Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is masturbation a gateway to sexual intercourse?
Yes 85 28.91%
No 209 71.09%
Voters: 294. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2009, 02:14 PM   #41 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

It was definitely a gateway thing for me - it just made me more curious about sex and made me want to try it more.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 02:46 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
That pesky ban button can jump out in front of you.
What did he do? i missed it
Old 05-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #43 (permalink)

My son started masturbating as soon as he was out of nappies - it certainly won't have been a sexual thing to him because he wouldn't have understood the concept when he was 2. That said though - he definitely got something out of it. He did get erections and one time in particular that I will never forget - he was masturbating and I could tell by his breathing and thrusting that things were getting more and more intense until eventually he "came". Now there was no semen but he did orgasm - it was unmistakable. Oddly enough he stopped masturbating for a couple of years around puberty. FTR I should probably add that he lost his virginity a couple of months before his 16th birthday. (16 is the legal "age of consent" in New Zealand)

As to talking about sex - I never had the big "sex talk" with him - we just discussed things naturally and honestly throughout his childhood as subjects came up. Although these conversations were sometimes a little awkward I never shied away from them (even after I learnt he had shared my "first blow-job" story with his school friends). The funniest thing he ever said to me was when he was 8 - "My penis is the boss of me. It tells me what to do". lol. Little did he know how right he was. (and yes, he did say penis - I didn't use stupid nicknames for body parts)

We've always been close and able to discuss anything. I think making a big deal out of sex is counter-productive. Aside from being aware of serious issues like pregnancy and STIs I think people should be telling their kids that sex is enjoyable and fulfilling and stop treating it like it is a taboo. And I agree with Chemda that kids should be told about masturbation.

As for myself - the only sex talk I had was at a school meeting when I was 11 where health professionals came in to talk about our impending puberty and answer any questions we had (they could be written down anonymously and handed in). Problem was my period started when I was 10 so it was already too late.

And finally - I only started masturbating a couple of years ago (I'm 40). No reason why - I just never did before. Now it's pretty much once a day - more on weekends. I actually credit KaTG with my starting. Chemda's stories made me think I was missing out on something and in truth - I was. I've also gone a couple of times without sex for 3-4 years. It was really no big deal. I'm insatiable when I'm in a relationship but can go without with no problem. Oh - I was also 15 when I lost my virginity - we have to start young in NZ if we want to get it done before it's legal.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #44 (permalink)

Keith your wrong...

It’s easy for guys to find out about masturbation because it’s right there. When you get hard it pokes out. Girls are more hidden. And unfortunately a lot of girls are taught that it’s a dirty place. Or that it’s nasty to be curious about themselves. Like it or not in this day and age sex is everywhere and kids are going to be curious about it. Masturbation is a way to explore yourself safely. I’ll break it down like this sex feels good. Young people often associate those good feelings with an emotion they heard more about (love). Countless girls had mistaken lust for love and got caught up in bad situations.

I don’t think it’s a gateway to anything. In fact I think the girls who don’t do it tend to be more likely to slut it out. Once that first guy breaks their heart they want that feeling back and start looking for love at the bottom of their pussy.
Old 05-13-2009, 05:48 PM   #45 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Jerked off at 13 but didn't get laid until 18.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Looking at "The passion" ending, i think he was a terminator.
Never saw it--if I wanted to see a movie about a guy getting the shit kicked out of him for two hours straight, I'd just watch a snuff film like a normal person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexy_Potatoe_with_an_E View Post
You have to educate kids about sex because it's not like kids don't know about sex already. I remember knowing about sex in elementary school and I remember kids having sex then already. But all you really know is that "that goes in there," just like on TV, just like in movies...

You have to educate kids about sex so that they understand the weight of their actions, because their actions have consequences. Sex and masturbation are just necessary, biological and physical gratifications. You're going to seek them out because you are evolutionarily programmed to, why not be informed about it?

Kids will most likely have sex.

Would you rather have your kid who is probably going to have sex, have sex without a condom 'cause they don't know any better and have a bunch of oops babies. Or would you rather have your kid who is probably going to have sex, have protected sex?

And even if masturbation does lead to sex (which I don't think it does, I think it depends on the person) I don't understand why it's such a bad thing, after around 16 you're cognitive enough to take precaution, unless your child is dumb and uninformed which is the problem... sex is only a problem when you're an idiot and you don't know what you're doing...

I realize most kids are dummies, but it's your job as a parent to make them not stupid.

I knew plenty of girls in high school who refused to use contraceptives because it was against their religion, they all ended up pregnant. Nevermind premarital sex is against their religion too. But they still fucked, cause that's what they hormonally needed to do, but they were dumb about it and look at all of the lovely welfare babies.

With that said, still a virgin!
This. Better to have a bunch of educated kids without "innocence" (whatever the fuck that means) then a bunch of dumbfucks who end up knocking up other dumbfucks and getting genital warts.

As for me, started masturbating when I was, I think, 11 or 12, still a virgin, so...yeah, I have a hard time believing it's a gateway drug.
Old 05-13-2009, 06:52 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxymodest View Post
i was laughing with chemda when she was making fun of keith and his belief of ghosts.

"oOOOOoOoOOOoooh i'm jeeesus, oooOOOoooOOoooh..."
Obligatory:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ghostbusters-v-jesus.jpg (76.7 KB, 124 views)
Old 05-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post
Never saw it--if I wanted to see a movie about a guy getting the shit kicked out of him for two hours straight, I'd just watch a snuff film like a normal person.

This. Better to have a bunch of educated kids without "innocence" (whatever the fuck that means) then a bunch of dumbfucks who end up knocking up other dumbfucks and getting genital warts.

As for me, started masturbating when I was, I think, 11 or 12, still a virgin, so...yeah, I have a hard time believing it's a gateway drug.
Yeah the innocence will be gone if you talk to them or not. I was talked to and my mother revisited the subject every few months incase I had new qestion. She taught me not to do anything until I was ready. And never me pressured into doing anything. If kids are not to sure what sex is what stoping someone from taking advantage of them

Sorry about spelling and what not wrote this on a touch screen it does what it wants
Old 05-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #49 (permalink)

Did anyone else totally confuse M. Dickson and Emily Epstein? I got really confused when she started talking about first dates because Emily is dating the guy with one eye. Took me a while to figure it out. But thats just me.

Saying masturbation is the gateway to sex is like saying crawling is the gateway to walking. Most people masturbate first, then have sex. The important thing to know is anyone can masturbate (unless you're suppa fat and confined to a bed i guess) but not just anyone can get laid (without paying someone). Masturbation helps people get off when others aren't available.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #50 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

I was jerking before I had cum started around age 12 or so, I didnt have sex until I was 16 (like 2 weeks b4 I turned 17) which was pretty par for the course at my HS. I see no issue with jerking it as a kid, I'm not sure if I needed my mom to tell me about it, hearing it was wierd enough in health class.