Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is Don Rickles funny?
Yes 28 17.72%
No 130 82.28%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2009, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post
For the record I am not a native of Kentucky and have found that it is like any state. It is judged by the outliers. I don't think New York would like to be judged by up-state New York, or Georgia by southern Georgia. The cities are just like any other cities and the country is just like the country in any other state.
Yet if we did a live show there and said, "Eh, it's like any other place in the country," you'd feel hurt.

I get your point, but I haven't been in Big City Kentucky and I guarantee it's much different than, say, Pittsburgh.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #12 (permalink)

Myq has quickly become one of my favorite guests. I love that he's always "on".

Very much looking forward to hearing that CD
Old 05-20-2009, 08:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm a volunteer for a non-profit (501(c)3) educational organization. TechSoup, TechSoup - The Technology Place for Nonprofits, a non-profit software distributor, has seminars on how to teach classes in Second Life. When I first heard this I'm thinking, "come on, teach classes in Second Life? What am I going to have in my class, some bitch show up in leather holding a cat o' nine tails? Some guy come in wearing latex and a dog collar?" No, I don't think this is a good idea, but people are actually talking about it!

Bizarre!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Yet if we did a live show there and said, "Eh, it's like any other place in the country," you'd feel hurt.

I get your point, but I haven't been in Big City Kentucky and I guarantee it's much different than, say, Pittsburgh.

Sure. Besides that regional aspects. There are differences in cities between states. Louisville is pretty ghetto and Lexington is small. It's like the difference between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
I've never been to Pittsburgh but from what I gather it's desolate and is a blue-collar town thats run down but has a good football team. Would Pennsylvania rather be represented by Pittsburgh or Philly? I would say Philly but I've never been to Pittsburgh so I can't make that call.

And you already shit on Atlanta, my hometown. So I can take it.

On a different note, I saw both Star Trek and Wolverine and peed at the times when runpee.com suggested. I hadn't heard of the site before but I'm glad I picked the right times to pee.

Here's what runpee.com has to say about the Hannah Montana movie:

Go home right after the previews and pee for as long as you please in the comfort of your own home. You wont miss anything.

I respect their honesty.

Last edited by RachaelBachael; 05-20-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post
Sure. Besides that regional aspects. There are differences in cities between states. Louisville is pretty ghetto and Lexington is small. It's like the difference between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia.
I've never been to Pittsburgh but from what I gather it's desolate and is a blue-collar town thats run down but has a good football team. Would Pennsylvania rather be represented by Pittsburgh or Philly? I would say Philly but I've never been to Pittsburgh so I can't make that call.

And you already shit on Atlanta, my hometown. So I can take it.

On a different note, I saw both Star Trek and Wolverine and peed at the times when runpee.com suggested. I hadn't heard of the site before but I'm glad I picked the right times to pee.

Here's what runpee.com has to say about the Hannah Montana movie:

Go home right after the previews and pee for as long as you please in the comfort of your own home. You wont miss anything.

I respect their honesty.
Haven't you figured out yet that KATG is just following you around and shitting on places you live?
Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 AM   #16 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
This one is very angry and dark, even disturbing at some points. It has the feel that Hicks' "Rant" had, his jokes are angry and desperate as they can. get but also funny as hell.

Keep us updated about YOUR cd, Myq. As soon as it's on itunes, i'll get it.
Thanks for the providing and requesting of info.

I will utilize the info you have provided and provide you with the info you requested as soon as it is available.
Not sure how long it will take, but I'll be happy to keep talking about it until it happens.
Maybe not all on Myka's show's thread.

Back to Myka, she's just like Marc Maron's new album.
She also can be dark and disturbing, but also funny as hell.

Hot dog fingers!
Old 05-20-2009, 08:48 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
Haven't you figured out yet that KATG is just following you around and shitting on places you live?
I'm starting to think so...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #18 (permalink)

Oh, Crooked Little Vein is a great book. It's by Warren Ellis, a prolific comic writer. I can take or leave most of his comics, but I can't wait for him to write another novel.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokkratez View Post
Oh, Crooked Little Vein is a great book. It's by Warren Ellis, a prolific comic writer. I can take or leave most of his comics, but I can't wait for him to write another novel.
Most of comic geeks would scream blasphemy on that, but i totally agree with you. That novel is funny and smart, most of his comic are meh (even transmetropolitan is boring after a while). I'm afraid most of the guys who bought the novel were fans of the comic books, so he's not mainstream enough to pull a Gaiman and write novels full time...
Old 05-20-2009, 09:24 AM   #20 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Myq has quickly become one of my favorite guests. I love that he's always "on".
Very much looking forward to hearing that CD
Thanks!
The CD is very much looking forward to you.
And the CD can be "on" even more than I am.

Quote:
Have you read Global Frequency?
It's my favorite of his comics. I feel the same way about some of his other stuff, but Global Frequency is great.