Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a fan of the Internet's Street View mapping?
Yes, it let's me see more than I normally could. 107 79.85%
No, it allows people to see too much. 27 20.15%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2009, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love street view. I especially love it because they caught my dad mowing the lawn and glaring at them.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:13 AM   #12 (permalink)

I like street view, it's damn useful if you use mapquest/google maps for it's intended purpose, to find where the fuck your going. you can see where your looking for and not rely on landmarks or signs that may not be there or easily visible to someone not familiar with the area. it also comes in handy when i go downtown to see if there is parking readily available in the area.

i bet half the people that bitch this is invading their privacy are the same people that say their facebook/myspace/twitter and all content they post on them are invading their privacy.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

People who care THAT much about privacy, definitely have somthing to hide. I like the streetview feature. Who cares if there are pictures of me, only paranoid Alex Jones type nutjobs worry about that.

And if you get caught cheating on your wife/partner that way... well you're an idiot and you deserve any shit you get.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 AM   #14 (permalink)

The street view image of my street was taken two summers ago, and when you access my address the building next door is the one that actually comes up. So the age of the image and the lack of accuracy doesn't give me any worry about how someone might "use" this technology to stalk someone, etc. No one can spy on you by seeing a two year old photo of your house. Shrug. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:30 AM   #15 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Later albums from Hicks had that and "Something to take the edge off" by Stanhope.
You made this up.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #16 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I think Hicks actually made the music on his. I could be wrong. At least some of the songs were written and performed by him I think?

Here's what I found on wikipedia.

The music

Several of Hicks's albums are unique in that they feature background music, meant to enhance the album's mood. Such additions were made well after the initial recordings and are the product of Hicks's own musicianship.[1]
Upon learning that he had developed cancer, Hicks used his time to mix music into Rant in E-Minor and Arizona Bay, calling it his Dark Side of the Moon. [2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_Bay

Last edited by daemon; 04-01-2009 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 09:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
You made this up.
No. There's music in Arizona Bay and Rant in E Minor (Guitar played by Hicks and Other instruments by Kevin Booth). In Doug Stnhope's "Something to take the Edge Off" there is a guitar player named Henry Philips who plays music as a background for the jokes. Why should i make this up?

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-01-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon View Post
I think Hicks actually made the music on his. I could be wrong. At least some of the songs were written and performed by him I think?
Him and his pal Kevin Booth. There used to be also a cd, sold on the sacred cow website years ago, that contains a bunch of songs performed by them as "marblehead Johnson" (they did the song "wizards have landed" on "rant..."). I don't think it's in stock anymore, but it's probably on ebay.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:36 AM   #19 (permalink)

Oooooh, sexy!!

Quote:
The main purpose of binding the feet was to break the arch of the foot which ultimately left a crevice approximately two inches deep in the foot which was considered most desireable. It took approximately two years for this process to reach the desired effect, hopefully a foot that measured three or three and one-half inches toe to heel. This perfect size was called the Golden Lotus. While footbinding could lead to serious infections, possible gangrene and were generally painful for life, contrary to many false tales the girls/women were able to walk, work in the fields, climb to mountain homes from valleys below.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:49 AM   #20 (permalink)

The women's necks don't break when you take the rings off. The muscle may have atrophied and so they are weaker than before, but no bones break. This woman wrote about how she decided to remove her rings and now the other villagers say she is "useless" and "ugly."

Zember's story: Part 3: We are kept like prisoners in Thailand