Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Did the guy that pushed the "suicidal" bridge jumper do a good thing?
Yes; quit tying up traffic and die already. 102 63.35%
No; the man was fragile and needed to be treated as such. 59 36.65%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
I'm the same, most musical stand-up comedy comes across half-baked to me. Even Not Gay Bobby and Ben Lerman, who are fine as conversational guests, their lyrics seem like a one or two line joke padded out for three minutes with a melody. The guy who was on recently who did a rap about the doctor's blood pressure device was good though.
SPHYGMOMANOMETER!
How can anyone forget it's name now? It's branded into my memory.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:21 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
QFT, I actually like Myka as an individual guest more than Myq [And I HATE that I'm forced to buy into their 'quirky spellings' just to make it known who I'm talking about] I really liked them as a team with K&C on the show. I'm not sure what motivated the decision to have them as separate guests for most of their appearances.

That "Seinfeld guy" was Rob Paravonian, and I didn't really like him either. While Ben Lehrman is good as a guest, I thought the 'smell your dick' cover was far superior to any of his original songs that I was able to see.... i don't know if I really like the whole 'comedic musician' ting that much with the exceptions of Zach Galefinakis and Stephen Lynch (but only sometimes with him).
Myka IMO is uberhott and uberfunny. I could listen to her all day. Myq (feels wierd typing that) is funny too but, he trys too hard for the call back (on the show) and won't let it die either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
SPHYGMOMANOMETER!
How can anyone forget it's name now? It's branded into my memory.

Greatest live song on the show so far this year.

BTDubs... Am I the only one who failed at "The Guess The Race Game" with VooDoo LuLu? I mean Jeez, not even the black guy was black. :/
Old 06-04-2009, 02:48 AM   #43 (permalink)

Just heard the show, I know i'm a little behind, but wanted to say how great Jeremy was on the show, and hope we get to hear more from him in the future, plus, I am anxiously waiting to see if there is any new developments on the the newspaper thief....

And while i'm behind on the times, i might as well go ahead and mention that I really have been enjoying Intern Mike on the the show recently, I started very indifferent to him, then to not liking him, then liking him, then to really not liking him, now i have settled on him being one of my favorite people to hear from. I'm not trying to judge Intern as a person as i feel that what little we know, and what we hear from the show is not enough to judge him as a person, but more like, deciding if i liked hearing him on the show. Hope to hear more from him also.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #44 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuite View Post
Myka IMO is uberhott and uberfunny. I could listen to her all day. Myq (feels wierd typing that) is funny too but, he trys too hard for the call back (on the show) and won't let it die either.
On the first point, I uber-agree (though I might not have used German to do so had you not started it).

Sorry to make you feel weird about typing the name.

And regarding the callbacks, I'll definitely try less hard in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
Lately I've been noticing how Myq and girl Myka mistake talking really loud with enunciating clearly. The only time Myq talked like a normal person was when he was talking about his divorce. I think the answer is clear: More painful and awkward conversation topics!
Would it be awkward if I told you that this was a painful topic?
If so, you're welcome!
Apologies for being loud... do I enunciate well enough in typing?

(PS @NotQuite, does that count as the kind of callback that's trying to hard?
PPS If that didn't, does this?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
QFT, I actually like Myka as an individual guest more than Myq [And I HATE that I'm forced to buy into their 'quirky spellings' just to make it known who I'm talking about] I really liked them as a team with K&C on the show. I'm not sure what motivated the decision to have them as separate guests for most of their appearances
Sorry that we sometimes go places separately, but we'll definitely be together on our new podcast "I Hate You Radio" which starts next week I think.
And future KATGs, probably.

Also, "Myka" is the name her parents gave her.
So you should only feel weird about mine. Totally understandable. I feel weird, too.

In any event, thanks for sharing, and sorry to make you feel weird about typing our names also (that's not a callback, that's just the same topic coming up again, right? is this trying too hard now? I think I see what you're talking about).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Comedian guests are hit or miss, either they're good at improv-ing or you're in for an hour+ of pure awkwardness.

I like Myq.

If the show was all drama oriented it would get tiring too..
Yeah! I like you.
Much more than I liked getting divorced.

(There's some more drama and pain for you...
And that callback came super easily, so no worries.)
Old 09-10-2009, 04:28 PM   #45 (permalink)

It's weird to see an older post of mine quoted and realize that I was being dickish for no real reason. What was the matter with you, past McNally? Why be so critical? Luckily, in the past month or so, I've completely reformed.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:52 PM   #46 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
It's weird to see an older post of mine quoted and realize that I was being dickish for no real reason. What was the matter with you, past McNally? Why be so critical? Luckily, in the past month or so, I've completely reformed.
Hey, great to hear.

Though, I would tell you that I don't think it's the case that one should NEVER be critical, but I certainly don't want to be critical of your new leaf, which I support.

Leaf time!
Old 09-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #47 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

That's what happens when guys grow up and become peaceful and moderately succesful.

A couple of days in nyc should fix that. Big cities and smelly subways work well on the undercurrent of bitterness that fuels internet asshole-ism...