Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Is today's show the first time Keith has said he is an athiest?
"Yes; this is news to us." 93 54.39%
"No; he's said this before." 78 45.61%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #51 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjo View Post
Sure it is - someone gets sick with an unknown illness, all sorts of tests are carried out - usually resulting in the near-death of the patient and then miraculously the Drs figure out the problem and the patient gets better. Doesn't mean it's not good though. And Hugh Laurie is teh awesome
I'll just have to take your word for it Jorjo, after years of being a fan of seeing our man Hugh play goofball Englishmen, I can't get past the way he talks in House. I still respect him and wish every accolade known to showbiz on him, but I can't listen to him play House.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:49 PM   #52 (permalink)

Ray's story about his parents was so heartbreaking! I cannot imagine loosing both parents so close.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #53 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Keith has said "When I die and I see heaven I'll say, huh, yeah, that makes sense." They've had many debates on religion before and Keith has usually agreed that he was agnostic; he belived in something, he just wasn't sure what it was.

I totally felt for Ray, that has to so suck. I lost both Grandma's within three months of each other and that really fucked with my mind for awhile.
Old 05-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #54 (permalink)

I have been listening to the show for awhile and have heard the change from when Keith used to say that he was a Catholic, then he was agnostic, but back then he still had a relationship with his family.

when he was disowned, I believe that things did change but don't remember him every saying that he no longer believed in any sort of God.

So I voted Yes, because Chemda is right, it was the first time that Keith said it on the show.

I do think that if a group of Athiests get together because they are Athiests is a little weird.

Isn't it like a bunch of guys that hates sports getting together on a sunday, getting some beer, sitting in front of the TV to NOT watch something?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #55 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
I do think that if a group of Athiests get together because they are Athiests is a little weird.

Isn't it like a bunch of guys that hates sports getting together on a sunday, getting some beer, sitting in front of the TV to NOT watch something?
More like a bunch of guys going at a pub for Superbowl night to meet outside and play cards.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
More like a bunch of guys going at a pub for Superbowl night to meet outside and play cards.

but by doing that, doesn't it justify the superbowl?
Old 05-22-2009, 08:33 AM   #57 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by phooey View Post
but by doing that, doesn't it justify the superbowl?
For them it's a place like any other to hang out. They dont care about the superbowl, if people want to watch it, whatever (of course there's a bunch of dudes who shout "Why are you going to watch that stupid shit? You're idiots!". But they're douchebags). They think the superbowl is something people have made up to fill up their own void, and they don't care about it. So they meet, shgare their belief and play cards.

Sorry, i'm not good with metaphors...
Old 05-22-2009, 09:26 AM   #58 (permalink)

I'm listening to the show right now, but I wanted to go ahead and post this:

The original town of KFC is Corbin, which is where I'm from. I go to university in Lexington, though. There are a bunch of restaurants in Corbin that are hardcore getting in trouble for selling more alcohol than their food sales make up for or something like that. Also, I'm pretty sure it's still illegal to sell alcohol on Sundays (I believe there's still argument over it, I don't keep up with it very well). There are also almost no black people in Corbin, so I guess we don't have to worry so much about the rampant racism--after all, we did such a good job keeping up with it over the years that not many black people want to live here. I didn't have a black person in my school until sometime in high school, when our total black number reached an impressive one, only to explode to an incredible two the year I graduated. Amazing.

However, there are also some good things about Corbin, there are plenty of amazing, good-hearted people, it's just hard to remember them when you're faced with people who don't know if Iran and Iraq are separate countries daily. Corbin is the kind of place I wouldn't mind coming back to die, but not the kind of place I'd like to live out the bulk of my life.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:09 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
I'

The original town of KFC is Corbin.
Yes, that's the town I was referring too before, it is tiny!! The people there were very nice from what I remember. Paducah, KY though sucks! At least the place Froggies that I was at. They have this huge 'Git'er Done Sign' as there backdrop, and the people would shout out racist things, and I guarantee when I made fun of them for it they assumed I was being ironic. The other comic with me was black and his whole act was 'uncle tom' which just fed their ignorance more i haven't seen this many people since my court appearance, you know what they say once you go black, we'll fuck up your credit!, and the worst one black people hate it when white people call us the 'N' word, and white people hate it when black people call them the 'N' word, NEIGHBOR!

It was frustrating working with that dude for two straight weeks, he bombed in 1/2 the towns. He killed in Paducah, KY and Johnson City, TN. The sad thing is when he bombed he assumed it was b/c the crowd was racist, when he killed he thought FINALLY an open minded crowd! I thought about telling him the truth about what was going on but I didn't want to rock the boat, and he'd just think I was a dick... or he'd realize that I was right, and that would crush him, and he'd just think I was a dick
Old 05-22-2009, 11:00 AM   #60 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raym View Post
Paducah, KY though sucks!
Yeah, Paducah's a shithole town. Did you see the weird-ass little yellow van with "Easy Money" painted on the side? We made up a theme song for it. Long drives are boooooring.