Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

899: Real Talk

"I get it; you got AIDS. Let's play some music."

FMOS on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #2 (permalink)

I disagree with Chemda's assessment of the guy who wrote in about his relationship with the single mom (with the baby daddy in jail).

She basically said "who are you to judge? You are probably no better. Maybe you can do no better than her." That's some b.s. To tell someone to turn their filter off is so foul. The guy wasn't even judging or talking bad about the woman, he just wanted advice.

Chemda once dismissed an ex-boyfriend as a "mama's boy". She used her "judgement" in seeing that the guy wasn't right for her. That is all the advice-seeker was trying to do.

Here's the real advice in that situation: No one should get involved with some single parent who had the bad judgement to have a baby with a criminal, even if it's just to save themselves the drama, heartache and trouble, of which they will see no positive return except for sex. Single dudes and dudettes, avoid "ghetto" single parents and avoid "Octopussy". An Octopussy is a single mother with more than one child by more than one baby-daddy. The term was inspired by the octo-mom and was created on KATG 899 and the official definition above, was written by me. This term should be entered into the urban lexicon (And I know octo means "eight" but the it is an exaggeration like a woman calling a grabby date "octopus hands".)

Last edited by Andrea's toothbrush; 02-14-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-14-2009, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea's toothbrush View Post
I disagree with Chemda's assessment of the guy who wrote in about his relationship with the single mom (with the baby daddy in jail).

She basically said "who are you to judge? You are probably no better. Maybe you can do no better than her." That's some b.s. To tell someone to turn their filter off is so foul. The guy wasn't even judging or talking bad about the woman, he just wanted advice.

Chemda once dismissed an ex-boyfriend as a "mama's boy". She used her "judgement" in seeing that the guy wasn't right for her. That is all the advice-seeker was trying to do.

Here's the real advice in that situation: No one should get involved with some single parent who had the bad judgement to have a baby with a criminal, even if it's just to save themselves the drama, heartache and trouble, of which they will see no positive return except for sex. Single dudes and dudettes, avoid "ghetto" single parents and avoid "Octopussy". An Octopussy is a single mother with more than one child by more than one baby-daddy. The term was inspired by the octo-mom and was created on KATG 899 and the official definition above, was written by me. This term should be entered into the urban lexicon (And I know octo means "eight" but the it is an exaggeration like a woman calling a grabby date "octopus hands".)
Now who's being judgemental? You think it's okay to hold it against someone for the rest of their lives for something they may have done at one point, that they may now have moved on from, looking for a fresh start? You truly have no forgiveness? You are blanketing all crimes and all single parents as "ghetto." And all I can say to you about that is fuck you. There are a lot of people who fell in love, made mistakes, have to live with it, and don't need you to judge them for wanting to move on.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Haven't listened to the episode yet but it's completely cool to have standards when dating. If someone thinks they are above dealing with a baby mom-type then that's just their opinion man. Maybe they are hurting themselves in the long run by dismissing a lot of good women who happen to have kids, but that's all on them. To me it's the same as someone saying they don't want to date a person with a job that takes up all their time or a person who has recently been divorced.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea's toothbrush View Post
Single dudes and dudettes, avoid "ghetto" single parents and avoid "Octopussy". An Octopussy is a single mother with more than one child by more than one baby-daddy. The term was inspired by the octo-mom and was created on KATG 899 and the official definition above, was written by me. This term should be entered into the urban lexicon (And I know octo means "eight" but the it is an exaggeration like a woman calling a grabby date "octopus hands".)
No need to make up a new term....A woman with multiple can'tdoright fathers to her children is known as Triflin'.

Notice the can'tdoright fathers are a factor as much as she is. A single woman w/ multiple fathers to her children isn't instantly an "Octopusssy" or anything else.

If that's the case my mom who has 2 kids by 2 husbands would be one. And the lord smiled the day my parents got divorced I'm sure of it.

My grandmother would be one as well since my paternal grandfather died and she remarried and had another child.

