Lori was a teenager and Keith replied "yeah she was down on her knees a lot too". So funny!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post
Great episode!

I almost veered my car off the road from laughing so hard when Lori's mom said she was down on her knees a lot when Lori was a teenager and Keith replied "yeah she was down on her knees a lot too". So funny!
I don't think her mom got it.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
We're new parents who were confronted with thinking about child molesters for the first time as parents. Cut us some slack.

That's part of the reason I never want children. I would always be eyeballing people wondering to myself, "Ok, which one of these fuckers is thinking about fiddle-diddling my kid."

Definitely some scary shit
Old 01-30-2009, 07:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Me and my dad act identical to how Lori and her Mom get along. Great show.