Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What color for Jeremy?
Red 96 49.74%
Black 97 50.26%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2009, 07:51 AM   #51 (permalink)

Isn't it funny how Robert's otherworldly pals won't help him out in an effort to prove their effectiveness (which would bring him monumental success if he really could do it), but they have zero issue helping Robert pimp his business out on a talk show where one of the hosts doesn't believe he's psychic at all, and the other cracks jokes and mocks the psychic guides constantly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
You are no better than a Jehovah's Witness or religious zealot trying to convert a non believer to god.
In my past life, I fucked your mother. As your reincarnated father, I command you to shut the fuck up. If you try to dispute my claim at all, you are no better than any religious zealot.

I'm not joking. Don't dispute what your father says.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:53 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
helping Robert pimp his business out on a talk show where one of the hosts doesn't believe he's psychic at all, and the other cracks jokes and mocks the psychic guides constantly?
I think he genuinely likes Keith & Chemda if he was really on the show to pimp out the business I think he would have gotten himself a website by now.
Old 06-23-2009, 08:05 AM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
I think he genuinely likes Keith & Chemda if he was really on the show to pimp out the business I think he would have gotten himself a website by now.
My point is more about the willingness of his ethereal buddies.

I guarantee genuine scientific tests regard the potential spirits with more respect than K&C.

If they're not trying to help him be successful, what are they trying to do? Help people with their advice? The world would lend him a mighty big ear if he could prove shit.

Point is: Robert's excuses are silly, and he needs to think up new ones if he wants to get more money.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:25 AM   #54 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickPhix View Post
I can be fair and say that my first sentence was a little misleading. What I should have said was that I am not mad at people for using magical thinking to get themselves through problems. I don't like it, and when I run into it I try and talk them through the conclusions they have leapt to in a rational manner to help them see the problems with their reasoning and come to the right information themselves.

The fact that you don't see it as a problem does not mean it isn't a problem. His actions are lending credibility to a field that can lead people to believe that there are easy answers and quick fixes to hard problems like disease and poverty. Get your thumbs out of your ass and visit What's the harm in believing in psychics?.
Nah man I think people can believe whatever they want as long as it's not effecting others. I think you trying to talk people out of their believe is a more "asshole" move than anything Robert has done. Have some respect man.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #55 (permalink)

My point is that everyone can have their own beliefs, problems arise as people can't keep them to themselves. Everyone has the NEED to CONVERT everyone to their way of thinking.

This is the fundamental problem with all religion, any why it is all bad. The same rational applies to non believers.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:40 AM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
Nah man I think people can believe whatever they want as long as it's not effecting others. I think you trying to talk people out of their believe is a more "asshole" move than anything Robert has done. Have some respect man.
He is contending that it is affecting others. He contends that those beliefs make a living for a fraud.

Are you pro wealth through fraud? No?

Then prove QuickPhix wrong. If you can't, you can't say he's wrong in saying such a thing.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:45 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
My point is that everyone can have their own beliefs, problems arise as people can't keep them to themselves. Everyone has the NEED to CONVERT everyone to their way of thinking.

This is the fundamental problem with all religion, any why it is all bad. The same rational applies to non believers.
You fucking idiot, you just tried to convince me that all religion is bad.

Shut your hypocrite mouth.

You NEED to CONVERT me to thinking NEEDING to CONVERT is a problem.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #58 (permalink)

I don't care if he is a fraud or not he makes for entertaining shows.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:53 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
You fucking idiot, you just tried to convince me that all religion is bad.

Shut your hypocrite mouth.

You NEED to CONVERT me to thinking NEEDING to CONVERT is a problem.
I wasn't and I don't and it is - you really are an angry prick what a tone you have. Even reading your posts gives me a headache.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 AM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickPhix View Post
I am not mad at people for using magical thinking. It is human nature and even when people aren't at the end of their rope they will turn towards things that simply do not make sense in order to help them out.

This isn't the Robert's friend coming in and thanking Robert for helping and Robert being modest. This is Robert using his prayer as evidence of power. Through out the rest of the episode I had a little bit of hope when Robert mentioned that he wasn't a doctor and he can't give advice like that... I though, oh ok, maybe he is just doing this for entertainment purposes. But no, later in the episode he clarifies that he is saying it only because there are some states where he would be breaking the law.

It is people that claim that they have helped literally saved a person's life that piss me off. These claims can keep people away from seeking actual medical advice from a real fucking doctor.

Even later on in the episode he mentions that every time someone tries to actually test his psychic abilities, he can't do shit... WELL GUESS WHAT, THAT MEANS YOU AREN'T FUCKING PSYCHIC.

God isn't coming down and going on talk shows and talking about how he saved some guy. BEHOLD MY POWER REGIS AND KATHY LEE, I HAVE MAGICALLY MADE DOCTORS DO THEIR FUCKING JOBS. Robert is TAKING CREDIT FROM THE SURGEONS, its fucking different and it isn't OK.
I haven't listened to this episode yet, but have to throw in my 2 cents on this topic.

Not sure how many of you have heard of Art Bell. He used to have a late night radio talk show about aliens and the unbelievable. I remember listening to this one episode maybe 10 years ago where he asked everyone to pray or think about rain over a desert area that hadn't gotten rain in over a year. By the next week it has rained in the area he told people to think/pray about getting rain. As hokey as it sounds, I think there is something to be said for the power of thought/prayer.

It follows the lines of that book The Secret (which I haven't read, but have heard people talk about). As the "universe" for something and it will come to you.

And, go ahead and make fun now!