Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who are the worst: Nazis or Arab Extremists?
Nazis 127 46.86%
Arab Extremists 144 53.14%
Voters: 271. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Matt isn't completely wrong about the sampling / music thing.
But some of the other points regarding extremists, etc. are suspect.

However, design was a huge part of Nazism. Goebbels' and Hitler's branding, including strong colouring, flag proportions, symbols, etc., was almost as effective as the political aspect of the campaign. The aesthetics were a huge part of Nazism (particularly evidenced by his obsession with keeping a certain look for every person).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

The Nazis loved art so much that when they rode into town they destroyed all the art.

(This of course isn't why I believe Nazis are the worst. There's a lot of "art" I can do without also...)
Old 02-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #13 (permalink)

I vote dinosaurs because I grew up on The Land Before Time and that little whore of a yellow three horn Cera was a bitch.
Old 02-21-2009, 12:43 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis View Post
Matt is such an idiot... I can't stand listening to his stupidity. Everytime he's on as a guest i get the urge to just skip the episode. Please no more of him, he's really annoying.
Quit bitching and just skip the fucking show instead of listening to it just to have something to bitch about, retard.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
On the other hand, they treat their own people well. Arabs are shitty to their own people.
Yeah but they aren't as organized IMO. Therefore they are more bark than bite.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
I voted Arab Extremists.

At least Nazis have cute teen girls that play sweet, cheery music... even if it is hate inspired.
I don't know why you take issue against the Arab Extremists, you're clearly hijacking this thread.

I voted that Nazi's. Just compare civilian casualties of the hijackings and the holocaust: 2,998 dead vs. 6 million dead. Excuse me for not being arrogant enough to believe that one American life is worth more than 2,000.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Clearly Nazis are the worst. I think it takes more evil to systmatically destroy a race.
That's too black and white. Certainly not all Nazis knew they were systematically destroying a race.

Where can I vote; equally evil?

At first I agreed with Matt. My reasoning was to take a look at my home country during WWII. The Netherlands was occupied by the Nazis for 5 years. During those 5 years, although under inhumane circumstances, the dutch still lived their lives. While Arab terrorists would never let any one live. They'd not even occupy a country, they'd bom it all to dust.

BUT! Then I came to the realization that while the dutch were mostly allowed to live during those 5 years, over 100.000 dutch Jews were being taken to concentration camps.

That's when I started to ask myself; What's the difference between Arab terrorists deciding that all religions except theirs should be killed, and Nazis deciding the Jews should be killed?

Their level of evil is pretty much equal and the difference is not as extreme as either Keith+Chemda or Matt are making it out to be. The Nazis just accomplished more evil (thus far) but at the same time Arab terrorists are all alike, while a group of people that you'd label as nazis were just ignorant and, as Matt B argued, were just playing their part in a war.

Personal conclusion; Arab terrorists are just a smidge more evil then Nazis, because it hits closer to home and there is no arab terrorists that could sympathize with their enemy.

Facebook | JustBryan.nl | Twitter
"Bryan is a legend!"- OCD-dude
Old 02-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
I don't know why you take issue against the Arab Extremists, you're clearly hijacking this thread.

I voted that Nazi's. Just compare civilian casualties of the hijackings and the holocaust: 2,998 dead vs. 6 million dead. Excuse me for not being arrogant enough to believe that one American life is worth more than 2,000.
Do you really believe that if Arab Extremists would get the chance they wouldn't kill 6 million people in the blink of an eye?

Accomplishment says nothing about the evil of a person (or group of persons in this case).
Old 02-21-2009, 02:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

I thought I’d expand on mat’s point a bit (not the nazi point which is pointless because of Godwin's law)
The point of copyright isn't to prevent anyone from copying your work. All works are supposed to enter the commons where others are free to do whatever they want with them. Copyright is meant to encourage people to add work to the commons by giving them full rights to their work for a period of time. This stops others taking their work and encourages the artist to do further works.

The current system is broken because nothing is going into the commons, current copyright terms are life plus 80 years when it started at 28 years.

Plus things like DMCA make copyright violations a criminal offence not just a matter for the civil courts.
Old 02-21-2009, 02:44 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
Huh? Maybe i've just been awake and at work too long but what?