Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who should be punished more?
The 40-year-old who bit off two-thirds of her lover's tongue. 114 60.64%
The 14-year-old who stabbed his 17-year-old half-brother when "playing" escalated, killing him. 74 39.36%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-08-2009, 10:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Shot in the eye? You spoiled piece of shit, like, 99.99% of people in history have had worse injuries than you! F you... like, when I got shot in my eye, I just walked down to Chinatown and bought a 75 cent superball to shove in there. I didn't have the luxury of a fancy-pants, extravagant glass eye. Quit your whining!

Seriously, though, Elon was a slick guest, I hope he comes back for more.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Elon is hot. That is all for now I've only just started listening to the episode.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

I got up to the part where the kid stabbed the other kid.

No, that kid should NOT have gotten life. For his whole life he is going to be living in jail, learning things faaar worse. Obviously, he was fighting the other kid, and obviously he grew up with learning that if someone does something to you, you stab the person.

That kid needs rehab.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:10 PM   #14 (permalink)

Elon's eye story is pretty amazing. Good guest.

Oh and I hope he and Emily are on the show together soon.

Aces.

Last edited by PenBoy; 04-09-2009 at 03:22 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Los

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
...shouldn't a Black from America recognize Spain's common man racism as being alright, having been conquered/enslaved by Moors or is there some kind of double standard here?
Black people are a minority in the US. Any minority - racial, cultural, religious, etc. - is generally "allowed" to make jokes or comments about the majority since in America for the most part, majority rules (having a Black president does change the rules a little).

In Spain, Spaniards (native Europeans) are the majority so in your analogy to the US, the Spaniards would be White Americans. Therefore, racial comments by Spaniards are seen as unacceptable.

If Spain was still under Moorish rule, you might have a point.

Also, did you notice that your comment that "Blacks in America are largely racist" is itself a racist comment? Before you ask why, ask yourself this - if you replaced Blacks with Whites in your comment, wouldn't that be a racist (and false) generalization against white people? Think about it.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 AM   #16 (permalink)
Kat

Fuck - Greenfield made KATG today... This world is too smail. Did Aldo tip you off?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
did anyone else get the feeling that Elon sounded a little gay?
Curiosity: how do you define a person's sexual orientation only by hearing his voice?

Anyway, Elon is amazing. Check out his website. He is one of the few ORIGINAL black comedians, i've heard in a long time. and he's plain out funny.

ADD-ON: Somebody should sue Coldplay just for being a 3rd rate Radiohead rehash, but concerning the plagiarism issue...
Satriani could win, but it will be a long devastating battle. The whole "you stole my song" thing happens frequently, but it's usually some unknown guy who sues a big artist and loooses cause he can't afford the legal expenses.

Nirvana were sued by the almighty Killing Joke for stealing one of their riffs ("Eighties" used for "Come as you are"). KJ won, but they're fronted by Jaz Coleman who's a total sociopath and would have died before letting go.

Now if only Led Zeppelin sued everyone who used their "Kashmir" riff. That would be something...

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-09-2009 at 07:10 AM.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:45 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
On Spain footballers calling players monkeys:
It's a not a "Spain only" deal.

Racism in soccer is a big deal in Europe. A lot aof players in France, Britain and Italy had similar issues. Hardcore soccer fans are the same people who form white power movements, most of the time. In an italian documentary i saw a while ago, the leaders of a semi-nazi party said that they "recruit" their most hardcore members in soccer stadiums. There's something about the game that attracts filthy white trash.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:47 AM   #19 (permalink)

I don't think Coldplay's riff is similar enough. It's three notes, really, and then they go in different directions. There's enough to argue there.

The KISS/Springsteen one is clearly a rip off, though.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:02 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willeth View Post
I don't think Coldplay's riff is similar enough. It's three notes, really, and then they go in different directions. There's enough to argue there.

The KISS/Springsteen one is clearly a rip off, though.
The whole "number of notes" argument is the one that most of plagiarists use. Those two riff are identical and you can clearly hear that.

Kiss and Springsteen probably sorted it out. Gene Simmons and Springsteen don't look like the kind of people who sue each other.... Well maybe Gene would, maybe he's blackmailin' Springsteen in secret....