Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #11 (permalink)

Considering the magnitude of their error, why aren't you pursuing a lawsuit against them? Are you trying to stop the selling of these books? For the ones sold, are you receiving compensation?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #12 (permalink)

Along the lines of the fraudulent radio contest with $1,000,000 do you remember when Pepsi had a tv commercial offering a Harrier fighter jet for something like $7,000,000 points? Obviously, no human could accumulate that many points, until some kid got corporate sponsorship and bought truckloads of Pepsi. I think he sued to get his fighter jet, or the equivalent value.

http://frank.mtsu.edu/~lburriss/harrier.html
Old 02-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #13 (permalink)

See it doesn't matter if it would seem implausible, they made the offer and got called on it. I smell corruption that Pepsi got away with this. The law is the law.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)

On live music:

I had the chance to be in the 96 Olympic ceremonies and walked away because they would not let me play live. I was in the Atlanta Olympic Band and we'd do performances around to pimp the olympics. We got to be in the Macy's Day parade and what-not. When time came close to the opening ceremonies, we were told that we would not be playing at all, but just standing there pretending to play. On top of that, it wouldn't even be our recording that was playing over it. A "professional" band was hired to record the scores that we were supposed to be playing. So I gave them the double flip-off walked out right there and then. Because some people have standards.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post
Of course this never made it onto any magazine, newspaper, or news channels except for Fox News who were grasping at straws trying to find anything on Obama while Palin was running her mouth and ruining the campaign for McCain. So the only people who heard about this were people who actually watch Fox News, like my parents.

That theory was also heavily discussed on progressive radio programs, blogs, and online news outlets as yet another retarded attempt to discredit Obama, along with his "fake" birth certificate, the secret Michelle "kill whitey" tape, etc. I never watch Fox news but I heard about all those stupid little ideas.

On the flip side, how many people know that a gay male prostitute named Jeff Gannon had unprecedented access to White House press briefings during the Bush administration, to the point that he was able to lob several softball questions to the big guy himself? Not many, because the mainstream press never picked up on that story, either.
Old 02-10-2009, 09:08 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tocksin View Post
On live music:

I had the chance to be in the 96 Olympic ceremonies and walked away because they would not let me play live. I was in the Atlanta Olympic Band and we'd do performances around to pimp the olympics. We got to be in the Macy's Day parade and what-not. When time came close to the opening ceremonies, we were told that we would not be playing at all, but just standing there pretending to play. On top of that, it wouldn't even be our recording that was playing over it. A "professional" band was hired to record the scores that we were supposed to be playing. So I gave them the double flip-off walked out right there and then. Because some people have standards.
Cue Bale Soundboard: OOHHH GOOD FOR YOUU!!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm only five minutes into the show and the sound is bugging me.

Downloaded through iTunes.

Is it the codec that iTunes uses or is there something wrong with the limiter...or what??

Keith and Chemda's voices both have an over-driven quality that may make this episode unlistenable for me.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSLIN View Post
I'm only five minutes into the show and the sound is bugging me.

Downloaded through iTunes.

Is it the codec that iTunes uses or is there something wrong with the limiter...or what??

Keith and Chemda's voices both have an over-driven quality that may make this episode unlistenable for me.

Odd I got the episode via iTunes and it sounded fine to me.
Maybe check your soundcard drivers?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:49 AM   #19 (permalink)

From wiki;

Sippin' on Some Syrup

"Syrup" (pronounced by some "sizzurp") is a slang term for a recreational drug made from prescription cough medicine that contains promethazine and codeine. The most popular way of preparing the "drank" for consumption is by mixing it with Sprite and Jolly Ranchers in a styrofoam cup.
Old 02-12-2009, 04:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
From wiki;

Sippin' on Some Syrup

"Syrup" (pronounced by some "sizzurp") is a slang term for a recreational drug made from prescription cough medicine that contains promethazine and codeine. The most popular way of preparing the "drank" for consumption is by mixing it with Sprite and Jolly Ranchers in a styrofoam cup.
Elegant.

"I don't do crack, crack is cheap."