Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I don't know if I would call what I heard "having a temper". It's more akin to someone knowing they have all the leverage and deciding act a fool cause they know no one will put them in check. It's like a gorilla beating up his rival in front of the entire pack. He's just showing that he's the alpha dog on the set. In my opinion it was more of a chess move against the director than against the DP.
Then, with that said, it worked - didn't it?

Honestly, he established his dominance the second he signed on. HE is the star of the movie and will make it or break it.

The director is McG. Remember Charlie's Angels..... and... uh... Chuck, sort of?

That's it.

So yeah, he has the upper hand.

Seriously, Bale is the only REALLY name pulling this. Screw Carter, she's still nothing in comparison. Take him out of the picture, and you have another empty sci-fi crapper
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 11:17 PM   #122 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Then, with that said, it worked - didn't it?

Honestly, he established his dominance the second he signed on. HE is the star of the movie and will make it or break it.

The director is McG. Remember Charlie's Angels..... and... uh... Chuck, sort of?

That's it.

So yeah, he has the upper hand.

Seriously, Bale is the only REALLY name pulling this. Screw Carter, she's still nothing in comparison. Take him out of the picture, and you have another empty sci-fi crapper
1. I don't know that it "worked" or even needed to be proven. Didn't he come out and apologize about it?
2. Just because you can get away with doing some asshole tantrum doesn't make it right or okay.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:39 AM   #123 (permalink)

Sorry to hear about your grandfather Chemda.

It does seem kind of strange that he is buried right away, but then my grandmother still hasn't buried my grandfather and that was a year ago he was cremated and he's somewhere in the house. This is also weird, probably weirder.
Old 02-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
1. I don't know that it "worked" or even needed to be proven. Didn't he come out and apologize about it?
2. Just because you can get away with doing some asshole tantrum doesn't make it right or okay.
I bet the DP doesn't fuck up again. That's for sure.

Bale has a history of having tantrums. That's his nature. He's also a method actor. Who care if people believe it's necessary or not. That's what he does. Anyone getting involved should know that.

Maybe he takes it more seriously, who knows. But that's probably why he gets paid what he does.

Unless you're an actor, or are a regular participant in things like this, I don't think you can feel the gravity of the situation.

I've done extra work, as has my wife. DP's aren't dumb fucks like this guy.

Sure, he went way overboard, but the DP did something stupid. He overreacted.

What's done is done. Should that absolve Bale? No. But would the DP rather be fired, which is deserved? I think some major ass tearing would be better than getting canned.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:47 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Why was the assistant director dealing with Bale instead of McG? McG is there but he lets the other guy try to calm Bale down instead of taking charge?
Probably for a good number of reasons. Mostly because it's not really his job. It was also an amazingly amateur mistake on the DP's part. By the way DP's don't "check lights" in the middle of scenes. On a production of that size the DP shouldn't even be touching a light. He has about 20 other people to do that for him. And they wait until the scene is done.

For all we know the director could be 10 yards away watching the scene in a monitor. More than likely; his DP make a rookie mistake on a huge film in front of his volatile star. No reason to get in the middle of that. Most the time those outburst are a lot shorter than that as well.
Old 02-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #126 (permalink)

Old 02-10-2009, 09:12 AM   #127 (permalink)

I thought Chemda's song at the end was very good - Kieth should have done the whole Bill O'Reilly thingy to lead up to it.