Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: What color for Jeremy?
Red 96 49.74%
Black 97 50.26%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #71 (permalink)

"...or as the french would say 'formiDAble...'" WTF! I spat my drink all over my computer.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 PM   #72 (permalink)

Am I the only one who pictures "Herman's Head" when Robert mentions his psychic guides?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:29 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
My point is more about the willingness of his ethereal buddies.
I guarantee genuine scientific tests regard the potential spirits with more respect than K&C.
If they're not trying to help him be successful, what are they trying to do? Help people with their advice? The world would lend him a mighty big ear if he could prove shit.
Point is: Robert's excuses are silly, and he needs to think up new ones if he wants to get more money.
I think your last line sums up your thought.
Why would Roberts success or validity be tied to money? Is there any reason to associate one with the other?
Maybe Robert has what he wants and is good for him with things as they are. You're making the assumption that more money or being able to show undeniable proof are good for him.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:52 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post
I think your last line sums up your thought.
Why would Roberts success or validity be tied to money? Is there any reason to associate one with the other?
Maybe Robert has what he wants and is good for him with things as they are. You're making the assumption that more money or being able to show undeniable proof are good for him.
Funny how shady people are the only people who don't want more money.
Old 06-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Funny how shady people are the only people who don't want more money.
I thought of this question because I once saw a documentary on people with genius level IQ's. One of the geniuses was a bouncer at a bar and poor. The question he said got asked a lot was, with a super high IQ shouldn't you be a millionaire? His simple answer was, why one would equal the other there is no reason intelligence would necessarily equal money.

Same thing for Robert. There's no reason to associate his talent to money. They have nothing to do with each other. It not saying he doesn't want more money, just that talent doesn't always equal money.

Last edited by EastTexas; 06-23-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: added last sentence
Old 06-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
I thought of this question because I once saw a documentary on people with genius level IQ's. One of the geniuses was a bouncer at a bar and poor. The question he said got asked a lot was, with a super high IQ shouldn't you be a millionaire? His simple answer was, why one would equal the other there is no reason intelligence would necessarily equal money.

Same thing for Robert. There's no reason to associate his talent to money. They have nothing to do with each other. It not saying he doesn't want more money, just that talent doesn't always equal money.
Except that it's how he makes his living - by defrauding the credulous. Hell, in the letter at the beginning of the show, he associated the monetary worth of his currently worn jewelry with his magical powers.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:03 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
No, in this situation there literally is. If he can actually demonstrate psychic abilities he will get 1 MILLION dollars from the James Randi Educational foundation.

And if he doesn't need the money, then hell, he can donate it to charity.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:17 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:

Except that it's how he makes his living - by defrauding the credulous. Hell, in the letter at the beginning of the show, he associated the monetary worth of his currently worn jewelry with his magical powers.
Old 06-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #79 (permalink)

When it comes to psychic powers, I believe pretty much everything James Randi has to say on the topic. IOW, I don't believe in them. I don't believe there is any such thing as the entire supernatural realm.

And yet.........I love Robert Alvarez. If I were on the show I'd have him do my reading in a heartbeat. Why? Pure entertainment. I'd ham it up and go all out, and even if I managed to guide him to completely wrong answers I probably wouldn't call him out on it to his face. He's cuban and gay and calls Keith a bendejo 20 times, what's not to like?

BTW, what made me laugh the most on this show was how every time Keith interrupted Robert would get snippy and call him names, but every time Chemda interrupted he would just laugh and run with the joke. That was freakin' hilarious.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:33 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajizzle View Post
I would guess the pink centerpiece is FFC and the blue dude connected to her from below is BroLo, as he has seven different connections. The other popular blue dude with six connections, I would guess, is spooky, and the connection between him and FFC is probably Dee. That's all I got.
haa wow. I think your right :S but I didnt sleep with spooky, or make out.