Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #21 (permalink)

Myq about shrooms not being dangerous. That is BS, you most certainly can die from shrooms. Not everything that grows out of cow shit is safe for consumption. If the person who harvests the shrooms screws up, you die.

Meat is murder, but it's tasty, tasty murder.

Oh, and they absolutely do not put people who attempt suicide in jail, they are put in a psych ward for evaluation and observation.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:51 AM   #22 (permalink)

I've never done shrooms, but I've been the babysitter for several shroomers.

In my opinion the most dangerous thing about shrooms is the person on them. Depending on what goes on in your own internal psyche, there is some real potential to do yourself harm. Have a babysitter.

Personally, I don't think drugs of any kind should be illegal. Prohibition just drives a product underground, increases price (increasing the possibilities of violence), and decreases quality.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #23 (permalink)

Canadian pot laws

Contrary to what Myq and Spooky believe, marijuana has NOT been decriminalized in Canada.

Cannabis legalization in Canada - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-13-2009, 01:21 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by apikorus View Post
"I think that sometimes in a larger context, society, um like if all society is wrong then that is wrong and it shouldn't be that way." -Myq Kaplan

and the Iraq and such as...
What's funny is that if all of society is a certain way, then that's the norm, and that's how something becomes socially acceptable. So Myq is wrong.
Old 02-13-2009, 01:25 PM   #25 (permalink)

Christ, I had forgotten the smell at SDCC. I did wind up sleeping on the floor of the hotel room of a really hot booth babe. She was into me, but I was seeing Amber at the time, so nothing happened....that was my trip highlight, which is pretty low. /sigh
Old 02-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I agree with Spooky that marriage should be exclusively religious and civil unions should be a state issue except that I think civil unions should be allowed for any number if consenting, sound adults of any sex, and not just 2.
Well, what is marriage if not a civil union in the eyes of the church? The fact that marriage is an issue because the bible says this and that is not separating church and state. Marriage, according to the bible, is a civil union meant for the creation of a family. If we were a society based solely on the bible, then a couple who marries but doesn't have children should have their marriage annulled by the church. But since that's an old definition of marriage (most commonly applied during Renaissance European days), then why should a hetero couple who chooses not to have children be any different from a same-sex couple? If it's not an issue of children anymore, then who chooses to marry should not be relevant to the state. The church will always be the church.

My personal belief, if you can't already tell, is that two people who love each other and vow to spend the rest of their lives together should be allowed to be joined in marriage for the purposes of taxes, medical care, and whatever else you need next of kin for. It's really none of my business if it's two chicks or two dudes who want to make the union official. Divorce, if it comes to it, will be just as expensive and stressful for them as it would be for a hetero couple.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:34 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
Well, what is marriage if not a civil union in the eyes of the church?
exactly. i dont see why the government feels the need to oppress people's religious freedom, it never should have gotten involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
My personal belief, if you can't already tell, is that two people who love each other and vow to spend the rest of their lives together should be allowed to be joined in marriage for the purposes of taxes, medical care, and whatever else you need next of kin for. It's really none of my business if it's two chicks or two dudes who want to make the union official. Divorce, if it comes to it, will be just as expensive and stressful for them as it would be for a hetero couple.
wait, you just went back on what you said...so you believe the government SHOULD impede people's personal freedom? but then you preach against it? im confused....

if you cherry pick your morals, nobody will ever take you seriously
Old 02-14-2009, 02:30 PM   #28 (permalink)

This is why I think it'll be faster just to make gay marriage and polygamy legal because there's no way that we'll see a separation of church and state in terms of marriage anytime soon.

The church leaders want too badly to be able to influence society through what little hold they still have over civil matters. If we were able to separate civil partnerships and religious marriage, there would no longer be a big issue in the church as to gay marriage or not because a marriage inside the church would only matter to the congregation, and not nationally. And I understand that it's the same right now, getting the marriage license is the civil step and getting married is the religious one, but you need the first to get the second most cases, and who gets married today in the Little Rock Episcopal Church of the Lord will be federally recognized, while two dudes who sign the civil papers in California will never be.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:02 PM   #29 (permalink)

Harry Pooter...

I remember when Kieth originally told this story, I believed him 100 percent.., i think i interpreted him saying that Harry Potter shit himself as Harry Potter cutting loud juicy farts... I dont know if he let on that he was just joking about that story later on in that podcast, but if he did, i missed it.
So to hear the truth now... wow.. ya got me, i believed it. I don't know if that illustrates my low intelligence or my belief that the Harry Potter movies are devoid of intelligence... maybe both.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:16 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
exactly. i dont see why the government feels the need to oppress people's religious freedom, it never should have gotten involved.

wait, you just went back on what you said...so you believe the government SHOULD impede people's personal freedom? but then you preach against it? im confused....

if you cherry pick your morals, nobody will ever take you seriously
What I mean is that it is up to neither the government nor the church to decide who gets to be married to whom. For the government to say that marriage is between a man and a woman is to uphold the church's belief, which conflicts the separation of church and state. Marriage is a civil union that allows two people to join legally. It shouldn't be up to the government to decide who those two people are.