Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Would Keith enjoy himself at Chemda's extended family's Passover dinner?
Yes, they can accept him now, and he'd enjoy learning about their culture. 26 20.16%
Oh hells no. 103 79.84%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2009, 07:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
mkl

The national debt clock isn't paid for by the city, it was originally put up by a real estate developer who died, and now his son runs it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I dont really get the purpose of the clock. Knowing the national debt doesn't help anybody. I think that in most countries all over the world, people know that their economy is messed up but knowing the exact number of the national debt doesn't help.

If i had a Debt Clock in my town, i would sabotage it, make it drop to zero and then film people around me barely noticing it. Try that.

Plus, it suspisciously sounds like the "doomsday clock" from Watchmen

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-08-2009 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:03 AM   #13 (permalink)

if you drink enough manischewitz you forget you're drinking manischewitz. l'chaim!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueskee View Post
I went to a jewish friends house for the weekend....(I forget what it's called)...I'm catholic and I enjoyed myself.....cause I like bread.
Geesh no one has any manners.

FUUUUUUUCK YOU and welcome!
Old 04-08-2009, 11:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Everytime an andy rooney clip is played i have creepy flashbacks about my father.
Wierd, I think of Andy Rooney whenever I hear the Credit Card Relief commercial.

Has Keith met any of the extended family that would be there? If he knows someone there besides Chemda and her brothers (assuming they'll be there), maybe that would help ease any awkward feelings?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #16 (permalink)

You CAN grill bacon! My dad built this nifty little contraption to go on top of a fire pit - there is bacon, ham steaks, and sausage patties on there.

Old 04-08-2009, 11:41 AM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Funny, though, how after such a long and established relationship, a dinner with your partner's family, could still be an issue (i'm talking in a general way. Keith and Chemda specifics could be different).

Personally i have major troubles following the issue of dealing with aloved one's family, or feeling awkward in their presence. My family is pretty broken so my actual GF understands the reasons for not introducing her to any members of my family (i'm not saying she can't come to a family dinner. there are no family dinners as far as i'm concerned)
I've had a few dinners at her parent's house, and i didn't feel really awkward at all. They see me as their daughter boyfriend, that's about it.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM   #18 (permalink)

When Chemda was talking about people not wanting to speak Hebrew it reminded me that this happens to my parents as well. When meeting new people sometimes, or even worse people they had previously spoken to, and the person speaks in broken English with a Spanish accent, they try to talk to them in Spanish. It happens mostly in public but the people they are talking to seem to feel like they are better than talking back to them in Spanish.

Also, you might have had better luck grilling the bacon if you did not close the lid. If you start cooking bacon at a high temperature less fat renders out, closing the lid at a lower temperature would have slowly raised the temperature and had rendered all the fat and led to a grease fire. Also it matters how much you grill at one time because you cannot do a lot at once. You could have cooked it like in an oven with a wire rack over a sheet pan to catch the fat.

Last edited by truthv7; 04-08-2009 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

Here Keith, so you will be informed.

Moses is Departing Egypt: A Facebook Haggadah
Old 04-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

keith - passover is the worst jewish holiday. do not attend the seder. its not worth the show material.