Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Was Keith a homophobe for leaving Matt's place early?
Yes, Keith was homophobic for leaving 9 5.63%
No, Keith was not homophobic for leaving 151 94.38%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-26-2009, 12:12 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Do you believe you wrote as though you were coming from an attacking place or a questioning place?

What else do you need to know?
It was meant as questioning, sorry if it came off otherwise.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:15 AM   #72 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

You've been forgiven.

The commercials you are referring to are inserted after the shows are completed.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:19 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amravanti View Post
That's not what I meant and you know it. I think.

I was joking. You said that defending yourself with the argument that you're not Black enough to be qualified as Black is statistically a Black thing. When would a white person ever need to defend himself against being called black?

And anyway I think sure latinos and indian/south asians take about as much exception to blanket terms as black people do. Minorities, basically.
What? White ppl defending themselfs for being called black... that's just completely nonsense.

I expect a proper apology. I'm ready to forgive you.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post
That was my point. My point was i don't identify as black because I am not just African, I am a Mutt and there is no sense in referring to myself in black when there is more apt term.

I don't support (while I don't expect others to) the very American way of just dismissing people of all different heritages as black because there is a drop of African in them. That is stupid shit that happened because of Jim Crowe Laws, even before that you wouldn't call a Creole black and you wouldn't call a Mulatto black either.
My father is Hawaiian/Philippino/Puerto Rican, and my mother is Irish/German/Italian. I was born and raised in Hawaii and was taught about my Hawaiian heritage. When I'm around my mother's side of the family, we are Italians. Yet because my last name is Puerto Rican, everybody assumes I am Hispanic. With all due respect, I am Hawaiian. It's in my blood, it's what I know. I do kind of feel like I am being racially attacked when people INSIST I am Hispanic because of my last name rather than giving any regard to my upbringing or shared ethnicity.
Old 02-26-2009, 12:36 PM   #75 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
My father is Hawaiian/Philippino/Puerto Rican, and my mother is Irish/German/Italian. I was born and raised in Hawaii and was taught about my Hawaiian heritage. When I'm around my mother's side of the family, we are Italians. Yet because my last name is Puerto Rican, everybody assumes I am Hispanic. With all due respect, I am Hawaiian. It's in my blood, it's what I know. I do kind of feel like I am being racially attacked when people INSIST I am Hispanic because of my last name rather than giving any regard to my upbringing or shared ethnicity.
I'm curious. How are people insisting that you're Hispanic? With your heritage, especially if your Italian genes are strong, you're probably fairly dark. If you're introduced to me as Jane Rodriguez, I'm probably going to assume you're Hispanic. Would you be upset at me?

If I kept asking about your childhood in San Juan after you told me about growing up in Hawaii, then yes, that'd be stupid and ignorant.
Old 02-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roca View Post
I'm curious. How are people insisting that you're Hispanic? With your heritage, especially if your Italian genes are strong, you're probably fairly dark. If you're introduced to me as Jane Rodriguez, I'm probably going to assume you're Hispanic. Would you be upset at me?

If I kept asking about your childhood in San Juan after you told me about growing up in Hawaii, then yes, that'd be stupid and ignorant.
You asking me if I am Hispanic does not offend me. You INSISTING I am, even if I told you I wasn't, would be offensive. It made sense when I was living in Southern California for others to automatically insist I am Mexican because I have dark skin, but when they insisted on speaking Spanish to me, after I told them I don't speak Spanish, and especially after I knew they spoke English but wouldn't speak it to me, then I was offended. I have actually had strangers argue with me that I was Hispanic because my last name is Lopez, even though it was my grandfather's last name and I know nothing about being Puerto Rican. Like TatoE said, just because I have a drop of it in my blood, it doesn't mean it's everything I am.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:28 AM   #77 (permalink)

I agree with a lot of you (only the non crazy ones of course). As a girl growing up I got the talk from my mum I'm sure most of you did:
"If you feel uncomfortable, just call me I'll come and get you no matter what the time"
I think it is very sensible for anyone in any situation to leave if they feel uncomforable. It honeslty doesn't matter if Keith was right or not (you were Keith btw) if HE felt uncomfortable then he did the right thing by leaving.

A lot of problems could be solved if more people thought less about how it looked and took themselves out of whatever was going on.
Enter coupon code KATGforums to receive 10% off your order.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:02 AM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
It's always $20. Thank you.

I hope he understands I want American Dollars mailed to me, not twenty Didgeridoos.
Dollaridoos Keith, our money is dollaridoos.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 AM   #79 (permalink)

That's what my ass hole step dad used to do to play me to sleep. And he'd never let me have it. Kinda like how most parents won't give you 20 bucks when you're 5. They know you'll squander it on 50 ice cream bars.

As far as I'm concerned that's your currency >:\

And yes, I am being prejudice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
Dollaridoos Keith, our money is dollaridoos.