Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kupotek View Post
Actually yes.
Okee doke, you're on my Internet List of Silly Nutters.

Is the vast multitude of conspiracy theories a tool of the government to keep the people confused and in disarray, or are you an extremely shrewd person?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:28 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Okee doke, you're on my Internet List of Silly Nutters.

Is the vast multitude of conspiracy theories a tool of the government to keep the people confused and in disarray, or are you an extremely shrewd person?
It's not silly, it's true. Prohibition was first conceived by the Methodists to stop over consumption. It backfired sure, but it had good intentions.
It's not a conspiracy theory.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Not a big fan of beer myself. I find it just a tool of the government to keep us dumbed down and controlled. Why do you suppose a drug like marijuana which expands your consciousness (alcohol contracts it), which causes no deaths per year compared to alcohol's 50,000 deaths per year is still illegal?

It's all about control and beer is a big part of national control.

Have you read "Food Of The Gods"?
You practically paraphrased what it's about.
Caffeine,sugar and tobacco keep us on edge enough to perpetuate the values of the domination/submission system. Booze helps numb and escape just enough so society doesn't crumble from the stress.

Pot, psychedelics and other shamanic or communal drugs tend to make us more mellow and kind, thus, useless to the system.

Last edited by lattaland; 02-03-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: I can't spell worth a d-a-m
Old 02-03-2009, 08:33 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not silly, it's true. Prohibition was first conceived by the Methodists to stop over consumption. It backfired sure, but it had good intentions.
It's not a conspiracy theory.
So... saying alcohol is deliberately used by the government to sedate its populace is not a conspiracy theory?
Old 02-03-2009, 08:40 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattaland View Post
Have you read "Food Of The Gods"?
You practically paraphrased what it's about.
Caffeine,sugar and tobacco keep us on edge enough to perpetuate the values of the domination/submission system. Booze helps numb and escape just enough so society doesn't crumble from the stress.

Pot, psychedelics and other shamanic or communal drugs tend to make us more mellow and kind, thus, useless to the system.
Never read the book but I always figured I wasn't the only person to think of these things.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
So... saying alcohol is deliberately used by the government to sedate its populace is not a conspiracy theory?
I thought you were using the term to discredit what I was saying, judging by your calling me a silly nutter directly afterward. It's not paranoia if they really are after you.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought you were using the term to discredit what I was saying, judging by your calling me a silly nutter directly afterward. It's not paranoia if they really are after you.
The reason it's called a conspiracy theory is because of a lack of evidence that would render it simply a conspiracy.

But I am discrediting what you're saying. Booze keeps people complacent in the same way that free speech does: if someone has what they want, they won't bitch so much. It isn't invisible shackles on the heels of a wolf.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
The reason it's called a conspiracy theory is because of a lack of evidence that would render it simply a conspiracy.

But I am discrediting what you're saying. Booze keeps people complacent in the same way that free speech does: if someone has what they want, they won't bitch so much. It isn't invisible shackles on the heels of a wolf.
Then why is marijuana illegal when it's medicinal properties are clear, and regulating it would help the economy, it's rope is the strongest, it's seeds bear more protein than any others, etc... the pros outweight the cons by a large margin.

Anyway, this debate is getting way off course.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Then why is marijuana illegal when it's medicinal properties are clear, and regulating it would help the economy, it's rope is the strongest, it's seeds bear more protein than any others, etc... the pros outweight the cons by a large margin.

Anyway, this debate is getting way off course.
The same groups of country-liberating folks you cited earlier is who you can thank for that. They want to make everything illegal, but booze was too ingrained into the fabric of this country. Pot, however, was easier to take away, and is easier to keep away. If as many people smoked as boozed, it would be legal.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
If as many people smoked as boozed, it would be legal.
Maybe but that's debatable. Ultimately I do believe it comes down to control. It's easier to regulate alcohol than it would be to regulate marijuana.