Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are most religious people rude?
Yes. Whether rudeness or religion came first, the answer is yes. 111 59.04%
No. It seems that way to some because only the annoying vocal ones stick in your head. 77 40.96%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-29-2009, 09:21 AM   #61 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav View Post
you wanna answer that they're all jerks, but you'd be surprised how many non-jerky reasonable seeming people, when you flat out ask them, are firm believers of whatever. SURPRISED i say.
It's for this very reason that my father always said not to discuss religion or politics with people. It's a good way to destroy a relationship, be it a friend or co-worker, that might have otherwise been fine.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #62 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoav View Post
I can't see how not confronting ignorance is a good thing. if anything rational people should be speaking at least as loud as the crazies. if it ruins a friendship they can't have been that good a friend.. as for co-workers discussing religion is probably not a good idea because a) you're supposed to be working and b) you have to maintain a synthetic relationship of respect based on the hierarchy within the company.
also, not to nitpick, but how do you know that's why he said it? maybe he just read it in a magazine, my family members quote magazine articles to me all the time.
I know why he says it - it is usually his way of getting out of discussing it with me. My grandmother is so religious that my father just keeps quiet on the topic so as not cause ripples. Myself, I couldn't give two shits about causing ripples; if they can't accept who I am, fuck 'em!

With that said, I don't hide my disbelief, but I also don't run around questioning others as to what their beliefs might be. If it is someone close to me, then they know very well what my thoughts are on the topic. However, in the case of a co-worker, these differences of opinion could cause for a toxic work environment and are often better left alone. It's one of those things where you just need to know how to pick your battles.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:39 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by angstak View Post
I have made it 6 minutes into this episode (The whole mad about you not being mad, thing):

My girlfriend does this shit too keith. i totally feel you...

You have this? Girl appears to be sulking. I say, "What's up, are you allright?" She says, "yeah i'm fine i'm just [doing whatever]." Girl was just doing whatever she was doing but now Girl is pissed at me for having inquired about her mood. What the fuck? Forgive me for my fucking concern.

-AngstAK
no, she's pissed because you can't just read her mind. god i hate that.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:01 PM   #64 (permalink)

The car situation

I'm sure I heard Chemda say she was parked legally, and no one seems to be that pissed (annoyed yes, but in an accepting sort of way) that the car was towed. If I was parked legally and towed AND had to pay for it? I'd be fucking livid, am I missing something here? Does NYC randomly steal cars and hold them to ransom and it's like some sort of fucked state tax/lottery?
Old 04-01-2009, 04:12 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yetanotherdave View Post
I'm sure I heard Chemda say she was parked legally, and no one seems to be that pissed (annoyed yes, but in an accepting sort of way) that the car was towed. If I was parked legally and towed AND had to pay for it? I'd be fucking livid, am I missing something here? Does NYC randomly steal cars and hold them to ransom and it's like some sort of fucked state tax/lottery?
I believe they said it was towed because of unpaid tickets.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:59 PM   #66 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyedBtch View Post
I would go to HR and file a harrassment charge against her for making me uncomfortable with her religious viewpoints all the time. Just because she believes it doesn't mean the rest of you have to hear about it.

BTW, this was a much better show. Lauren was very quiet.
One of the most religious acting people at my job came up to see me today. She was cursing like a sailor. It took me off guard for a second. I just don't really talk to people are religion at work. I think people just bully others at work with that religion shit. It's annoying.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:56 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjo View Post
I believe they said it was towed because of unpaid tickets.
Ah right. Yes, they said two shows later. I'm catching up.

Still wierd that the city can just steal your cat like that for parking tickets. But over here they can crush your car for not paying your road tax/ not havin insurance etc.