Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you a fan of the Internet's Street View mapping?
Yes, it let's me see more than I normally could. 107 79.85%
No, it allows people to see too much. 27 20.15%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2009, 12:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

I used to watch the Ripley's Believe It or Not tv show with superman. They did a segment about feet binding. One girl was "honoring" her ancestors and would do it too. She would bind them tightly for about an hour at a time. She couldn't walk and had to crawl all over her house. She was crazy. Her grandma was in a wheelchair because her feet were so fucked up, yet she wanted to do it too. Her feet went down 3 sizes when they were bound.

I went to the Ripley's museum in Vegas or Tennessee when I was 8, I can't remember. They had those mirrors there where other people saw you. I did learn I could make a 3-leaf clover with my tongue there though, so I guess it was worth it.

A question about the chastity belt. So if it had little razor teeth on the inside, wouldn't that hurt the girl? If she bumped into something, wouldn't the teeth bump into her? Especially since they didn't shave back then, she would probably get her hair snagged. Oww!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

From the Wiki page (which also has images of modern chastity belts worn by BDSM ppl):

Quote:
According to modern myth the chastity belt was used as an anti-temptation device during the Crusades, that when the knight was away from his young wife, he would force her to wear the belt day and night. There is no evidence or any documentation of such use, nor evidence of the existence of chastity belts until the 15th century, more than one hundred years after the last Crusade. On the other hand, it has been used as an anti-masturbation device for children in modern times from the 1700s to the 1930s. Nowadays it is sometimes used as BDSM equipment.

The actual use, if any, of medieval chastity belts would have been very limited, as the metalworking of the times would have made it difficult to fashion a belt safe for long-term wear.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:24 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post
I used to watch the Ripley's Believe It or Not tv show with superman. They did a segment about feet binding. One girl was "honoring" her ancestors and would do it too. She would bind them tightly for about an hour at a time. She couldn't walk and had to crawl all over her house. She was crazy. Her grandma was in a wheelchair because her feet were so fucked up, yet she wanted to do it too. Her feet went down 3 sizes when they were bound.

I went to the Ripley's museum in Vegas or Tennessee when I was 8, I can't remember. They had those mirrors there where other people saw you. I did learn I could make a 3-leaf clover with my tongue there though, so I guess it was worth it.

A question about the chastity belt. So if it had little razor teeth on the inside, wouldn't that hurt the girl? If she bumped into something, wouldn't the teeth bump into her? Especially since they didn't shave back then, she would probably get her hair snagged. Oww!

Girls are chattel, don't you know?
Old 04-01-2009, 12:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Street view would be a problem if the wrong person were using it, like if you got a hold of a celeb's address. Otherwise yes, it helps to see from your level where you are going. I like to use it for when I want to daydream and travel, so I do street views of Manhattan, DC, London, etc, places I have never been but would love to go someday.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Google hasn't gone down my block yet. The closest street view is 2 blocks from my house. At least it makes my neighborhood look nice.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ridge.jpg (215.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Napster has Dixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Pat Dixon should get his new cd out on iTunes. "White Devil" was great and the whole m8usic things is making me really curious. Later albums from Hicks had that and "Something to take the edge off" by Stanhope. I want to hear it with Pat's style...
Try this link...

Play

If that doesn't work, go to Napster and search for Pat Dixon. It's damn fine comedy.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseagirl19 View Post
Try this link...

Play

If that doesn't work, go to Napster and search for Pat Dixon. It's damn fine comedy.
Thanks for the link! Being out of the USA, i'm getting some problems with the files, but at least i know it's there, i'll figure out something...

Seeing the napster logo always brings me back to the old days (Sniff)...
Old 04-01-2009, 01:57 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post
The razor teeth are on the outside to cut people who got too close. There were various types of chastity belts in the old days. If you go in some museum of old medieval torture instruments or stuff like that, there are usually some on display...
Old 04-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #29 (permalink)

It's april 1st so street view is wacky and hilarious. Hardy Har Har
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CADIE.jpg (26.2 KB, 109 views)
Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM   #30 (permalink)

How it should have ended

The discussion of shitty movie plotholes reminded me of a series of videos called "How it should have ended." It's fucking hilarious.