Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Should people be required to throw love letters away after the relationship fails?
Yes, you don't need to make anyone feel awkward. 73 40.56%
No, it was part of their past, and it's fair to save forever. 107 59.44%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree1Likes

Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 AM   #241 (permalink)

I am actually okay thank god, it's just I deal with so many people day after day who aren't, and are at the end of their tether. I think when you are at the coal face and speaking to people who have given up hope in the careers they have taken a lifetime to build it is not easy to be flippant about the recession.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:42 AM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I don't know man. Getting and maintaining a sexual life is kinda important to people.
How is that relevant to where i work? I have 5 free days out of a whole week and i live a 5 minute walk from Newcastle's club area. As i don't have a mortgage or phone contract or cable contract or other bullshit no-one needs, it means that, after rent, all the money in my pay can be used for whatever the fuck i want.

I personally think McNally was spot on. I turn on the news every night to hear how banks not passing on interest cuts are fucking everyone with a mortgage, how spending has dropped because people are more concentrated on paying off loans and credit cards and none of that shit affects me. I have not felt one ounce of this "financial crisis" or Australia's "yes we are" "no we're not" recession.

Living pay by pay has it's down sides but nothing is stopping me from going out tomorrow and blowing a heap of money on booze, clothes or dropping $100 on an Xbox game as i did just a few days ago.

At least i'm not sitting up every night staring at a pile of bills and thinking about slicing my wrists.
Old 04-23-2009, 02:17 PM   #243 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serial_x View Post
How is that relevant to where i work? I have 5 free days out of a whole week and i live a 5 minute walk from Newcastle's club area. As i don't have a mortgage or phone contract or cable contract or other bullshit no-one needs, it means that, after rent, all the money in my pay can be used for whatever the fuck i want.

I personally think McNally was spot on. I turn on the news every night to hear how banks not passing on interest cuts are fucking everyone with a mortgage, how spending has dropped because people are more concentrated on paying off loans and credit cards and none of that shit affects me. I have not felt one ounce of this "financial crisis" or Australia's "yes we are" "no we're not" recession.

Living pay by pay has it's down sides but nothing is stopping me from going out tomorrow and blowing a heap of money on booze, clothes or dropping $100 on an Xbox game as i did just a few days ago.

At least i'm not sitting up every night staring at a pile of bills and thinking about slicing my wrists.
I don't understand why it has to be one extreme or the other. You can have cable a phone bill and xbox games and still rent. I just think the pad should be a place that a woman would like to spend time at. And no cable, cell phone, phone, TV or whatever you've cut out ... it just makes it a little less appealing. That's all. No need to get all defensive.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:07 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
I don't understand why it has to be one extreme or the other. You can have cable a phone bill and xbox games and still rent. I just think the pad should be a place that a woman would like to spend time at. And no cable, cell phone, phone, TV or whatever you've cut out ... it just makes it a little less appealing. That's all. No need to get all defensive.
I agree with that. I have not gone from swimming in my money pool a la Scrooge McDuck to having to scrape money together for ramen, but I can see that there are luxuries I can live without in the interest of paying off more than I expected to on my cards, or saving more because it could get worse. It's not the extremes who are affected, it's the people in the middle.