Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Do you believe in Rob's psychic abilities?
Yes, there's something to what he's doing. 92 34.72%
No, we all have intuition. He's full of shit. 173 65.28%
Voters: 265. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Psychics usually promote themselves as advice-givers, nothing more. And somehow that's what they give. If someone is willing to pay for that and trust them, i don't see it being any different than giving your money to any type of church or psychiatrist.

There was a big fraud case in Italy where a brazilian psychic and an ex telemarketer teamed up and sold "magic spells" and basically blackmailed their clients into givinbg them money. That was immoral. Bob alvarez tells stuff and he's also very cautious about it (that's the impression i got from listening to this show).

Again if anybody is willingly paying him for that, that's their business. Questionable, yes. Immoral, not really.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #22 (permalink)

Fuckin stupid 37.5%... sigh...
Old 04-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #23 (permalink)

used to HATE Robert as a guest! But the more and more he is on im growing to love him. And holy crap, was he high? F-bombs left and right, freaking hillarious! I couldnt quit laughing at my cube... best Robert show to date.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #24 (permalink)

And another thing, about David.Does anyone else find it a bit too convenient that Robert's 'spiritual guide' just happens to have a name which (although Hebrew in origin) is so common in the western world?If this is an immortal soul that could have been alive at any time in history and come from any place in the world, then why not Ching Chong or Olaf or Genghis?Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Immoral? C'mon...

If anyone goes to Alvarez and finds solce in this, what makes it more immoral than religion or therapy?

Personally, i wont go to a psychic, but i do not believe in anything. But calling it immoral is over the top...
I'll tell you why it's immoral.Because some people will actually take this bullshit seriosuly and make life decisions based on it.Also, a lot of the advice seems to boil down to 'dont worry about it, everything will be ok'.NO.Sometimes you do need to worry about shit in order to have the motivation to make good thigns happen in your life.And what lolaclare said.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Why's there a deadline? Interesting...

I wondered about that, too. The deadline is recent. James Randi had a nearly fatal heart attack a couple of years ago, and I wonder if that's why the foundation has decided to end the challenge. He's getting up there in years, and he might die soon.

Randi first offered $1,000 in 1964 after a parapsychologist challenged him to "put his money where his mouth is" on a radio program. So the challenge has existed in some form for over thirty years and over a thousand people have applied.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
There was a big fraud case in Italy where a brazilian psychic and an ex telemarketer teamed up and sold "magic spells" and basically blackmailed their clients into givinbg them money. That was immoral. Bob alvarez tells stuff and he's also very cautious about it (that's the impression i got from listening to this show).

The company that used Miss Cleo as their shill got sued, too:
Miss Cleo

The Psychic Friends Network operators would read from a tarot card book when you called in, LOL!
Old 04-02-2009, 09:32 AM   #27 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm not sying that psychics are right. I believe that Castaneda (who wasn't a psychic but also made his name by writing books filled with very simple spiritual advice, and had a shamanic advisor) was also a bullshit artist. But, see, i also know that some people need to find answer somehow. Yes i think it's some sort of weakness, but it's human. And there always be someone to make a profit out of that weakness: i find more accceptable a level headed latino homosexual that says that things are going to work out, than a psychotic german pope that spews hatred into the heads of people everyday
Old 04-02-2009, 09:36 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not sying that psychics are right. I believe that Castaneda (who wasn't a psychic but also made his name by writing books filled with very simple spiritual advice, and had a shamanic advisor) was also a bullshit artist. But, see, i also know that some people need to find answer somehow.

Yeah, I agree there are different degrees of assholery amongst psychics. Robert is much less predatory than people like John Edward, who takes your money and then pretends to talk to your dead relatives, manipulating your grief when you're at your weakest moment. I find that to be reprehensible.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:45 AM   #29 (permalink)

SHITE.

WHAT A PILE OF BOLLOCKS!

I cannot believe that this man was brouht on the show, the ONLY saving grace was that Keith made light of the whole thing through-out.

I'm so suprised that people have voted yes on the poll.

I wonder is the man deluded enough to think he actually has psychic powers or whether its a fun way to take advantage of people looking for answers and making money.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:55 AM   #30 (permalink)

I officially <333 Rob.

I just finished my own birthday month (MARCH, FTW). 28 days of straight up hedonism and presents culminating in an on-screen self-mutilation. I dare you to do it bigger.