Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who seems more in the right: The tow center bitch-pigs or the change lady cunt?
The workers are more in the right. The change lady deserved any attitude she got. 45 38.14%
The "customer" is more in the right. Just do your job and quit trying to teach lessons. 73 61.86%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2009, 09:39 AM   #21 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

the voice

here is what i heard and it's worked for me:

lots of sleep
no dairy
less talking
honey
no caffeine
tea
no cold drinks

and some people take a shot of liquor right before they go on.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 09:42 AM   #22 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Looks like I was way off. I was thinking more talking and excess partying. My apologies.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:45 AM   #23 (permalink)

I work with lawyers all day and am continually amazed that people with advanced degrees can be so incapable of correctly completing the most basic tasks. We need a release form for a certain police agency for their background check, I've highlighted every single line that they're supposed to fill in, and they write down all of their previous arrests in the section that the police station is supposed to complete.

Sadly, every single profession has dipshits in it. I've learned over the years that you get a lot farther by being nice, and keeping your cool works a lot better to put screaming jerks in their place, but I've had to put on my stern "librarian voice" more than once. So I can't help but sympathize with service industry workers.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
here is what i heard and it's worked for me:

lots of sleep
no dairy
less talking
honey
no caffeine
tea
no cold drinks

and some people take a shot of liquor right before they go on.
I've heard about the caffeine thing (that alone would prevent me from being a singer). I noticed though that the "voice maintenance" (sorry if it sounds weird, i don't know the exact expression) changes for the type of singing they have to do. I knew a guy who was a tenor singer in opera and he had to be really straight about what he did, as he sang mostly on very high register (and he wasn't exactly a natural born prodigy, voice-wise).

You, chemda, have a very wide range and you sound really natural in your singing abilities, so maybe what works for you doesnt work for less talented people. (That was a very complicated way to say what i had to say and also tell that i love your voice...)
Old 03-27-2009, 09:51 AM   #25 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Looks like I was way off. I was thinking more talking and excess partying. My apologies.
What about stand-up comedians? More talking, more liquour and coffee before a show or not?
Old 03-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #26 (permalink)
mkl

Quote:
I can't agree with this at all because I'm not just saying theses people don't care. I'm saying, without exaggeration, these people are at minimum half retarded.
Maybe when you don't care about your job, you also don't care if you hire retards. Or maybe as a manager you would try to hire people who are more retarded than you so you look better. I'm not sure.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:36 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
i'm sure everyone has experienced this at some point, but sometimes, when you feel sick or are a little sick, and go out and do it up....next morning you're healed. i'll trade a hangover for sickness any day.

but this only works sometimes, so it's up to you if it's worth the gamble.

also....

the worst movie of all time is "freddy got fingered"... it enraged me! i could not take it for more than 10 mins. i really tried but yeah, i was actually so mad that i drove back to blockbuster and almost threw the VHS TAPE (!) at the clerk and demanded to rent another one for free. he saw the fury in my eyes and let me pick something else.

i smell a challenge for keith (watching that awful piece of shit movie), but unfortunately he is on a new "i'll stop movies if i don't like them" kick, so maybe he won't do this to himself.
Old 03-27-2009, 10:45 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
"Man with two brains" and it was silly and quite funny but it got quite boring after half an hour.
Careful. Man with Two Brains is a Steve Martin movie. Man with the Screaming Brain was the Bruce Campbell movie with a budget so low they had to film it in Bulgaria.

Quote:
Troma movies are supposed to be that way and i think a good 90% of them are really awful.
Troma abandoned this model and went straight to being offensively bad. I recently tried to watch Night of the Chicken Dead, wherein a fried chicken place was built upon an ancient, Indian burial ground which results in zombie chickens. Seriously, what premise could be better than zombie chickens? I didn't even last ten minutes; it was putrid. And I even liked Hudson Hawk!

Quote:
This one (My name is bruce) sounds like a "made exclusively for Campbell-obsessed fans" product.
Yes, this is an accurate statement. Many (if not most) of the jokes were references to his other movies. Mostly how bad they were.

Side note: I saw My Name is Bruce in a theatre (Fox Tower, Portland) on opening night. Sadly, I couldn't get tickets to the showings where Bruce himself would be there. What's amazing is that my wife came with me, without complaint.

Obviously, this woman loves me. This is why I buy her flowers.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:03 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lattaland View Post
Well, I may be the only one who thinks this, but Cartoon Network's switch to live-action is ultra depressing.
It's pretty detrimental to all the cartoonist in Atlanta. I have friends that lost their jobs and now I have to compete with them for freelance work.Worst yet, where can I watch Top Cat now? DVD? That's no fun.

All niche programming networks keeps getting more and more broad. When you try to appeal to everyone you appeal to no one.

I mean, TOP CAT-
think about it.
Just to clarify they aren't totally getting rid of animated programming, it will just comprise less than half of what they show.
Old 03-27-2009, 11:19 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrice View Post
Just to clarify they aren't totally getting rid of animated programming, it will just comprise less than half of what they show.
Like MTV at first, didn't totally get rid of music videos...