Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Who should be punished more?
The 40-year-old who bit off two-thirds of her lover's tongue. 114 60.64%
The 14-year-old who stabbed his 17-year-old half-brother when "playing" escalated, killing him. 74 39.36%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-09-2009, 05:10 AM   #21 (permalink)

They're not identical. I can see the number of notes argument being a weak one, but it's a lot easier to believe it happened by chance than by plagiarism.

Of course, the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking about the timing of it and the mroe I change my mind.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 05:24 AM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Being a devote fan of hard rock and 70's sounding band, i hear a lot of riffs that are identical (It always comes back to Sabbath, Kiss, AC/DC and Led Zeppelin. Thin Lizzy too) but the riff are usually re-worked in a way that makes them stand as original.

If, on the other side, you put two song bits back to back and they sound the same, chances are that something tricky is going on.

By the way both Jimmy Page AND Elvis were big time plagiarists, they just did it to people who couldn't sue them...
Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

I see now that Spooky has mentioned "Black racist comedians" in his post...

Are there any, really? The only "Racist" comedian i can think of is Paul Mooney, because he actually verbally assaults, often without any kind of irony, white people in the audience.

And on a large scale, is there any actual "racist comedy" around? Lisa Lampanelli and Sarah Silverman do that somehow, but they're doin it in a jokin' way.

The only true racist comedy (And with that i mean true unfunny, hateful racism) i can think of is Bernard Manning. Or Michael Richards, if you think of him as a comedian (i don't)
Old 04-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #24 (permalink)
GFP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongthegong View Post
I don't know if anyone has seen this already because it's been out for a while, but that Coldplay song really sounds like these nobodies:

YouTube - creaky boards + coldplay + itunes fiasco
Viva la Vida - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 04-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

A new guest had me pumped to listen. At first i was taken back, he seemed to be trying to hard and when he spoke it sounded like a comedy routine. As the show progressed i think the nerves wore off and he turned out to be an awesome guest! Reminds me a bit of Victor Varando, they sound the same to me. The tale of the missing eye made me sad but wow, what a great story. Hope Elon is back again soon!
Old 04-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #26 (permalink)

About half-way through right now, concerning Keith's surprise about the male advertisements.

I have to go with the guest's surprised reaction: where the hell have you been?

Think about it this way: If you look at advertisements for women's products, you'll often see a female model on there, typically big-name celeberties, more often then not in a some-what sexual light. The advertisers don't do this because they think all the women reading them are lesbians--they do it because they want the women reading to want to be like them. "Buy Maybeline products, and you'll look as sexy and be as desired as Jessica Alba right there."

Is it retarded? Yes. But, since the advertisers keep using it, I guess it works.
Old 04-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

haha - you win

And I call myself "1 GOOD EYE"

Whoa, how do you get shot in the f*cking eye? I would still be bitter. I have one good eye but I just have a cornea issue. I didn't get shot in the f*cking EYE.

Just for that out of respect, no eye jokes from for a week.

wtf...
Old 04-09-2009, 01:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Your Maybeline ads have girls (supposedly) wearing Maybeline. These ads for guys aren't showing the product. I see a nude guy chest and the caption reads Jordache.

Sorry I don't understand your homo magazines.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Your Maybeline ads have girls (supposedly) wearing Maybeline. These ads for guys aren't showing the product. I see a nude guy chest and the caption reads Jordache.

Sorry I don't understand your homo magazines.
I have to agree with you on this one. I have been and still am a sharp dresser, but the ads on GQ are ridiculous. Even if they showed the product i wouldn't feel the need to buy it, simply because a super-fit dude doesn't attract my eye.

Not coincidentally, Playgirl (a magazine that sells itself as "for women") and GQ are known as common gay versions of Playboy.

Damn metrosexuals...

Last edited by Junkenstein; 04-09-2009 at 01:34 PM. Reason: If you read this, you're a closeted dog lover...
Old 04-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amravanti View Post
Wait, that guy was black?
I just realized it at the 27-minute mark. Woo!