Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Has April Fool's Day gotten out of control?
Yes, people don't get it's not anything goes prank time. 65 49.62%
No, a joke's a joke. 66 50.38%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)

Keith's nerd rant was fucking hilarious, I was cracking up at work and getting weird looks from co-workers (don't worry I plugged the show).

twitter.com/donthitme has already been claimed by a KaTG person I see, haha niceeee

Haven't met many nerds in my life, altho I've never been to convention so maybe that's why. Come to think of it I've never seen a comic book store in Ireland, did St Patrick chase all the nerds out of Ireland while he was getting rid of the snakes?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I'm actually unsure of who's a nerd, exactly.

I've always thought of nerds as the creepy basement dwellers who collect crap, or as the ones you see in "revenge of the nerds" or "napoleon dynamite"...

But actually, lately i've heard people calling me a geek because i can handle my laptop pretty well. Sounds strange, cause i don't look like a nerd, i hate star wars and i'm pathologically unable to collect stuff...

Is a very hardcore sports fan a nerd? Hmmm...

Nonononono, those are douches.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

dzagama, you rule
Old 04-03-2009, 10:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by archicat View Post
Keith's nerd rant was fucking hilarious, I was cracking up at work and getting weird looks from co-workers (don't worry I plugged the show).

twitter.com/donthitme has already been claimed by a KaTG person I see, haha niceeee

Haven't met many nerds in my life, altho I've never been to convention so maybe that's why. Come to think of it I've never seen a comic book store in Ireland, did St Patrick chase all the nerds out of Ireland while he was getting rid of the snakes?
I remember a nice comic book store i visited in Dublin years ago (2002), when i was living there. There weren't any actual nerds in it. It was more of snobby hipster type of crowd (the kind you meet in alternative music stores). I bought "watchmen" in that store.

But i guess the nerd gene and the irish gene erase each other...
Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I'm actually unsure of who's a nerd, exactly.

I've always thought of nerds as the creepy basement dwellers who collect crap, or as the ones you see in "revenge of the nerds" or "napoleon dynamite"...

There are different levels of nerds and geeks are sprinkled in there, too. I totally understand Keith's hatred of nerds based on his personal interactions with the psycho ones. I've never been to a convention, so I didn't believe his description of people having fake fights where they throw little pouches on the floor and that's how they "cast a spell" but then I saw it on an episode of Wife Swap. What the fuck?

I read fantasy and science fiction, my aunt and uncle go into the woods with their fake swords and pretend they're in a Tolkien book, but even I don't understand throwing felt pouches on the ground and pretending that it's magic. That's silly.

One of my favorite stories of Keith's roommates is when he faked out the dude who believed in the Force by carrying a beer can across the room and making "woo-ooo" noises. And the guy actually got ticked off! You gotta have a sense of humor about life. That goes for anything that you're passionate about, whether it's your religion or your sport, or your favorite movie.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

*sob*
Keith's nerd rants make me weep softly, because, *gasp* I'm scrawny, have glasses AND braces, hate sports and make comics...I even read them too, no surprises there. (No capes, please. I'm not into super heroes)

My speaking voice actually sounds a lot like Keith's nerd impression, come to think of it,down to the slurping sounds. (braces will soon fix that.)

I'm coming out of the closet to say I'M A NERD and I loathe myself!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #17 (permalink)

What I can't stand are those elitist nerds EVERYONE hates... You know, the ones who have a fit if you look weirdly at their mint condition X-men action figures they won off eBay...

Boyfriend and I (both nerds, he's into manga/WoW/tolerates math while I like WoW/band/music/forums/WEBCOMICS!!!!!) walked into the local comic shop here in Mandeville. When we walked in, we noticed how empty and sad the place looked with some worker's little kids running around. I was looking at the webcomic issues that were available (Dreamland Chronicles and such) and picked up one issue of godknowswhat to show the boyfriend.

TWO SECONDS LATER the "owner" or some other prick walked up to us, sighed, and as he started rearranging his pathetic shelves, he asked us that if we couldn't find the correct place for the comics we were looking at, we needed to hand them to him so he could properly restock his shelf instead of placing them wherever a space was open.

Hmm... did you ever think that MAAAAYBE the kids running amok were the ones to shuffle everything and not the people with steady incomes who may have purchased something from your store?

UUUGH!!!!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
I read fantasy and science fiction, my aunt and uncle go into the woods with their fake swords and pretend they're in a Tolkien book, but even I don't understand throwing felt pouches on the ground and pretending that it's magic. That's silly.

You know, you have reminded me of a girl i dated for a few, who was into the whole wiccan thing. She had thousands of books about magic and spirits, believed in elves and fairies. First thing she told me on our first date was that she could see dead people's souls surrounding her and talk to them with the right candles and formulaes. Not a nerd, really but she was into that stuff to the max. Almost every conversation i had with her had some sort of "wizard-esque" side to it...

It was fun tough...
Old 04-03-2009, 10:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
What I can't stand are those elitist nerds EVERYONE hates... You know, the ones who have a fit if you look weirdly at their mint condition X-men action figures they won off eBay...

Boyfriend and I (both nerds, he's into manga/WoW/tolerates math while I like WoW/band/music/forums/WEBCOMICS!!!!!) walked into the local comic shop here in Mandeville. When we walked in, we noticed how empty and sad the place looked with some worker's little kids running around. I was looking at the webcomic issues that were available (Dreamland Chronicles and such) and picked up one issue of godknowswhat to show the boyfriend.

TWO SECONDS LATER the "owner" or some other prick walked up to us, sighed, and as he started rearranging his pathetic shelves, he asked us that if we couldn't find the correct place for the comics we were looking at, we needed to hand them to him so he could properly restock his shelf instead of placing them wherever a space was open.

Hmm... did you ever think that MAAAAYBE the kids running amok were the ones to shuffle everything and not the people with steady incomes who may have purchased something from your store?

UUUGH!!!!
Yeah, that shit disgusts me too.
Way to break the stereotype, Comic Book Guy!
It's no wonder that all the retailers are drying up and blowing away.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 AM   #20 (permalink)

Thought Keith might appreciate this website. It's the "Jenny McCarthy Body Count" -- or the number of deaths caused by people refusing to vaccinate their kids. Granted, you can't fully blame McCarthy for all of them, but she certainly didn't help the cause by spreading her fake science.

Jenny Mccarthy Body Count