Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-06-2009, 08:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Awesome show as always. Happy late birthday Patrice. Still the best guest ever
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:11 AM   #12 (permalink)

Here's a Christian Bale vs Bill O'Reilly spoof that is done pretty fucking well. Laugh your asses off peeps.

Christian Bale vs. Bill O'Reilly Spoof - Video
Old 02-06-2009, 10:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Angie the Strange - I second Chemda's vote! I a little biased since I work in a call center; but I also thought it was brilliant and well spoken.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

I hope the Intern has the runs again!

Last edited by Voice Mailbourne; 09-02-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

Angie's was great but I can't get enough of BigJim's site. LOL Calling from the bathtub? Wow!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #16 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

"I had $5,000 in the 'fuck you fund', now what am i supposed to do?"

Holy shit, Patrice cracks me up. I about lost it right there. Great show....and Angie's stand-up FTW!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

I am glad a canadian finally came through with a good standup submission. I am no longer fearful that I might win.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_d View Post
Great episode gang! I always enjoy Thursdays with Patrice! I was shocked to hear about how ridiculous the whole Stand Up contest is getting. People are now lashing out on their own little podcasts because Keith 'made fun of you'? Grow the fuck up! Comedy (Stand Up, especially) is always going to be subjective, which means your submission either genuinely sucked ass or it just wasn't their thing. The End. I submitted two this year, one was only played halfway and the other never even aired. So now I should blog about how horrible Keith and Chemda are?! Spice my angry tirade up with racist comments?! Grow the fuck up! And remember, there's always next year..... smile everyone
The biggest thing people should consider when submitting standup is that there is a rhythm to it, just like a sitcom or any other form of writing. On a sitcom, there is a base rule of three laughs per page of script. In standup, you'll notice there is usually a max length of time between laughs. An audience will not enjoy a comedian if they wait too long to laugh again - after all, that's what they came for. For those of you who want to submit standup next year, take the time to study standup. Watch a few comedians and get a stopwatch if you have to, and time how long they go between laughs. There is a formula and a rhythm, and it's not easy to get, but it can be done.

Also, for my own personal take, too many of you are submitting jokes you think Keith will like, forgetting that he's not solely choosing who opens for him. All of these racist jokes and bodily function jokes are not for everyone, and turn off as many people as they entertain. How about something a little more intelligent? There was/is so much good material to choose from this year, from Palin to Blagojevich to Phelps to the Octopussy mom, that you shouldn't just have to resort to dick and fart and nigger jokes as though it's the only thing to garner laughs.

Best to everyone who submitted, or wants to.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:30 AM   #19 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
Also, for my own personal take, too many of you are submitting jokes you think Keith will like, forgetting that he's not solely choosing who opens for him. All of these racist jokes and bodily function jokes are not for everyone, and turn off as many people as they entertain. How about something a little more intelligent? There was/is so much good material to choose from this year, from Palin to Blagojevich to Phelps to the Octopussy mom, that you shouldn't just have to resort to dick and fart and nigger jokes as though it's the only thing to garner laughs.

Best to everyone who submitted, or wants to.
Fair enough, but you ever heard "Dance With The One Who Brung Ya". Worked the first time, figured it'd work again.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:06 PM   #20 (permalink)

I was a phone-monkey for Disney Interactive for a while, so call-centre jokes are always welcome. She gets my vote.