Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-05-2009, 05:37 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
The south's argument over slavery not being the central issue with secession is pretty much compleat bullshit. The records show that the states were extreamly fearful of the slave being emancipated. Alexander Stevens, the vice president of the Confederacy, claimed that seceding was to show "the proper status of the Negro in our forms of civilization.”

And other prominate figured in the confederacy believed “Lincoln stood for one dogma- the equality of the races, white and black.”

I got a whole term paper full of these quotes.
And the other prominate figured it out.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:08 AM   #12 (permalink)

For starters, I could listen to Chemda yelling all day. It's very hot and I'd like more of it, kthx.

Secondly, I am as Southern as fried okra and sweet tea but you will not find a confederate flag anywhere near me. Good gravy, the boys that are still flying the stars and bars are all retards. They can't string together a cohesive sentence much less a logical argument for their bigotry. You can find them sitting at gas stations selling flags and bandanas or at antique malls and flea market booths that sell nothing BUT confederate apparel and Disney's "Song of the South." They will be chewing tobacco, wearing carharts or RealTree camo, and the ever snazzy fishook on the ballcap brim.

If you've never seen "My Big Redneck Wedding" on CMT, do so. These are the bumfucks still holding on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #13 (permalink)

I'm not sure how much this will add to the argument at all and I'm not sure how vaild this this, but:

Q: What's the salary for a Director of Photography?

A: I earn +300k per year in Michigan.
If you're out in Hollywood or Chicago; probably closer to +500k-600k

Got it here: WikiAnswers - Salary for director of photography
Old 02-05-2009, 09:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

So where I'm from, just south of Nashville, TN in a town called Brentwood, on the side of I-65N, there stands a giant, ugly-ass (& humorously disproportioned!) statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest, lined on either side with a babillion confederate flags. It's been there for several years now & I DESPISE THIS FUCKING STATUE. Whenever I drive by it, I clench my teeth & curse at it & dream about driving off of the interstate & running it down with my vehicle.

Anyway, I have been told that I am ignorant about this man, that I have formed an uneducated opinion about him, & that my disgust for the statue is unfounded, which is simply NOT TRUE. I've read plenty about him, from several different sources, & I simply do not feel that a statues should be erected in this man's honor! Period. Ok, so the man was a great Civil War hero that never lost a battle. Whoopdi fucking doo. The man was ALSO the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, which granted, was not originally founded as the inconceivably violent organization of despicable monsters it became, but was a group of intolerant, white supremacist fucktards all the same. It just makes me want to vomit.

Sorry for the rant. Here's a picture of this steaming pile of shit...

Last edited by Indecisive Twit; 02-05-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:25 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsy View Post
I worked with these twin lesbians, who looked like dudes and drove a pickup truck with a huge confederate flag flying from it.
I once worked with a lesbian who was quite the stereotype (mullet, flannel, liked girls) except that she was super-Republican. One morning I said to my wife, "the office Lesbian just loves Bush!"
My wife stared for a few seconds, then laughed at me. For hours.

Re: Flags
I really don't care whether a person is gay or not and I think that they should have rights as equal as anyone. However, I'm not going to fly a rainbow flag, even though everyone likes a good rainbow. Rainbow flags and stickers and whatnot are a symbol of being a homosexual, even though rainbows existed far longer than gay people. If I had a rainbow flag it would tell people that I'm gay and I'm just not.
Also, everyone knows that the swastika used to be a good-luck symbol until the Nazis used it. Now it symbolizes hate. Just try and have something with a swastika on it and explain to people that it's a good-luck charm and you aren't actually a Nazi.
Fact: Confederate Flag is seen as promoting anti-black racism. If you have one, that's what you're telling people.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:38 AM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Yes there is a Nintendo game to help you stop smoking. It's for the handheld DS and it's called Allen Carr's "Easyway".

I'd heard about it a while back on the Penny Arcade podcast but I'm not sure if it ever got released. They really are working on it though.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:10 AM   #17 (permalink)

regarding prosecution of Phelps for smoking pot: Its a pretty common urban legend (at least amoungst many drug users) that its not illegal to *do* drugs, it is only legal to *have* drugs. This is, more or less, true, as the burden of proof is signifigantly harder to obtain without direct proof - i.e possession.

A picture of someone smoking from a "water pipe" would not be admissible in court as evidence, as you cannot prove that the substance in the "water pipe" is an illegal substance. "Water pipes" are legal in most states, as they are sold as tobacco smoking devices (and is also the reason head shops will not allow you to use the word "bong" in their store), but there are states where they are illegal, even for use with tobacco.

Being under the influence of illegal narcotics is also not technically illegal in most cases, as long as you are not doing anything covered by your standard intoxication laws (such as driving). You can still be picked up under the same prinicple as "Drunk In Public" circumstances, but that usually involves being more than just visibly intoxicated, but also reckless and disorderly, and this case would also provide the officer with probable cause for search.

And *that's* how you get busted - providing probable cause for search, and getting busted for possession. Its not illegal to smoke from a "water pipe" but if you do it in public and a cop sees you and comes over and smells (or says they smell) pot in the air, they have probable cause to search you and your "water pipe". If a cop sees you stumbling around like Steven Addler on a day ending in Y, they have probable cause to detain and search you.

It is also not illegal to admit having done illegal narcotics in the past. This is why nothing happened to Bill clinton for admitting to "not inhaling" pot, or Obamas admission of cocaine use. I do not know the specifics as to why this is any different than admitting to, say, a murder or a bank heist, but again, I believe that ties back in with the burdon of proof. I would guess that without physical proof that a crime was committed or there being an ongoing investigation of the crime, then the admissions are protected under the first ammendment?

All that beign said, Drugs are Bad, mmmkay? It starts out with an innocent toke on a doobie, next thing you know you're makin' this guy look like a boy scout

Last edited by Spencer; 02-05-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

Jesse's background beatboxing FTW.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motownguy View Post
Jesse's background beatboxing FTW.
WORD!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #20 (permalink)

To be clear...

When I posted "Pussy", I was referring to the person who wrote the article that the link in the post I quoted. He was tryinjg to justify Bale's behavior. He's a douce, so is Bale.