Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

Old 02-16-2009, 04:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea's toothbrush View Post
Okay. But as for your mom and grandma...I was referring mostly to the "triflin'" type who continue to pick career criminals as fathers to their children.
You should've made that distinction at the time.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 06:45 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Do you come from a broken home? How are you not aware of that, did you not have grandparents?
You're saying because my grandparents didn't use the word 'negro' to describe black people, I'm out of touch. Wow. I submit that the black people in your town were still using that term because your town was a out of step with the rest of America (and the blacks in your town were probably scared shitless, being in a majority white Texas town. "YEEEEE HAW!"). You and your attitudes about most subjects (expressed on this forum and your KATG appearances) support that argument.

You called me a bigot with no evidence of bigotry on my part. But I can prove that I am not a bigot. Because if being only one of two white people in your group of twelve friends makes YOU "colorblind"(despite racist remarks made by you regularly on KATG), then the fact that I download, listen to and support white Keith and Jewish Chemda makes me "accepting of all races".

Peace.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

No, Spooky.

Quote:
Can't we just adopt an actual African word for the race distinction?
Nope. There's no such thing as an African word. Africa is a massive continent, with many countries, nations, tribes, races, creeds, religions and languages.

I'm tired of the politically correct jockeying over the "correct" words, as you seem to be. Someday maybe we'll get past this in this country, but I don't see it happening soon.

In the meantime, we risk being seen as insensitive every time we utter a word that is supposed to signify a race, religion or nation. We'll just have to learn not to care.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator View Post
I'm tired of the politically correct jockeying over the "correct" words, as you seem to be. Someday maybe we'll get past this in this country, but I don't see it happening soon.

I don't think we'll get past it as much as we will continue to evolve phrases and meanings so much so that we forget what we used to call it at one time.

And...FUUUUUUUUUUCK You! Welcome to the forums!
Old 02-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
You're saying because my grandparents didn't use the word 'negro' to describe black people, I'm out of touch. Wow. I submit that the black people in your town were still using that term because your town was a out of step with the rest of America (and the blacks in your town were probably scared shitless, being in a majority white Texas town. "YEEEEE HAW!").

Per capita, it has a much higher Black population than even NYC, my little white Texas birthplace. 45.78% White, 33.49% Black. I told you it was military, my fault for not explaining that the Army is largely Black. Now you know. Also, just for your information, the Army is made up of people from all over the US, including L.A., meaning they likely arent coming from generations of just my small town white oppression.

Quote:
You and your attitudes about most subjects (expressed on this forum and your KATG appearances) support that argument.

Ah, so you have heard me before, and are aware of where I am from and what I have said about it. Why, then, do you feign ignorance? I guess I did not need to tell you any of those racial statistics, you were just being pretend-stupid. (oh, and feel free to link me to any racist posts on the forums you believe me to have made)

And yes, your grandparents were out of touch with mainstream America. In the 60s and 70s, Negro was the term commonly used and showed the most respect. That is a fact, not one you can argue, it is history. Are you attempting to say that my statement, that there has long been many changes in what is acceptable and what is derogatory, that they have sometimes reversed themselves in very short periods, is false? And then you seem to think it is me that is out of touch?

I bet you are, once again, just feigning ignorance. Is this a test? Are you testing me?

Quote:
You called me a bigot with no evidence of bigotry on my part. But I can prove that I am not a bigot(white Texas town. "YEEEEE HAW!"). Because if being only one of two white people in your group of twelve friends makes YOU "colorblind"(despite racist remarks made by you regularly on KATG), then the fact that I download, listen to and support white Keith and Jewish Chemda makes me "accepting of all races".
You really think liking the comedy stylings of a person is on the same level as being friends with a person? Did you know I think Alec Baldwin is hilarious? I guess that means I am a democrat, and me and him are buddies. Just because some cracker likes the house nigger doesn't mean they arent racist.

You labeled me based on...(white Texas town. "YEEEEE HAW!")well, where I am from, it sounds like. Even in this post, you prejudge me, my past, the people where I am from. That whole part where you pre-judge, it is called prejudice, if you look, it actually even looks the same, pre-judge, pre-judgidice.

When someone pre-judges, I feel like it isnt going out on a limb to accuse them of being prejudiced. I have judged you on the content of your charcter, I do not even know where you are from.

Quote:
Peace.
This argument is done, I did not realize I was talking to an idiot, real or pretend. Had I known, I would have never replied. I should have known, and that makes me the bigger idiot.

No peace, bigot. Only pwn.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:22 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Senator View Post
Nope. There's no such thing as an African word. Africa is a massive continent, with many countries, nations, tribes, races, creeds, religions and languages.
We conjured Kwanzaa, that is a whole holiday. How about we conjure just a word? I don't think the people in the US of African origin are offended if they originate from an area not along the Kwanzaa river(i admit, i had to wiki where it came from) or if they arent Swahili, i should add.(im pretty ignorant of the holiday in general)

And yeah, Africa is nuts, and the British did not do it much service when it cut the continent up into 50 or so countries, it's partly responsible for many of the wars happening today. Some Africans believe that it should be 100+ countries.

Last edited by spooky; 02-16-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:42 PM   #27 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Just seems to me it's like asking for the Native American word for something. Each tribe/nation has a different language.

Thanks for the "FUUUUUCk You", B.E.B! Glad to be on the forums.
Old 02-17-2009, 04:52 AM   #28 (permalink)

Negro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 02-17-2009, 06:53 AM   #29 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
So, Negro is considered derogatory. Black is okay again.

You can call me black or negro any time Spooky. Personally I hate African American I have no connection to that continent, my family is from the Caribbean and that's as far back as I need to go.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 AM   #30 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
We conjured Kwanzaa,

And yeah, Africa is nuts, and the British did not do it much service when it cut the continent up into 50 or so countries, it's partly responsible for many of the wars happening today. Some Africans believe that it should be 100+ countries.
from Wikipedia
Ron Karenga created Kwanzaa in 1966 as the first specifically African-American holiday.[2] Karenga said his goal was to "...give Blacks an alternative to the existing holiday and give Blacks an opportunity to celebrate themselves and history, rather than simply imitate the practice of the dominant society."[3] The name Kwanzaa derives from the Swahili phrase "matunda ya kwanza", meaning "first fruits"

Actually countries settled by the British typically got some infrastructure (schools, railroads etc) out of the deal The Dutch and the Germans are the motherfuckers of colonialism they pimped you dry and rolled out.