Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should people be required to throw love letters away after the relationship fails?
Yes, you don't need to make anyone feel awkward. 73 40.56%
No, it was part of their past, and it's fair to save forever. 107 59.44%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

Old 04-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #11 (permalink)

Tanks for the fuck you. You're right, typically it is Intern... but jebus, this episode... I've heard 300+ episodes so far, and nobody rubs me the wrong way like McNalley. This episode, with his self-righteous rant, it was way beyond the Intern's understandable awkwardness. I just don't get it. Get off your high horse and get back to Canadia.
Turkeysnjunk likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:23 PM   #12 (permalink)

There's a difference between living within your means and being affected by outcomes beyond your control. Fuck the people who are going to lose their homes because they had to buy a beach house or take out lines of credit for everything when they made six figures a year, but most people getting screwed over here are the average/below average people who are the first people on the chopping block when the economy takes a tumble. That said, it's the way it always is. When you work at the plant and it's your only viable skill you might not be on great financial footing. Sucks, but that's why you gotta work a little bit in school or find something you're really good at.

And yeah, perhaps someone living in the US illegally on his parents' dime when he's a grown-ass man might be a better representative for an economic message like this, but it doesn't make it any less true. A plasma screen TV is a waste. I've had my iPod for four years. It works absolutely fine. I don't need to throw Apple a bone for their iPod Touch because it has some fancy screen I'd probably scratch up anyway. I manage to go to college and not break the bank or ask my parents to pay my way, and a lot of people could do that too if they just managed to get some realistic expectations.

Ain't nothing wrong with riding the train, ain't nothing wrong with not having cable, ain't nothing wrong with not going on shopping sprees at the mall. Hopefully people will learn a bit of economic sense from this and not spend willy nilly any more.

And btdubs, the queen is absolutely ridiculous. You don't get to bitch about equal rights in the US or our antiquated laws when you have a queen who wears a crown, lives in a castle, and ordains dukes, knights, and barons. Settle your own shit before complaining about us.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

McNally.JPG
McNally is right that we need to stop buying things we cannot afford but he's probably not the person people need to be hearing this from.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

McNalley is right, its scares the shit out of me every time I sit down a look at how much money I waste every month. I make a reasonable wage, but live pretty much month to month, really shouldn't be like that, but I think people my age ( 30ish ) grew up in booming economies, so really have no idea about saving
Old 04-06-2009, 11:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm such a greedy fucking American. Why did I waste all that money on Keith's stand-up CDs? Of course, I didn't NEED it. Well, I won't be fooled this April 15th. Thanks, St. McNalley.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

Listening right now, had to comment on McNally's thing.

My family wasn't extravagant. We scrimped and saved, we didn't go out, the last vacation we had was to the Grand Canyon when I was 6 and the last big thing we got was a surround sound DVD player 5 years ago.

However, my dad, who's in construction and had the biggest paycheck of us, found that at the beginning of the year, that there were no homes to build because of the housing bubble popping and no new buildings that weren't exclusive to a specific company, so my dad lost his job. Now, we're scraping by trying to pay the bills and a bank that fucked us over after we had to refinance.

So, yeah, fuck you. I should also agree with others here when saying that with you living here illegally with your mom's funds available at any time, you're really not one to talk about financial responsibility.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

McNally you could 3.000+ strips and i would gladly buy the published collector version (i won't do it even for Moore or Miller). Your strips are genius, gold, bliss. Keep 'em coming!

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-07-2009 at 02:39 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #18 (permalink)

None of this changes the fact that you're goddamn lucky to have everything that you do. You've got it better during this "depression" than 99.99% of the people in human history. Quit your fucking bitching, you spoiled shits.

And how are there just "no new houses to build"? People don't need houses now? We're done with houses? Or there just aren't the number of houses that the universe guaranteed your family for all time?

This is the softest fucking generation ever. Yeah, I borrowed money from my mom, but I don't act like I deserve it. I don't act like it's mine, and I wouldn't get upset if it went away. I repeat: You never deserved the standard of living that you had. And now you don't have it. Time to think of a new plan. Or, you could just cry about it on the internet. Jesus.

Also, I would like to point out that I didn't personally ruin your fucking economy, and nothing that I am saying is making your life better or worse. Get mad if you want, it's not gonna fix your situation. It's tough love time. Stop being fucking bitches. I thought this was god damn America.

Last edited by McNally; 04-07-2009 at 02:36 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:31 AM   #19 (permalink)

Mmm, I think it's more than just, "Oooh, you can't afford cable, waah!" People are losing their jobs, businesses are going under, stocks are plummeting, because can't retire, etc etc.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:33 AM   #20 (permalink)

And I don't think it is. So... here we are.