Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Spooky good at drawing faces the way they really are?
Yes, Spooky draws a persons head perfect - just as good as any other art he does. 90 46.15%
No, Spooky tries to make people look how they really are but his faces come out off and creepy. 105 53.85%
Voters: 195. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-20-2009, 11:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

941: The Crippler

"I know you're fucking lying!"

Jesse Joyce

www.BenLerman.net

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Keith cares about this, I do not.

the faces Keith hates:

Last edited by spooky; 04-21-2009 at 01:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I like Spooky's art and the way he draws faces is in the vein of professional art. But i can see that it could look weird.

Anyway, on the forums, he's been very litigiuous lately. I could see Keith could be hurt, considering that they're friends and Keith has a big heart (even if he hides it).

Anyway, Dixon must sell his cd on his site or cdbaby. Napster doesn't sell it outside of US. That's unfair...
Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Talking

First a comment about Jessie:

My husband and I had the pleasure of seeing him perform in Bloomington a few weeks back. Seriously, if he is in your area, you HAVE to see him perform. Not only is he funny, but he is the nicest guy to meet. Keith, he so hearts you guys, he even put it on the CD he autographed for us (I'll upload the picture whenever I get home).

A note about fans being kind of weird when meeting people, I'm certainly not speaking for everyone, but this is kind of how my husband and I feel.

It is a little nerve wracking to meet someone we have listened to on a show that we not only thoroughly enjoy, but has brought a lot of joy in our lives. We have tremendous respect for many of the guests so we naturally get very excited when we get the chance to meet you. All of us have the tendency (as Chemda herself has said) to get a little crazy when meeting people we consider to be celebrities. This is why we might start saying things like "is it cool if we talk to you?", really means, we don't want to waste your time, but also means we are really trying NOT to freak you out by our adoration. This is one of the reasons why my husband and I didn't really talk to too many people while we were in NYC. We do know that you guys are normal people, but the fact is you guys have this level of talent that we admire and respect, and nerves can make people look like a damn creepy fool sometimes. Bottom line is most of us don't want to creep you out or make you feel weird, but sometimes it ends up happening anways.

That's just my 2 cents on that. Hope it made some sense.

Loved this show, especially loved Jesse's impression of the middle eastern waiters at Drom.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Jessie was hilarious! Now that Adam's not on the show anymore he's the guest that makes me laugh harder. His "Dios Mio" background comment on todays show had me in stitches.

His cd is very good, got it on itunes (get it dixon? ITUNES). It's surprising how nice he actually is, when he does standup. He's way more abrasive on the show. His comedy act is a lot more plain out funny.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Also, Noarmsjames has a thread called "Ask a Cripple" which answers a lot of people's questions. There are over 71 pages though...http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...cripple-10274/
Old 04-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #7 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Here's the one Archicat did for Keith and Chemda.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Jessie was hilarious! Now that Adam's not on the show anymore he's the guest that makes me laugh harder.

Wait, why is Adam not going to be on the show anymore?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzgal View Post
Wait, why is Adam not going to be on the show anymore?
He'll be back in a month or so. He's been away at furniture school.

And here's how I lost 80 pounds in 8 months:

1200 Calories Per Day
No Sugar
No High-Fructose Corn Syrup
Moderate Exercise...but not as frequently as I had planned.
No Alcohol
Old 04-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #10 (permalink)

Oh, good. I heard about the classes. I thought he meant that he was never coming back to the show. Adam and Jesse are my faves...after Patrice of course.

I liked Ben, too. Good show today.