Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-04-2009, 10:18 AM   #21 (permalink)

Chemda's rendition of Summertime was ayces!

As far as douchebag celebrities go ... I will borrow from Forrest Gump.

"Stupid is as stupid does."

Perhaps there should be a civil version of Keith's justice applied here. If you act like a two year old, then we treat you like a two year old. Start behaving and you can order for yourself in restaurants and cross the street without holding your agent's hand, until then it's bibs and babyfood, Bale.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #22 (permalink)

HILARIOUS show, i'm listening to it now
Old 02-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
I just started listening but had to chime in on the question about Chemda freaking out on tape. How about Keith and The Girl Live on a Big Boat (keithandthegirl.com/store) when she kicked over drinks and ripped up cards when she lost at poker. Or Keith and The Girl TV when Rock 'em, Sock 'em Robots sounded like bowling. Yeah, i think she could freak out.

Well, let's see, in the KATGtv episode, it seemed as though she caught them cheating, and she didn't verbally abuse them she just threw a tantrum. It lasted a short time and became comedy gold. So, yeah, not really the same at all. So, since said comedy gold had been born Chemda, admittedly went above and beyond on the boat because she knew it was entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
Holy shit, I completely agree with spooky.

Keith, let's say you were doing something you cared about professionally, like maybe this show, and the Intern not once but twice does something that causes you to have to start the show over. Let's say he screams your address into the mic or something. Would you not go apeshit on him for a little bit? And then, if while you're chewing him out, he talks back to you and tells you to relax, wouldn't you go even more ballistic?

Also, on a side note, Keith, I don't know why McNally and spooky continually let you shit on them about how adults are supposed to act in the real world. Yeah, they can both be socially retarded at times, but they're not always wrong, and you're no fucking authority on social intercourse. Ya retard.
I thought the first analogy was the ultimate in "reaching" in order to call bullshit on Keith and or Chemda. Then I read this. You win!
Old 02-04-2009, 11:03 AM   #24 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Holy shit, I completely agree with spooky.

Keith, let's say you were doing something you cared about professionally, like maybe this show, and the Intern not once but twice does something that causes you to have to start the show over. Let's say he screams your address into the mic or something. Would you not go apeshit on him for a little bit? And then, if while you're chewing him out, he talks back to you and tells you to relax, wouldn't you go even more ballistic?
Keith, is in a sense the director of Keith and the Girl. If it's his place to put people in line, then it would be justified... however threatening to kick his ass would be completely out of line. If the intern did this on maliciously, of course he deserves to be attacked. This guy did this because he was trying to make the movie better (if it's true that he was adjusting the lighting on set during the scene). If intern did something, trying to make the show better and it screwed up the show, then going ballistic would be out of line. Your analogy doesn't apply here.

The DP said relax very non aggressively and was trying to calm the situation down. He handled this WAY better than 99% of the population would. This didn't justify further aggression.

It Christian Bale would have said "get off the fucking scene, you douchebag" and left it at that, we'd never have known about it and it wouldn't be an issue. He went on a four minute tirade in which he threatened to kick his ass, among other thing. I will never understand people who find this appropriate and immediately write them off as either trying to stir the pot or Christian Bale fanboys.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
People get mad when other people fuck with their shit. You guys are a bunch of pussies.

and wow, I 100% agree with Sajizzle. what bizarro world have we entered where me and him agree and Keith is the social behavior conservative wanting everyone talked to like children, lest they feel uncomfortable? Next, it'll be, "why cant they just say they were wrong in a black pen, why does it have to be red?"

lol. *hugs* keith
Old 02-04-2009, 11:22 AM   #26 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

"I'm going to kick your ass" = talking to people like an adult.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:37 AM   #27 (permalink)

Please tell me one other job where someone can totally blow up like that and threaten to kick someone's ass, without any consequence's. He was TOTALLY out of line. I don't care how much he's getting paid. Professional athletes get paid alot of money, but I don't see them telling their coach or owner that he's going to kick their fucking ass. And why don't we see that? Because that player would be fined, suspended, or released. Because there is no room for that kind of behavior in a professional environment. The fact of the matter is, no matter what job your doing, there will always be someone that will piss you off. Or screw something up. A true professional does not go ballistic for 5 minutes and threaten people. I don't know about you.. But I sure as hell would not want to work in an envirornment where people were allowed to act in that manner. Thats just silly goose
Old 02-04-2009, 11:41 AM   #28 (permalink)

Fuck you and welcome to the forums.

Sales managers for a really shitty, commission only sales jobs where sales people go to start their careers or die of alcohol poisoning get to blow up like Bale.

Glengarry Glen Ross was not far from the truth.

Old 02-04-2009, 11:52 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogbear63 View Post
Linda Hamilton wasn't bad at all in the flick. Furlong sucked, but it didn't ruin the movie.
I laughed at Hamilton's overacting the minute she appeared on-screen, just like I did with Furlong. Her overwrought monologue near the end of the movie was hilarious. Arnold was far and away the best actor in the movie, and that's pretty sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogbear63 View Post
People weren't flocking to T2 for the performances of talented actors. It was for plot (which absolutely ruled and trumps Transformers) and groundbreaking special effects. T2's effects were FAR more groundbreaking than Transformers. Comparing the special effects of the two films is like comparing the box office grosses... adjust for inflation.
Okay, see, I don't think it was plot. It was the effects. That's the only thing anyone remembers from that movie.

But stating how impressive it was for the time only explains why people liked it. How good something was has no effect on anyone's enjoyment of it today.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_d View Post
Okay, so the special effects in Transformers were better than those of T2. You can't really dispute that, it's true. BUT the shit they did back in '92, the pre 'CG All-over-the-place' bullshit we have today, was impressive. That movie had little to no special effects, it was all done with make up (except a few T1000 scenes), and real fuckin vehicles! Transformers was Shia LaDouche in front of a green screen for 3 hours. I can appreciate both, but T2 was fuckin mindblowing back in 1992! The shit they did was very impressive for its time. And as for the acting, they were all robots, so that is how they acted! Okay the kid who played John Connor kinda sucked, but don't bring Transformers into an argument and talk about bad acting!
I've gotta admit, right?

This isn't 1992.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not Intern's job to yell shit into the mic. It's the lighting guy's job to fix a light. And name me one art school where you're screamed at and violence is threatened against you because your painting needs improvement.

Bale went on forever and would not stop, and when he threatened to kick the guy's ass he sounded like he was knocking things over. There's drugs in his system, that or he needs the legal kind. You behave that way anywhere else and you get ARRESTED.

Last edited by BetterThanHitler; 02-04-2009 at 12:04 PM.