Also feel free to apply Triflin' to a guy who has multiple children by multiple women and can't seem to do anything of merit for any of his kids. Or call him an Octopeen.

whatevs.

Twitters

"Be gone, back to the cave from which you came." -Abs

"No, you can't go. He's a pederast."- Nick Postagulous
Old 02-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
No need to make up a new term....A woman with multiple can'tdoright fathers to her children is known as Triflin'.

Notice the can'tdoright fathers are a factor as much as she is. A single woman w/ multiple fathers to her children isn't instantly an "Octopusssy" or anything else.

If that's the case my mom who has 2 kids by 2 husbands would be one. And the lord smiled the day my parents got divorced I'm sure of it.

My grandmother would be one as well since my paternal grandfather died and she remarried and had another child.

Also feel free to apply Triflin' to a guy who has multiple children by multiple women and can't seem to do anything of merit for any of his kids. Or call him an Octopeen.

whatevs.
Agreed. Triflin' already sums up the entire situation quite accurately.
Old 02-16-2009, 12:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

So, Negro is considered derogatory. Black is okay again.

When are we tearing down the openly racist institution, The United Negro College Fund? /sigh

While I am perfectly happy to have words come and go, the English language is an organic beast, I think it is ridiculous that we base it on style, fads, things that change year to year, or season to season, and then hold people accountable for, even judge them by their use.

Black, it sounds like, is okay again, in 2006 I was told in public that it was racist. African American as it is used in America(to describe Blacks that are native born in America and those from Africa), I believe we all agree is an attempt to popularize blatant ignorance, I couldn't tell you if it was Blacks or ultra liberal (guilty) Whites that introduced the term endearingly, or possibly rednecks looking to just make people look stupid.

I assume at some point, Black will be a slur again.

Can't we just adopt an actual African word for the race distinction? One that perhaps will not make you racist for using it one year, and racist for not using it the next, assuming you aren't plugged into MTV 24/7?

Does anyone think this quarterly update of how we refer to 12% of all of us Americans actually helps race relations? Or does it make them worse?

For the record(or your judgment), I am white and grew up in a military town in Texas where roughly 30% of the population was Black.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 02-16-2009, 01:55 AM   #8 (permalink)

a friend of mine is half Egyptian (and half white). We used to joke that she's African-American. However, a quick glance at her skin will tell you she's not a person of colour. See this is the trouble with classifications.

The real point to ponder is why is it ok to call someone White of Black, but it's not ok to call someone Brown, Red, Yellow, or anything else colourful.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
So, Negro is considered derogatory. Black is okay again.

When are we tearing down the openly racist institution, The United Negro College Fund? /sigh

While I am perfectly happy to have words come and go, the English language is an organic beast, I think it is ridiculous that we base it on style, fads, things that change year to year, or season to season, and then hold people accountable for, even judge them by their use.

Black, it sounds like, is okay again, in 2006 I was told in public that it was racist. African American as it is used in America(to describe Blacks that are native born in America and those from Africa), I believe we all agree is an attempt to popularize blatant ignorance, I couldn't tell you if it was Blacks or ultra liberal (guilty) Whites that introduced the term endearingly, or possibly rednecks looking to just make people look stupid.

I assume at some point, Black will be a slur again.

Can't we just adopt an actual African word for the race distinction? One that perhaps will not make you racist for using it one year, and racist for not using it the next, assuming you aren't plugged into MTV 24/7?

Does anyone think this quarterly update of how we refer to 12% of all of us Americans actually helps race relations? Or does it make them worse?

For the record(or your judgment), I am white and grew up in a military town in Texas where roughly 30% of the population was Black.
In 2006 who told you it was racist? Did everyone else seem to not have a problem except for this one person?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

In my neighborhood, the coffee shop I regularly frequent, the gym, and my office ... there are eight people that I speak to every day who could be described at black or African American. I call them:

Rick
Joe
Tiny
Barb
Jo
Desiree
Robert
and Sean