Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What color for Jeremy?
Red 96 49.74%
Black 97 50.26%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin View Post
I wasn't and I don't and it is - you really are an angry prick what a tone you have. Even reading your posts gives me a headache.
You're trying to convert people by being a smarmy dickhead, going around, "You're exactly like religious people."

That's your belief.

You're supposed to keep that to your fucking self.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuttle88 View Post
I don't care if he is a fraud or not he makes for entertaining shows.
Basically, I agree with this. The show was annoying as fuck, but still entertaining.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #63 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I agree with Tuttle. Everytime Robert is on, somebody on the forums feels the need to preach from his high mountain. I understand the fact that his practices may be controvertial, but it's the fourth time he's been on the show and he's extremely open about what he does. If you do not like him, just dont listen. And who cares if anyone likes to pay him for his readings. it's their issue, not yours.
Old 06-23-2009, 10:58 AM   #64 (permalink)

Quote:
My point is that everyone can have their own beliefs, problems arise as people can't keep them to themselves. Everyone has the NEED to CONVERT everyone to their way of thinking.

This is the fundamental problem with all religion, any why it is all bad. The same rational applies to non believers.
Hey, I can understand the view of evangelical christians. In fact, I think that you are probably a bad christian if you actually believe that people will spend an eternity in hell and you don't go out there and try to save people. Sure, I completely disagree with them, but hey, most of the time they think they have my best interest in mind.

Melvin, if you ever see me practicing "trapped in a burning building"-ism, please, try and convert me to a-"trapped in a burning building"-ism.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:08 AM   #65 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
You're trying to convert people by being a smarmy dickhead, going around, "You're exactly like religious people."

That's your belief.

I love you Bob. Unironically. How can you debate with such strength without getting an ulcer is beyond me. I gave up long ago.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:09 AM   #66 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
He is contending that it is affecting others. He contends that those beliefs make a living for a fraud.

Are you pro wealth through fraud? No?

Then prove QuickPhix wrong. If you can't, you can't say he's wrong in saying such a thing.
No one can PROVE anything wrong when it comes to spiritual and metaphysical ideas.

Why don't you place the burden of proof on him instead of me? All I said was that people can believe whatever they want as long as it's not hurting others.

The only way a psychic can "hurt" someone is if that person decides to believe in the psychic and forgo all other alternatives to their problems. That's just darwinism.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:19 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:

That's your belief.

You are a cretin. I did not try to persuade anyone else. I replied directly to someone that I disagree with.

I stated that he is the same, which he is, by trying to intervene in the lives of thickies who know no better and need protected from their own dim stupidity.

Maybe he can help you out sometime
Old 06-23-2009, 11:21 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodimusprime View Post
No one can PROVE anything wrong when it comes to spiritual and metaphysical ideas.

Why don't you place the burden of proof on him instead of me? All I said was that people can believe whatever they want as long as it's not hurting others.
It goes both ways; Quick can't prove he's right, but you can't prove he's wrong.

So you're just as wrong to tell him he's wrong as he is to say Robert's wrong.

What it comes down to, then, is personal preference and interpretation of evidence. There is zero reason or support for your side over the other, and thus he is completely justified in ranting.
Quote:
The only way a psychic can "hurt" someone is if that person decides to believe in the psychic and forgo all other alternatives to their problems. That's just darwinism.
And then you dodged the issue of positive effects to a negative person.

What if someone decided to pay criminals for crimes committed? It's not hurting anyone. It only encourages crime, in the same way that this encourages fraud. They're the same thing, and I'd bet money that people would have a problem with incentivizing crime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
I love you Bob. Unironically. How can you debate with such strength without getting an ulcer is beyond me. I gave up long ago.
There's honestly just something broken in my brain where I don't associate fervent debating with anger.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
You are a cretin. I did not try to persuade anyone else. I replied directly to someone that I disagree with.

I stated that he is the same, which he is, by trying to intervene in the lives of thickies who know no better and need protected from their own dim stupidity.

Maybe he can help you out sometime
QuickPhix didn't try to persuade anyone of anything.

Notice how he did not address anyone who actually believed such a thing.

He replied directly to something that he disagreed with.

I stated that you are the same, which you are, by trying to intervene in the life of a thicky who knows no better and needs protection from his own dim stupidity.

If what he did was intervening, so too is what you did.

In fact, QuickPhix did not even address anyone at all, he just stated his beliefs, whereas you pointedly slammed someone. If anything, you're worse than he is.
Old 06-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:

See, that right there... that proves you have no idea what you are talking about.

What about the MILLIONS of dollars governments have spent investigating psychics. Or even more specifically, the MILLIONS of dollars that different world governments gave to Uri Geller in order research him specifically. What about the friends and family of those that have been defrauded. What about Sylvia Brown, lying straight to peoples faces and telling them that their missing child is dead when they are actually still alive (or, is it worse when she tells them that the child is still alive when they have been murdered). You claim that each person lives in a vacuum, and that is just shortsighted.